Paladin, Protection. How much fun?

This is kinda of a silly question.
    And it's silly but for a level 80, Paladin... How do you feel it is to be a Protection, Tank, Paladin?
    Do your abilities feel fun to use?

Can you tell me anything good about Paladin as a tank comparing it with a Warrior or Druid tank?
    Anything unique with Paladin?

Re: Paladin, Protection. How much fun?

Paladin tanking was boring as hell in BC, but now it is a ton of fun. There's always a button to push and depending on when you sue what can really affect your TPS and even the whole fight. There's never a dull moment and mana really isnt an issue anymore. As far as fun factor goes, Paladins and Warriors are up the top followed by DK and way at the bottom is Feral Druids. I have tanked with all 4 and I may be bias, but Pally tanking is my favorite. My alt who is now boomkin was a bear tank through all of BC, but it just pales in comparison to the fun of pally tanking, so I couldn't stand it anymore.

As far as uniqueness goes, HotR and Consecrate are nice tools other classes dont have that really make aoe tanking a little easier and a lot more fun.

Hope that's the kind of response you were looking for.

ya know, never really thought about it, but i really do enjoy slamming my face on the keyboard to generate insane amounts of threat... Thank you for helping me enlighten myself on this subject...

for cereal though, if you like the color yellow and cool zoomy style sounds then youll like tanking... i enjoy it nonetheless

it's fun

but kinda boring

since these days, there isn't any real challenge in tanking anything

about the best you can hope for it to try and beat the bad dps on dmg meters

For this type of ezymode stuff it's more fun to come to a raid as offspec ret and see how many of the "good" dps you can beat

6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9....

on and on and on for infinity.

(fixt)

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Synic
    3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6 3 6....

pretty sure its 696969 cycle but
    .....story of my life none the less!!!!!!! mind you now our attacks refresh divine please to no excuse to run out of mana =P and HotR now hits 4 targets = MORE THREAT like we dont need any more? I thought 7k tps is good enuf

Quote Originally Posted by Synic
    6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9 6 9....

(fixt)
    Its not gonna be only that rotation after next patch

Look at the top TPS for every fight in the game on wowmeteronline, you don't really have to argue that we have the highest tps in the game. It's a well established fact.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/tps/all/6/0/3

Loads of stuff to read.

Anyway, I am Shadow Priest in heart but I kinda have a feeling about Paladin.
    Shadow Priest is more about getting those dots up and do some fast Mind Flay, Mind Blast to get mana up for everyone.
    And there is also fun beating people at my level with Mind Sear, being number one dps. Long as their is more then 2 mobs, you kick some butt. And you hardly get any aggro

But... This thread is about my mind going here and there trying to solve out what to be most focus on, get my Priest to 80, that is also closest to 80 or keep my Paladin rolling thrue Outland where he is now and get more taste of it.

I don't know.

Can a well geared Paladin as protection kill/gain xp as fast as retribution by pulling big, big crowds of mobs? Or just take 1, try to kill it fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Taryon

Can a well geared Paladin as protection kill/gain xp as fast as retribution by pulling big, big crowds of mobs? Or just take 1, try to kill it fast?
    I respec from ret to prot just to do 5 man quests simply because JoL and shield block are insane atm

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis

We're also the only tank that can currently reach 102.4% avoidance/mitigation ALL the time. Now, it's not the easiest task to do, but really, once you manage it, you'll love it. With the best gear AND 102.4% (with Holy Shield up), you'll still be stood on ~31K HP. But the real clincher, is that all the attacks against you are either blocked, dodged, parried, or miss. On top of all this, you're likely to have a hefty amount of Block Value, which leads to even more damage and threat output.
    paladins cant keep 102.4% avoidance at all time... no1 can

tnx to 3.0 diminishing returns on avoidance
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Blaner
    Seems like alot of people haven't read important patch notes ><
    Diminishing returns won't ever let anyone keep 102.4% avoidance
    I think he originally meant 102.4% mitigation