Decimation macro

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /castsequence [modifier:shift] Shadow Bolt(Rank 13),Soul Fire(Rank 6)
    /cast Shadow Bolt(Rank 13)

what happens when using this macro:

with no shift: Repeatable Shadowbolt's
    with shift: 2 shadowbolts, 1 soul fire

now why 2 shadowbolts... Decimation dosent proc untill the shadowbolt hits the target... and waiting for it to hit is a DPS loss

now u might want to drop a lifetap between the first shadowbolt and the decimation soul fire... but that complex macro is abit too hard for me atm

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Re: Decimation macro

wow neato! This looks like it would be very helpful. I'm assuming you can just change Shadowbolt to incinerate and it'll work the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by The Taco Man
    wow neato! This looks like it would be very helpful. I'm assuming you can just change Shadowbolt to incinerate and it'll work the same way?

pretty much sure it would
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    #showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /castsequence [modifier:shift] Shadow Bolt(Rank 13),Soul Fire(Rank 6)
    /cast Shadow Bolt(Rank 13)

what happens when using this macro:

with no shift: Repeatable Shadowbolt's
    with shift: 2 shadowbolts, 1 soul fire

now why 2 shadowbolts... Decimation dosent proc untill the shadowbolt hits the target... and waiting for it to hit is a DPS loss

now u might want to drop a lifetap between the first shadowbolt and the decimation soul fire... but that complex macro is abit too hard for me atm

not sure if I get you right but why not add a modifier:alt and add a lifetap in it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    not sure if I get you right but why not add a modifier:alt and add a lifetap in it

alt is my push-to-key on vent an i use lifetap over necrosis... anyway lifetap is not a problem for this macro

problem about this macro is that between the first shadowbolt and the first soul fire i might want to drop a lifetap... and after that lifetap the soul fire and not another shadow bolt

whats the average dps sustained for a decimatioin spec? i tried it in a meta/ruin build and was getting farely high crits, 16k-21k. but the target has to be at a ceartain health percentage, if someone can give me some numbers it would be apprciated, right now im pulling 3.6k sustaind dps with affliction spec on dummies self-buffed so if your beating that i would like to know how

Quote Originally Posted by sonofschmee
    whats the average dps sustained for a decimatioin spec? i tried it in a meta/ruin build and was getting farely high crits, 16k-21k. but the target has to be at a ceartain health percentage, if someone can give me some numbers it would be apprciated, right now im pulling 3.6k sustaind dps with affliction spec on dummies self-buffed so if your beating that i would like to know how
    im pulling about the same DPS on live on target dummies
    pretty much sure i would pull more dps on ptr... going to test it today

Nice macro, but why use sb and not incinerate as a decimation specced lock?

or shadowbolt incinerate soulfire

shadowbolt to help proc molten core and imp shadowbolt for crit debuff then incinerate if you have alot of fire dmg buffing talents

Quote Originally Posted by sonofschmee
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=41997.0

Thread I made testing the build for the first time. 4.1k dps self sustained on a level 80 dummy without Decimation execute.

thanks, i'll give it a try.
    cheers,
    paundi.