What happened to Vanilla? ;_;

So, My priest was 38 last night, and my guild leader logged on with her 42 warrior (I'm healer, he's prot), and decide to form an Uldaman group. We're only able to find 2 dps, so we begin anyways. About 10 pulls in, the boomkin gets insulted that the leader says warrior tanks are best, and hearths. After downing Grimlok, the rogue leaves. So, we're left with the long path to the final bsos, and the final boss himself...

We down every single thing with no trouble at all. The only close calls the entire instance (while 3 manning or 2 manning) was when I got stunned or silenced, like when we pulled the golem boss, we aggroed another group too, and I got stuck in tornado for like 10 seconds ._.

But yea, me and the leader were wondering when did Vanilla become so easy? We just figured it was because we had knowledge of Ulda, and how to play our classes, but still, level appropriate people shouldn't be able to duo something like Uldaman, I know if we had tried that WHEN it was still vanilla, we woulda been raped by Revelosh.

Re: What happened to Vanilla? ;_;

I remember 2-manning Blackfathom deeps while we were both a full 3 levels before the minimum recommended level. Also we were a hunter and a mage.

Eh, I tend to never have any luck at all finding a group for any Vanilla instances when on my Alts, but if I do, they usually end in around 10-15minutes due to failing or we never find that last player.
    I just get Guild Members to boost me through instances.

But yeh, it has become a bit easier and knowing how to play the class helps a lot.

also some patches ago uldaman got nerfed, i read about it somewhere

Things are now considerably easier in vanilla. They nerfed it some time ago during BC.

I leveled a rogue with a friend of mine and we both 2 manned every single instance ( i was rogue, she was resto druid ) up untill Sunken temple, after that the size of groups in each pull got a little too many for me to keep agro on all at once and my friend kept getting some adds, We stopped trying to two man them after that (we probably could have went on through them all but it just got awkward at that point) so tried to find groups or a proper tank and 3 man things. Actually met some really nice people pugging 1 extra person to get things done. so it was worth it in the end.

Now again we are on another server. Again me (mage this time), the same friend (ironically playing another druid lol) and another friend playing a prot pally. And so far we been having a laugh in instances 3 manning them. We find it alot of fun to do and really enjoy it, it does help having people you know and can enjoy some mad banter on Teamspeak with while doing it though.

In both cases, be it 2 man or 3 man we have alway been just under or on the recommended lvl for each instance. If you have a few friends interested in running a few old instances on thier alts, then i would deffinatly suggest giving it a go its alot of fun.

It's not just nerfs to instances, they were also build around abilities of players that were less strong then they are now.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

It's a little bit disappinting the actual game starts later and later for every new expansion that comes.

Vanilla is looking more and more like the boring part that has to be whizzed through before you can enjoy the good stuff. It's not so bad if it's your n:th alt but I feel sorry for the new players of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebleed
    It's a little bit disappinting the actual game starts later and later for every new expansion that comes.

Vanilla is looking more and more like the boring part that has to be whizzed through before you can enjoy the good stuff. It's not so bad if it's your n:th alt but I feel sorry for the new players of the game.
    Dont forget that for new players .. it is all new and interesting because they haven't done it before.....

it melted
    It's just a game.

15+ Year Old Account

i'd assume it's got something to do with the way trees are arranged now. They were different back then and are most likely alot stronger.

on a more serious note... the game is finer tuned now... no more strength on cloth gear etc... ALOT more blues from lower level dungeons.... even RFC drops 3-4 blues.
    It's just a game.

it was patch 2.3 that reworked vanilla wow for faster leveling and what not.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

This can probably be done by others but its just me and 3 of my friends doing RAF, have 4 manned every instance so far, like we got the appropriate classes for it, but were like 2 levels less every time.

I still enjoy those instances though, the environments are awesome.
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!