Obscene amounts of enchanting mats

There are a few people on my server that have obscene amounts of enchanting mats, and I dont understand how they are getting them. One person literally has the infinite dust, Cosmic essence market cornered, she has probably about 10k gold+ up at all times, and when I armoried the level 1 alt, she has posted over 25k auctions and the amount made has rolled over into the negatives (literally).

Another group of 3 guys are selling cosmic essences by the hundreds, usually to guilds, i mean people place orders of 500 essences and stuff for around 10g each.

Where are these people getting all these mats, I highly doubt its from the JC rings, because I do that and I dont end up with that much junk.

Re: Obscene amounts of enchanting mats

If you have the means to control the entire market and buyout everyone else, then you set the base price and make a margin off of their postings uninhibited by undercutters. Then you repost their mats as your own. Profit. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquidity

Do you De the jc ring or something?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

don't you have to be level 10 for an armory
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana
    don't you have to be level 10 for an armory
    story enhanced for your reading pleasure obviously

The way that I do it, and have made over 250k gold:

First have access or be a JC and Enchanter.

Buy a bunch of Eternal Earths and green quality gems of the following color (red, yellow, blue, orange)

There are 4 patterns, that use 2 Crystallized Earth, and 1 of one of the gems I listed above. Make these by the hundreds and thousands, DE them, bam, stacks and stacks of mats. You can also make Shadowguard rings which are one Eternal Earth and one Eternal Shadow.

You then proceed to sell the mats and keep buying up any Eternal Earths and gems at a reasonable price.

I also farm a lot of my own saronite and make cuts off the gems I prospect, another good money maker, but also a lot of work.

lvling alts = tons of greens

Quote Originally Posted by Buxtin
    There are a few people on my server that have obscene amounts of enchanting mats, and I dont understand how they are getting them. One person literally has the infinite dust, Cosmic essence market cornered, she has probably about 10k gold+ up at all times, and when I armoried the level 1 alt, she has posted over 25k auctions and the amount made has rolled over into the negatives (literally).

Another group of 3 guys are selling cosmic essences by the hundreds, usually to guilds, i mean people place orders of 500 essences and stuff for around 10g each.

Where are these people getting all these mats, I highly doubt its from the JC rings, because I do that and I dont end up with that much junk.
    On my server there are 3 people from 1 guild that joined forces to do this.
    They made a lvl1 alt on a account and started spamming trade that the would buy alle eternal earth for 5g a piece, saronite for 19g a stack and all uncut red/blue/yellow/orange gems for 20g a stack and al lvl75+ greens for 8g and you could even COD it to them.

Now, with AH prices of about 8-9g for a eternal earth, 22/24g for a stack saronite and 40+g for those gems i wouldnt dream about it about selling it to them.

But some (or most) joe's/jane's that are lvling just want a quick buck and dont want the hassle of putting it up on the AH and sell it to them.
    They also got the chinese farmer boys that send them boat loads of mats, and the regular joe farmer that does his trips thru Sholazar/Icecrown and that favours a sure sell of 20g without AH cuts above an uncertain AH sell of 22g with a deducted AH fee.

So they rotate who does what and when, but basicly that lvl1 is online 16+ hours a day and spamming the Ah with dusts/essences and all the basic red gem cuts one can get.

jc+enchanting == profit, and the bigger you handle things the bigger the profits get

I must admit I usually check the AH regularly with the filter to lvl 75+ and quality uncommon. If you see anything below 15g buy it and DE. Usually you get around 4 arcane dust or 2 greater cosmics per item so you then resell and repeat.

Also buying all the current mats in the AH and setting your own price is helpful too.

step 1: Get a tailor

step 2: Start deing

step 3: now sitting at 445 enchanting and selling enchanting skill

unfortunately i have to fight against 200 other ppl for business

fortunately, i have 50% of the pre bc enchant to make money
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    step 1: Get a tailor

step 2: Start deing

step 3: now sitting at 445 enchanting and selling enchanting skill

unfortunately i have to fight against 200 other ppl for business

fortunately, i have 50% of the pre bc enchant to make money

uhmm.. what exacly are you disenchanting as tailor? theres nothing profitable :s

everything thats not profitable

if its green or blue, its definitely sharded
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dubious
    lvling alts = tons of greens
    /agree with this for levelling enchanting, the only point at which I had to spend much gold buying mats was in the pre-BC range (like illusion dust or nether essence). BC and Wrath have lots of dust and essence in comparison.

At 429 skill on my mage, my main barrier now is 80+ eternals needed!, and making blues to get dream shards .. yet more eternals.