Convince me about rerolling priest

Basically, I have an alt mage and priest that I which to level. However, the question is whether I level my mage or priest.

I find healing and dpsing equally fun, and I enjoy both pvp and pve.

So give your opinions

Best regards

Re: Convince me about rerolling priest

Go mage

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Go mage

Noes!

Priest!

If you roll Priest and spec for healing....

You'll always get a group.
    Everybody loves you and adds you to friends.
    If somebody kills you in pvp, res go back and heal everyone they specifically target and dispel all their power up buffs. Its very refreshing..
    You don't have to compete for top dmg meters, instead you can insult the people at the bottom.
    You get to press the spacebar key a lot during fights.
    You can watch TV and eat toast whilst playing 5 mans.
    You can roll on sexy maces.
    You look prettier than the Mage.
    I could go on.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana
    You get to press the spacebar key a lot during fights.
    LULWOT?

If you are refering to stopcasting...

LULWOT?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Go priest, if you like both healing and DPS then you can dual-spec and swap between them whenever you want. As a mage you can only switch between differet ways to do damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Re-rolled an alt priest (Tokedank) for WOTLK. Currently he's my casual main and I gotta say I really enjoy using him.

Pros:
    You'll always find a group as a holy/disc priest for PvE

You ARE the best healer in 5 mans.

You ARE an amazing raid healer as holy with strong tank heals and an AMAZING Main Tank healer as Disc

Shadow is fun, once you learn the rotations you'll be top DPS or really close to it (with equal gear to those you're competing with)

PvP is a challenge, but it is not impossible. Rogue/Priest, Ret Pally/Priest have worked wonders for me as I just started PvPing 2 weeks ago with this char.

Leveling is so easy its not funny, spec shadow and throw some dots and wand/MF to your hearts content

Cons:
    You are very squishy

You might end up respeccing alot if you like playing different roles (dual spec will help this)

You compete with a few classes for cloth gear, you'll get screwed a few times but it's worth it in the long run.

Bad things tend to happen if you're not ready, to avoid this con make sure you're a person who pays attention to detail.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

I find healing and dpsing equally fun
    You are a hybrid player, so roll Priest. If you want to be top DPS in an equal skill/gear situation, roll a pure DPS class like Mage.

I play both at 80, and honestly I much prefer DPS on my shadowpriest. The rotation and constant monitoring of cooldowns, as well as having to keep aware of the regular things like threat, fire, ect. is a lot of fun.

Plus, shadowform looks great.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.