Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Divine Spirit still grant its 80spellpower in 3.1 when becomming a skill?

This question might have been awnsered somwhere if so I am sorry for my slack on finding it, but to come back to the issue: if it doesnt grant its 80spellpower its quite a nerf becomming a skill, since for priests its about 100spellpower gone while having spiritual guidance.

PS. I know it doesnt stack with totems but I dont want to depend on totems all the time

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Will Divine Spirit still grant its 80spellpower in 3.1 when becomming a skill?

Doesn't say anything about spellpower in the description of the buff on ptr. I didn't check my stats but I'd say the spellpower is gone with the wind.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: Will Divine Spirit still grant its 80spellpower in 3.1 when becomming a skill?

Divine Spirit currently grants 0 spellpower, only improve divine spirit does, and then only 80 for 2 talent points.
    Currently you're better off spending the 2 points on other talents, and screw the 80 spellpower, you'll gain more with that than with your 80 spellpower. (and thats one of the reasons improved divine spirit gets removed, and the buff itself becomes a core spell)

Remind me to spec into it before the patch hits anyway, on the off chance that it bugs and becomes permanent. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    Divine Spirit currently grants 0 spellpower, only improve divine spirit does, and then only 80 for 2 talent points.
    Currently you're better off spending the 2 points on other talents, and screw the 80 spellpower, you'll gain more with that than with your 80 spellpower. (and thats one of the reasons improved divine spirit gets removed, and the buff itself becomes a core spell)
    Indeed but it would have been nice to incorporate the 80 spellpower into the buff we get, because it doesn't stack with the shaman totem or warlock procbuff anyway, and is nice for soloing or heroics still.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: Will Divine Spirit still grant its 80spellpower in 3.1 when becomming a ski

Thx for fast awnsers. Bit shame of the lost spellpower, since spirit itself is getting nerfed in the 5second casting rule also... And yes I specced into Imp Divine spirit and even took "Focussed Power" (+4% all spells), since "Guardian Spirit" and "Imp Holy Concentration" are all luck and chance, and I rather play with solids, and with me having +100spellpower(80flat+25%) from imp spi and "Focused Power"(4%) I didnt have much lower greater heals then ppl with "Emp Healing" and my flash heals were almost the same... But guess ill have to addapt and go with the herde and ditch my "unique" spec ...

Re: Will Divine Spirit still grant its 80spellpower in 3.1 when becomming a ski

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Thx for fast awnsers. Bit shame of the lost spellpower, since spirit itself is getting nerfed in the 5second casting rule also... And yes I specced into Imp Divine spirit and even took "Focussed Power" (+4% all spells), since "Guardian Spirit" and "Imp Holy Concentration" are all luck and chance, and I rather play with solids, and with me having +100spellpower(80flat+25%) from imp spi and "Focused Power"(4%) I didnt have much lower greater heals then ppl with "Emp Healing" and my flash heals were almost the same... But guess ill have to addapt and go with the herde and ditch my "unique" spec ...

80 Spirit = 84 spirit (Spirit of Redemption +5%) = 92.4 spirit (Blessing of Kings +10%)
    92.4 spirit = 23(.1) spellpower (Spiritual Guidance 25%), +80 (improved Divine Spirit)

103 spellpower.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

No, you don't have improved ds on ptr as it is atm (just to nail it down).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    No, you don't have improved ds on ptr as it is atm (just to nail it down).
    That's wrong, the trainable divine spirit is the former improved version - it does grant spell power.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Belamy_G
    That's wrong, the trainable divine spirit is the former improved version - it does grant spell power.
    Just checked on the ptr and this is NOT the case.

With holy (25% spirit as spellpower) I got 21 spellpower through divine spirit.
    WIth shadow (10% spirit as spellpower) I got 8 spellpower through divine spirit.

Divine spirit itself does not give spellpower therefore.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

WIth shadow (10% spirit as spellpower) I got 8 spellpower through divine spirit.

On EJ I read a post on the new (nerfed) serendipity, with some haste calculation and comparison to the former values and to riptide. I logged in the ptr to have a look at it myself and I was surprised finding serendipity doing nothing at all now.

My guess: English ptr (on which you probably play) is different to the german ptr (on which I play) - Divine Spirit does grant spell power there.

15+ Year Old Account

On EJ I read a post on the new (nerfed) serendipity, with some haste calculation and comparison to the former values and to riptide. I logged in the ptr to have a look at it myself and I was surprised finding serendipity doing nothing at all now.

My guess: English ptr (on which you probably play) is different to the german ptr (on which I play) - Divine Spirit does grant spell power there.
    Seredipity doing nothing is a known issue with the latest build.

Und auf dem deutschen PTR gibt Göttlicher Wille auch nur 21 bzw. 8 Willenskraft je nach Skillung, mit Disziplin Skillung sogar 0 Willenskraft.

Improved Divine Spirit is gone.

Edit: just double-checked and screenshotted to prove it

Divine Spirit with holy spec:

Divine Spirit with shadow spec:

Just made these screenshots:

Discipline w/o and w/ Divine Spirit:

Holy w/o and w/ Divine Spirit:

I don't want to prove you wrong - just don't want you to think I'm telling things. Let's just hope we'll get a uniform live version.

15+ Year Old Account

Now THAT is really strange, especially seeing as we both play on Fordring-EU?

Did you, by chance, have Imp. Divine Spirit talented before copying to the PTR? There was an issue with our ghost-hit that we still got if we had it talented before 3.0, so maybe thats it?

Now THAT is really strange, especially seeing as we both play on Fordring-EU?
    yes

Did you, by chance, have Imp. Divine Spirit talented before copying to the PTR? There was an issue with our ghost-hit that we still got if we had it talented before 3.0, so maybe thats it?
    Yes, talented already before copying. *sigh*

Holy gets 23.1 spellpower with Spiritual Guidance, Spirit of Redemption, and Kings,
    While Shadow gets 8.8 spellpower with Kings, 17.6 when Glyph of Shadow is up, and 19.3 when Improved Spirit Tap is up.

Sorta offtopic, but Holy had 103.1 spellpower with ImpDS, Shadow had 99.3, while the spec that needed the three points in the first place only gave 80, I thought that was kinda retarded.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Imp. Divine Spirit doesn't stack with Flametongue Weapon Totems, so for 25-man raids, this is sort of irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystz0r
    Imp. Divine Spirit doesn't stack with Flametongue Weapon Totems, so for 25-man raids, this is sort of irrelevant.
    true. but 25-man raids isn't everything.. there's no shaman in my naxx10 raid for instance :/

I doubt that Blizzard are going to give priests two different buffs that both buff spellpower. without having to spec into it, and with the change to Divine Spirit becoming baseline it seems unlikely that they will give it as well as the spellpower granted by spending two talent points in Improved Divine Spirit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

true. but 25-man raids isn't everything.. there's no shaman in my naxx10 raid for instance :/
    Ye sorry, shouldn't have put it so bluntly - was just reminding everone