Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shattering Throw - Warrior = Anti-Bubble?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Arms
    • Shattering Throw *New Skill* - Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [ 50% of AP + 12 ] damage (based on attack power), reducing the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec, and removing any invulnerabilities. 25 Rage, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown
    So... Am I mistaken, or Warriors are getting a Bubble-blower?  ;D
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Re: Shattering Throw - Warrior = Anti-Bubble?

Arms

* Battle Stance now increase the armor penetration of all your attacks by 10%.
    * Shattering Throw *New Skill* - Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [ 50% of AP + 12 ] damage (based on attack power), reducing the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec, and removing any invulnerabilities. 25 Rage, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown

Fury

* Berserker Stance now increase all damage taken by 5% (Down from 10%)

Protection

* Defensive Stance now reduces damage caused by 5%. (Down from 10%)
    * Disarm now disarm the enemy's main hand and ranged weapons.

so is this all the notes they promised to add at next patch? seems pretty crap

* Battle Stance now increase the armor penetration of all your attacks by 10%.
    means that if u have 0 armor pen, u get no benefit at all? or is it a bad wording to say: in battlestance you ignore 10% of your targets armor?

A bubble breaker?!?!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Oh god this is going to be so amazing.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    so is this all the notes they promised to add at next patch? seems pretty crap
    No. They said in a blue post yesterday exactly, that they would release some changes, but that it wasnt the ONLY changes.

@Tigercat : Oh yeah, it will.

Invictus Thrax

the bubble breaker sounds too good to be true!!i bet there's a catch :P about the battle stance armor penetration, maybe this way they r telling us to use sunder armor more

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus Thrax
    the bubble breaker sounds too good to be true!!i bet there's a catch :P about the battle stance armor penetration, maybe this way they r telling us to use sunder armor more
    This is a nifty way to get warriors into arena teams, however...if this is their fix to warriors not building rage through shields...then arms is still dead.

And if I can't pummel or intercept in battle stance....then battle stance is still useless in most situations, excpet going toe to toe with a rogue or DK.

A 5 min CD is just too much if THATS their answer...if this is in addition...this is an amazing counter to mages and paladins.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    This is a nifty way to get warriors into arena teams, however...if this is their fix to warriors not building rage through shields...then arms is still dead.

And if I can't pummel or intercept in battle stance....then battle stance is still useless in most situations, excpet going toe to toe with a rogue or DK.
    Like they said, it's not the only changes they are doing. I expect a lot more coming, but it's a really good start.

A semi-decent pvp warrior change, but battle stance is still complete crap, and still makes PvE arms warriors crap.

MORE CHANGES PLZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne
    1.5 sec cast + 5minute cooldown is the catch. Seemed pretty obvious to me.
    At least ret paladins wont keep DPS'ing you in their bubble 'til the last 2seconds, then heal themself to full and come back after bubble.

They'll be f.ing affraid that you break the bubble, so they'll stop attacking, and heal right away.

And for holy, they wont have time to both heal themself AND their teammates.

I interpret the battle stance change as a flat 10% armor pen, since armor pen itself works based on percentile now rather than by a flat amount.

Shattering Throw makes me glad Paladin isn't my main any more.. First mass dispel and now this T_T

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-BUBBLE BREAKER

Is this skill a talent in the Arms tree, or is this a baseline skill usable only in battle stance.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran
    I interpret the battle stance change as a flat 10% armor pen, since armor pen itself works based on percentile now rather than by a flat amount.

Shattering Throw makes me glad Paladin isn't my main any more.. First mass dispel and now this T_T
    I just started getting dedicated to leveling my paladin too. He is level 61 and going strong though!

Is this skill a talent in the Arms tree, or is this a baseline skill usable only in battle stance.
    My guess would be that it's a baseline skill, because else they would've said which Tier it is in the Arms tree. And they probably would've said '*New Talent*' instead of '*New Skill*'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-BUBBLE BREAKER
    HAHAHAHAHA

You sir, made my day.

I'm digging the warrior changes so far but...

QFT!

I love whirlwind... I say rend/overpower should be able to be used in berserker stance... and while I'm at it, it makes no sense for fury to have disarm immunity built into their tree and we have to put a stupid weapon chain on our 2h to do pvp =/

Weapon mastery used to be in the arms tree for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocis
    I don't think that Shattering Throw will go live like that. Just think about what they've done to Chaos Bolt...
    Of course, some spell dont make it to the live servers, but warriors are in a totally different situation than warlocks were Pre-3.0, I'm sorry.

There is totally no comparison possible with Chaos Bolt not making it.

Eh, to make this drastic enough of a change to a class before a new Arena season and a new pve Instance, I get the feeling they've been itching to do a few things and this seems a good way to get it done.

Perhaps an boss encounter that requires you to use mass dispel or Shattering throw later in Ulduar or Icecrown.
    Intentionally taking the class whos arena participation doubles every other classes down a notch.
    Fixing what always has been a pretty strong counter to warriors in solo and team play...paladins and mages.

I think it'll make it live.

It's a 5m cooldown, and Paladins have a 30% chance to resist removal effects. Mages don't, at least, but there's a pretty good chance this isn't going to do anything. Given the way it's worded I'm 100% sure it won't stack with Sunders either, if they even keep that ability in the way it's written now.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

hum...

cast divine shield cast instant flash of light, hammer of justice on the war cast divine light full life bye mister warrior

/kiss

i'm not a war, i'm a ret pal but to my mind this new skill for war is very good cause it will be really interesting versus holy pally

and give war more interest in arenas

i hove to fight you all more cause this makes me exiting

i'm a ret pal and i'm happy for arms warrior,

at last but not least i hope you'll have even more talent or skill for arm spec to be competitive in the future (i like to 3v3 with a arms warrior this is too bursty )