Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Finally, 100% extra crit dmg...

The 200 extra dps you saw on a dummy will scale with raid-buffs to a bit more though.

Correct me if I'm wrong here (I may be way off).

Doesn't current Shadowform increase the BASE damage of all our DoTs by our crit chance? So... it doesn't scale with spellpower, just with more crit chance?

Wouldn't causing DoTs to crit cause this to now scale with spellpower?

I'm far from a theorycrafter or mathmagician, but unless I have a misunderstanding about how things work, this sounds logical. So it would make it possibly a nerf to low end gear, and a big buff to higher end gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    Correct me if I'm wrong here (I may be way off).

Doesn't current Shadowform increase the BASE damage of all our DoTs by our crit chance? So... it doesn't scale with spellpower, just with more crit chance?

Wouldn't causing DoTs to crit cause this to now scale with spellpower?

I'm far from a theorycrafter or mathmagician, but unless I have a misunderstanding about how things work, this sounds logical. So it would make it possibly a nerf to low end gear, and a big buff to higher end gear.
    DoTs do scale with spellpower.

I suppose I phrased that badly.

DoTs scale with spellpower. Base DoT damage (which, to my knowledge, means before you add spellpower or buffs) scales directly with crit.

Now DoTs will continue to scale with spellpower, but now DoT damage (including spellpower and buffs) will scale with crit. Right?

It already scaled with crit, it'll just scale even better now :-)

I don't understand the worry about doing less dps. It won't happend. Be happy for the pvp changes, and that we'll scale better with gear.

The only fight I find myself near the bottom is Patchwerk. All other fights have some sort of movement involved or interrupt in form of raid damage or require aoe so it's not that bad. For example - Sapphiron. Our dots tick while it flies up, while mages can't do anything, let alone DKs.

Right now SP's average 8.5th place out of 10 dps spots in Naxx according to http://wmo.178.com/rank/classrank/6. I think this will boost us up to 7th place, maybe 6th. It'll be decent. The best part is that we'll scale better. We started out dominating naxx and now at high gear levels we're falling way behind the top 5.

FYI, Pallies and druids are the two hanging out with us at the bottom and given that Naxx is almost all undead I think ret pallies need PVE buffs more than we do. One could also argue that both pallies and druids bring more utility than we do.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

When your target has 10 million HP, this isn't much of a buff (if at all depending on your gear).

But when your target has 20,000 HP this is a huge buff, because your DPS has the possibility to do tremendous burst damage (even with just dots).

So in essence its a PVP buff.

So overall, will I be seeing a dps INCREASE or DECREASE after this change?

I've been getting more crit items in anticipation for this patch.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

noob question did they allow shadow power to work with our dots? this 200% is throwing me off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nikari
    noob question did they allow shadow power to work with our dots? this 200% is throwing me off a bit.
    Did you bother to read this topic at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

We get an extra 6% crit on our DoTs from the new Mind Melt, and the new Devouring Plague talent to increase its damage, so against single targets it is a buff. However, we will do less damage on AoE pulls because next patch Pestilence will no longer spread Devouring Plague to other targets.

So against bosses, a DPS increase. In AoE, a decrease because of the Pestilence change.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    We get an extra 6% crit on our DoTs from the new Mind Melt, and the new Devouring Plague talent to increase its damage, so against single targets it is a buff. However, we will do less damage on AoE pulls because next patch Pestilence will no longer spread Devouring Plague to other targets.

So against bosses, a DPS increase. In AoE, a decrease because of the Pestilence change.
    Our 2 stupid Death Knights didn't have the ability to spread DP anyway, so its no dps loss for me at least. Stupid DK, I say that I focus him and his target and after like 5-8 seconds I will cast DP on his target, he agrees to spread it. But through the whole of naxx I always have only 1 DP ticking. Its always the same...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Our 2 stupid Death Knights didn't have the ability to spread DP anyway, so its no dps loss for me at least. Stupid DK, I say that I focus him and his target and after like 5-8 seconds I will cast DP on his target, he agrees to spread it. But through the whole of naxx I always have only 1 DP ticking. Its always the same...
    Same stuff pretty much. Kinda annoying.

The only thing that bothers me with those changes is that I have to actually swap my gear for more crit. Loving my current setup with 565 haste, the changes are going to drop it my 100 at least. On the other hand I'll most likely step to those number as soon as I touch Ulduar gear. I'm around 5500-5750 on Patchwerk atm, over 5k on all teh spank'ish encounters.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

It's been tested and apparently it's a buff, not a big one though.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    Let's be honest. AoE DP + Mind Sear was too good. Interesting and cool how it worked, but too good. Nothing can touch my aoe dps, ever.
    Rogues spamming FoK if they're talented for Focused Attacks can come pretty damn close. But that's more on the lower hp pulls like the skitterers in the spider wing.

Overall though, yes, Mind Sear dominates AE.

FoK needs a nerf imo.
    No, it doesn't. And who cares about aoe anyway, nearly everyone can aoe in wotlk, it's not like it takes any special skills to do so too.

We lost the distinction the second we weren't the only ones providing mana. Also, I can't recall any of the shadowpriests asking for an AoE spell yet we were given two, yet one's going to be taken away. Not that I care for aoe, on Sarth + drakes aoe happens so fast you don't know what hit the mobs and is not a vital component of the encounter, just +dps on recount for us and dks.

I'm a dwarf, and no - I won't qq about ze nerf, it was obvious that after wotf the same will happen to dwarfs :>

The stuff to be excited for in 3.1 dwarfs the stuff to qq about.
    Funny choice of words there indeed in a patch that nerfs dwarves.

Don't get me started on AoE. AoE has ruined this whole expansion for me.

The only thing I really really hate about this expansion is how easy heroic 5 man dungeons are. They should be at least 3 times harder. I mean, if you can beat a boss at 1st try with tbc gear, aoeing your way there.. something isn't right. And we're supposed to play those instances during the whole expansion until 1 or 2 new come along with patches. That's just bad design there.