Healers
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid

DPS
    Boomkin
    Ret Pally
    Fire Mage
    17 Shadow Priests

VE healing assuming 4k dps by shadow priests (HPS below not including JoL, Blood, Dev plague)
    Group 1 = Pally Tank + 4 SP (800 HPS to tank and 1600 HPS to SPs)
    Group 2 = Unholy DK, + 4 SP (800 HPS to tank and 1600 HPS to SPs)
    Group 3 = Resto Shaman, Resto Druid, + 3 SP (600 HPS to Others and 1400 HPS to SPs)
    Group 4 = Boomkin, Ret Pally, + 3 SP (600 HPS to Others and 1400 HPS to SPs)
    Group 5 = Fire Mage, Blood DK, + 3 SP (600 HPS to Others and 1400 HPS to SPs)

You'd have every caster buff/debuff for damage and could easily run with only 2 healers thanks to 17 VEs, Imp Blood Presence, and JoL. I've seen WWS of groups doing speed runs with 2 healers as it is. This set up is like having lifebloom rolling on 17 raid members and renew rolling on the other 8. Patchwerk and four horsemen are the only encounters I can think of where dual spec would have to be used to add a couple of healers. Saph would be easy mode, not that hes tough now.

I know shadow priest DPS is 8th overall and gaining a couple of dps slots doesn't really make up for their weak output but I just thought it was a cool idea. Rolling on caster drops would really really suck obviously :P
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Re: 17 Shadow Priest Raid? Just for fun

lf warlock ? = /facepalm

Who needs a warlock?

They already have an unholy DK for Ebon Plague.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

never heard of an ele shaman?

Drop the ret pally for an ele sham.

You all ready have lots of replenishment, obviously; the boomkin provides the 3% haste that swift retribution does; totem of wrath will replace santified retribution (except better cause its on more than one target at a time).

But you will be gaining 5% casting haste, 136 spell power, and a few other totem buffs (and probably some more DPS).

18 fire mages
    Old rolling ignites
    ?????
    Profit
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    Drop the ret pally for an ele sham.

You all ready have lots of replenishment, obviously; the boomkin provides the 3% haste that swift retribution does; totem of wrath will replace santified retribution (except better cause its on more than one target at a time).

But you will be gaining 5% casting haste, 136 spell power, and a few other totem buffs (and probably some more DPS).
    Resto shaman was already dropping those and losing second pally means losing Wisdom or Kings and judgement of wisdom. You could make it a Holy Pally and Ele Shammy for pretty much the same effect I suppose.

It would work just fine....if you could *find* 17 shadow priests .

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

That could be fun to try

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    Resto shaman was already dropping those and losing second pally means losing Wisdom or Kings and judgement of wisdom. You could make it a Holy Pally and Ele Shammy for pretty much the same effect I suppose.
    Actually come 3.1 you wouldn't need a pally there for BoW because a shaman dropping mana spring gives the same amount of mp5.