Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: So warriors are going to remove your Devine shield huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Quote from GC

Q u o t e:
    So can you please explain why you want another ability that blows up Bubble? Is it so you can buff Paladins in other ways? Please explain the balance of this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paladins are extremely powerful in PvP right now.
    Priests are the only class that can break bubbles. We felt another class needed the ability.
    Warriors are weak in PvP right now.
    Warriors needed another reason to want to go to Battle Stance.
    Going to Battle Stance helps to telegraph what the warrior is about to do.
    It just all fit.

Just in case the paladins wanted to know WHY warriors are getting this instead of some random class. Id' say its pretty safe to say, ya its going live. Warriors simply are the instrument of a nerf they wanted to throw at you specifically. They wanted another class to be able to break your bubble.

Anyone has a link to that blue post? I never saw it

I'm not sure where the quote about shield slam removing bubble (if there even was one) but this is the link for the new Shattering Throw http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=64380#see-also-ability. Seems like it stacks with sunder too so it has amazing pvp possibilities and a nice bonus for PvE boss fights.

just to ask since no one mentioned it before, im assuming this ability runs on a 3-5 min cd as we can only bubble once every couple mins also, so that there might actually be a trick to get the warrior to use it b4 right?

i mean why would you give warrior, who has always been the easiest target for a pala, pala is anathema to warrior like, an ability like that and not put it on a long cd,

anyone know the cd off the ability?

Quote Originally Posted by sillverhair
    just to ask since no one mentioned it before, im assuming this ability runs on a 3-5 min cd as we can only bubble once every couple mins also, so that there might actually be a trick to get the warrior to use it b4 right?

i mean why would you give warrior, who has always been the easiest target for a pala, pala is anathema to warrior like, an ability like that and not put it on a long cd,

anyone know the cd off the ability?
    5 min
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

wtb stuns or incapacitating abilites or out off sight arenas..

oh wait...

Deleted

Warriors are weak in PvP and Shattering Throw isn't going to help them in the least. You see paladin bubbling; cast Battle Stance, wait GCD, cast Shattering Throw 1.5s cast, cast Berserker Stance, try to kill the paladin with all your rage gone. By the way, 3 seconds is enough to get a Holy Light in, so by the time you've nuked the paladin's bubble out of the way he'll be again in full health. So, wouldn't running out of sight and bandaging be more beneficial?

I'm just saying, the one who came up with Shattering Throw and thought it'll boost warriors in PvP clearly hasn't played with one.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Paladins are extremely powerful in PvP right now.
    Warriors are weak in PvP right now.
    1 + 1 = 2 yeh?

You dont need a mastermind to understand that warriors need buff in PvP, so it's just fair that they get a ability which allows them to remove the Not-so-wery-almighty-bubble. Shattering Throw isnt op, and durring the time a warrior will use to cast this, a ret pally will have plenty of time to cast a Holy Light and be good to go. And I think this is a great way to sort out the Holy pallys in pvp, they're just too op..

Quote Originally Posted by rwh531
    So If I got this straight this is what the new warrior ability is going to do

#1 Remove your bubble
    #2 do up to 8k damage when it crits
    #3 Put a debuff on you that causes the warriors attacks to ignore 20% of your armor

In order to perform said ability warrior must swap into battle stance leaving him with 25 rage
    warrior then uses ability that costs ? you guessed it 25 rage
    you then have 3 seconds of the warrior waiting for white attack until he can do any damage
    (6 if you choose to heal yourself instead of hitting him)

My question is
    When was the last time a paladin needed to bubble in order to kill a warrior patch 2.4 ?
    (does not apply in arena because if you attack the warrior before his teammates are dead you are stupid)

Now from a Arena perspective
    Your bubble is gone Oh noes you cannot force people to switch targets anymore

with the skills debuff +5 sunders and while in battle stance the warrior now mitigates 50% of your armor
    (if your not attacking him he has no rage) yet this will benefit other melee classes on the warriors team
    In ptr duels/bgs and skirmish arenas i didnt need to use bubble against warior, sry m8 but still warior will be littlebit sucky even with this skill.
    Only usefull about this skilll is that enemy will need to have in mind that this skill exist nothinh more(talking from protection and retri pov)

Warriors can't kill me, Never have never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Warriors are weak in PvP and Shattering Throw isn't going to help them in the least. You see paladin bubbling; cast Battle Stance, wait GCD, cast Shattering Throw 1.5s cast, cast Berserker Stance, try to kill the paladin with all your rage gone. By the way, 3 seconds is enough to get a Holy Light in, so by the time you've nuked the paladin's bubble out of the way he'll be again in full health. So, wouldn't running out of sight and bandaging be more beneficial?

I'm just saying, the one who came up with Shattering Throw and thought it'll boost warriors in PvP clearly hasn't played with one.
    Just for your information, the GCD when you switch stance only applies to stance changes. So you can instantly switch stance and do Shattering Throw(1.5secs cast BTW, for the one worrying that they couldn't even do 1 heal before it gets blown up).

But to switch stance after, you need to wait for the global cooldown.

I noticed this while switching to defensive stance to use Spell Reflect, you can do it right after stance dance, but you can't switch stance back right after.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Good lord, stop stance dancing, Blizzard is making a very concerted effort to make staying in Battle Stance worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

Warriors wills till suck in pvp and that's the end of that. Only now in bgs we can help others killa paladin with breakign their bubble. But don't expect a warrior to kill anythign by himself.

As for bloodthirst, someone said it has critted for 9k damage. Well I don't have the best ever but i had last ngith 5.1k atk power and it wasn't even close to 9k damage (thousands off actually) so don't really buy that. Only time i did break 9k was on thaddius and that doesn't really count.

15+ Year Old Account

peronally I would open a fight with a warrior in 3.1 with a hammer of justice so that when I do bubble and he/she switches to battle stance I can stun again to take advantage. By then 12sec should be up and the attempt will be fail on his/her part.

no worries, unless you're a healer but in that case you "should be playing smart" and watch for the stance shift and stun the warrior. Just like back in TBC when they all tried to def stance and disarm. It takes liek 3-4 seconds for them to pull it off, plenty of time to stop them with repentence or hammer lol

First off. Come 3.1 When you PvP There will not be any need to go to zerker, unless you have to use intercept. You should be staying in Battle unless you have to switch for a good reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalynfein
    Warriors wills till suck in pvp and that's the end of that. Only now in bgs we can help others killa paladin with breakign their bubble. But don't expect a warrior to kill anythign by himself.

As for bloodthirst, someone said it has critted for 9k damage. Well I don't have the best ever but i had last ngith 5.1k atk power and it wasn't even close to 9k damage (thousands off actually) so don't really buy that. Only time i did break 9k was on thaddius and that doesn't really count.

Yes a 9k BT Crit is highly possible. With the gear and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graviteh
    Good lord, stop stance dancing, Blizzard is making a very concerted effort to make staying in Battle Stance worth it.
    This bloke has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85
    peronally I would open a fight with a warrior in 3.1 with a hammer of justice so that when I do bubble and he/she switches to battle stance I can stun again to take advantage. By then 12sec should be up and the attempt will be fail on his/her part.

no worries, unless you're a healer but in that case you "should be playing smart" and watch for the stance shift and stun the warrior. Just like back in TBC when they all tried to def stance and disarm. It takes liek 3-4 seconds for them to pull it off, plenty of time to stop them with repentence or hammer lol
    And if they trinket the stun? Arms warriors will be imab come 3.1. So i say screw all you pallys who bubble and al lyour mages who ice block :P

^ i love when warriors come to our boards and act tough now that they have a shiney new ability.

I have been beating the piss out of warriors in pvp on my pallies since Vanilla wow. This will not change anything.

I could see this as being an advantage in arena if you are trying to burst down a paladin healer. The WAR would have to sacrifice some dps by staying in battle stance, but it would cut down on holy pally survivability. Probobly wouldn't be very effictive in 2v2s, but it could tip the scales in a 3v3 or 5v5. Very situational, but an interesting tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnygogo
    I could see this as being an advantage in arena if you are trying to burst down a paladin healer. The WAR would have to sacrifice some dps by staying in battle stance, but it would cut down on holy pally survivability. Probobly wouldn't be very effictive in 2v2s, but it could tip the scales in a 3v3 or 5v5. Very situational, but an interesting tactic.
    a holy pally only needs bubble for a minimum of 3 seconds to heal to full (one HS + the isntant FoL, and the 2 pc holy tier set bonus will be nice). it will take a minimum of 1.5 seconds for the GCD on the warrs last attack + 1.5 seconds to cast Shatt Throw + human reaction time gives a holy pally ~4 seconds of (ie 1/3 of bubble duration) to heal. all the time they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    a holy pally only needs bubble for a minimum of 3 seconds to heal to full (one HS + the isntant FoL, and the 2 pc holy tier set bonus will be nice). it will take a minimum of 1.5 seconds for the GCD on the warrs last attack + 1.5 seconds to cast Shatt Throw + human reaction time gives a holy pally ~4 seconds of (ie 1/3 of bubble duration) to heal. all the time they need.
    True, but this removes the holy pallies ability to heal himself to full and start healing whatever target that the other team has switched to. You will still have to basically kill the pally twice, but the focus doesn't change with shatt throw. This means that there is no down time while the group picks a new target.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnygogo
    True, but this removes the holy pallies ability to heal himself to full and start healing whatever target that the other team has switched to. You will still have to basically kill the pally twice, but the focus doesn't change with shatt throw. This means that there is no down time while the group picks a new target.
    in twos and threes, it wont matter considering in 2s the warr is the guy that would switch, and if its a double dps only one pereson would be on the holy pallies partner while the warr never switched, same in 3s. so it would be more beneficial to NOT use ST to remove bubble and wait to use till after bubble has faded so you get the sunder effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    in twos and threes, it wont matter considering in 2s the warr is the guy that would switch, and if its a double dps only one pereson would be on the holy pallies partner while the warr never switched, same in 3s. so it would be more beneficial to NOT use ST to remove bubble and wait to use till after bubble has faded so you get the sunder effect.
    Agreed. Very situational ability. Probobly won't make too big of an impact in pvp.

Also as OP has stated, sunder could be interesting in pve, but that's probobly a subject to be discussed in the war forum.