Thread: pvp build

pvp build

No one was able to defeat this build on PTR:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9658

Old sl/siphon comes back, with a 5s dazing instant conflagration, -70% speed for 8s every 15s, -31% damage, and nether protection against magic damage. Not to mention a tp that brakes snare effects, and the merge of sl/siphon that is a up by some aspects (less chances to break a fear, quicker to stack) and a nerf by some others (easier to dispell, a bit lower dps).

Enjoy your warlock again

Aton

Re: pvp build

does anyone know if Improved Fear stacks with CoExhaustion and Aftermath? Something tells me it doesnt, and im not on ptr atm.

It does not (only the maximum slow effect applies) so i am not a great fan of exhaustion in addition to afternath - shadowflame/conflag/fear/hot are enough. I prefer using curse of agony.

In a pure affli pvp build, exhaustion is of course a must have.

I've a white hope that warlocks again will be playable in PvP

wow that looks like an awesome build... I was thinking of doing a conflag/ empowerment build by teching roughly down to empowerment and demonic resilience.

Like this...

but that looks pretty slick

EDIT

Oh btw what glyphs are you using with this build... I'm guessing Siphon Life, Conflagrate, and Soul Link?

Quote Originally Posted by bbricker
    does anyone know if Improved Fear stacks with CoExhaustion and Aftermath? Something tells me it doesnt, and im not on ptr atm.
    You're correct on this. I've already tested this out in BGs. Improved Fear talent should only have 1 point in it at most and that would be for a filler point. I'd like Blizz to actually take the Glyph of Fear concept and put it as Improved Fear and then just use the glyph to increase its range or reduce casting time by 0.2 seconds (or something similar in the regard). Wishful thinking I guess.

To the OP, interesting concept. To me it lacks in damage output, however, it has core survival talents. Nether Protection is one hell of a talent to mix with SL/SL.

The build I do WSGs in on the PTR is:

0/30/41

Reasons behind spec:

Master Demonologist: 10% less spell damage taken with felhunter out. great against any casters and even DKs (remember most of Dks damage is spell based)

Aftermath: the daze from conflagerate slows down melee allowing you to fear, death coil, or shadowfury them.

Nether protection: Amazing against any casters and DKS!!!!!!!! 60% less damage from their spells (which most dks use a shadow based spell to start their rotation, thus screwing themselves out of most of their other attacks.)

Shadowfury=AOE stun. Great if macroed with a pvp trinket and used against those annoying rogues. Also allows for you to get fears or a death coil off; if needed.

Soul Link + Master Demonologist + felhunter + Molten Skin + new soul link glyph=41% less damage taken from spells
    Soul Link + Master Demonologist + VW + Molten Skin + new soul link glyph=41% less damage taken from physical attacks (great if the dps on the arena team is a rogue, warrior...etc)

In WSG i was hitting 7k or 8k conflags! I had most kills and most damage done, and I have 0 resil.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aton

Old sl/siphon comes back, with a 5s dazing instant conflagration, -70% speed for 8s every 15s, -31% damage, and nether protection against magic damage. Not to mention a tp that brakes snare effects, and the merge of sl/siphon that is a up by some aspects (less chances to break a fear, quicker to stack) and a nerf by some others (easier to dispell, a bit lower dps).

Enjoy your warlock again

Aton
    That’s an interesting build. It has the same elements in it as the old SL/SL build but with added abilities and survivability and even though it's not a build with the most damage it should provide a lot more damage than the old SL/SL build. The idea behind SL/SL was always to outlast anyway. The major potential weakness I see though as in the old SL/SL is against melee and especially rogues as you don't have anything else than death coil to get them off you. I guess you run with the felhunter as was the case with the old SL/SL build.

Nevertheless an interesting build which I might try out.

Looks like a fun BG build. But with no Insta Howl or Shadowfury, its not going to be very viable in arena. The spec is too reliant on cast times with no viable way of keeping distance.

The only reason the old SL/SL worked without any defensive spell like insta-howl or shadowfury is that our fel armor and huge stam pool allowed us to drain tank. We no longer have either. I may be underestimating Molten Skin and the SL glypth, but with very little dmg increasing talents, i doubt we could live long enough in arena to do any real damage with this build.

Overall i could see how it would be a lot of fun in a BG though.

15+ Year Old Account

guess glyph's must be conflag, Soul link and Shadowflame which is kinda bad considering the corruption glyph is really nice.

Will test the corruption later, it might not be worth it in arena at least since i miss out all talentspoints to make it any good eccept improved corruption, so it might end up with neglectable selfhealing cos of low corruption damage.

edit:
    tested some now in bg's, it's kinda okey but in arena its fail due to still no (which was promised) dispelprotecion for immolate.

Maybe some US player can make a post nagging a bit on PTR forum, didn't find any posts there about it and I can't make one cos im living in EU.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

First off i want to say to the OP that this spec looks like alot of fun, I am definatly going to try it when 3.1 goes live. I am very interested in seeing what kinda dmg Conflag will have with this spec. Also, in regards to the Glyph of Corr, with Backlash/nightfall/said glyph you could be seeing alot of free sb's. If anyone has numbers on Conflag with this spec i would like to see them.

Well thats my two cents, i think there are a few nice specs to play with when 3.1 hits. But just like everything else.....we wont really know until it goes live.

15+ Year Old Account

conflag hits noncrit ~2200-2300, got mostly deadly, pve weapons,offhand,wand and were using fel armor.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aton

Enjoy your warlock again

Aton
    Dude this is the same exact build I tried as soon as I got on PTR lol. I beat a lot of classes but lost to Rogues and pure Destro Warlocks (Shadowfury ftw).