Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Priest] Regen Trinket Comparison

Measuring trinkets is hard calculations. This comparison will test all trinkets for their manaregen abilities. Most trinkets have some proc chance ability, which will proc often or little depending on your gear, playstyle or... well, it varies a lot. So to give a decent comparison, I'll simply do calculations for a few different gear levels and a few different playstyles, and you can pick the ones closes to your own numbers.

This thread is currently updated to patch 3.3 numbers.

Gear:
    Low-end: A 900 int, 900 spirit, 25% crit get setup, raidbuffed. This is entrylevel raiding gear.
    Medium-end: 1293 int 1293 spirit, 35% crit setup, raidbuffed. I assume this to be a T8 level.
    High-end: 1400int, 1400 spirit, 45% crit setup. This should possibly be attainable at T9 endgame.
    Ultimate: 2000 int, 2000 spirit. 60% crit setup. yes, it's not something that will be attainable in the game, but this should give you a pointer on how the trinket in question scale.

Playstyles:
    Conservative: this playstyle cover around equal casting time and not-casting time. This means pretty much one cast every 4 seconds over time, but I'll assume 80% FSR time. Holy priests holding back, conserving mana or simply playing extremely conservative will match this playstyle. Disc priests will never match this playstyle.
    Normal: This priest takes some breaks, but mostly joins the healing fray anyway, throwing proper heals all over. I'll assume a spell being cast every 2.5 seconds. No OOFSR time.
    High Spammer: This guy spams fast instant heals every GCD, and has some haste gear to boot. Expect a spell every 1.2 seconds. I'll assume the priest in question somehow has the mana to do this. No OOFSR time.

Specs:
    The trinkets are either giving flat manaregen, or manaregen indirect through extra stats (int / spirit).
    Discipline priests gets +15% from intellect from Mental Strength.
    Discipline priests gets +6% spirit from Enlightenment.
    Holy priests get +5% spirit from Spirit of Redemption.
    Holy priests get up to +50% spirit from Holy Concentration as far as regen is concerned. No good numbers on uptime available; YMMV.
    Humans get +3% spirit from their racial.
    I will calculate all trinkets as if these bonuses does not exist, but note which stats they scale with, and by how much. You can then add in your own stats as they come along.

Living Ice Crystals

We'll start off with the easiest trinket. The Living Ice trinket yields a pure 54 MP5 and that is all you will get, regardless of gear, specc and playstyle. The OnUse heal is not affected by spellpower, so it's not really that good for a healer, but it might come in handy in PVP situations. All in all, this is not really a priest trinket at all; but it's a benchmark for other trinkets, if any other trinket ever gets worse than this one it's not even worth considering as you pick this one instead.

Worth 54 MP5

Soul of the Dead

The trinket has a crit proc ability returning you a flat 900 mana, regardless of spec, and this number has not been increased in 3.2. It's got a 25% procchance, and a 45 second internal cooldown. At best case scenario, you will get a proc every 45 second, which is equivalent to 100 MP5. But in practice, it will be significantly less, depending on your cast frequency and crit chance.

The trinket also gives 2% crit, which is sweet. I won't count that into the table below, but you can probably add some 1-3 MP5 to the values below if you wish, in addition to the gains this will give you through Holy Concentration if you're holy.

To find the average time between procs, you simply add the average time you need to get 4 critical hits to the base 45 seconds.

-Conservative Normal High Spammer
    Low-end gear:415370
    Medium-end gear:506176
    High-end gear:566781
    Ultimate gear:637385

Conclusion is that unless you're very badly geared, this trinket is always better than the benchmark.
    Still, it is extremely reliant on how much you spam and your crit rate and you need both those numbers high to make this trinket truly good. Still, the 2% critrate may easily outshine the shortcomings in the regen department, so this is a very solid pick regardless.

Worth 41-85 MP5

Je'Tze's Bell

The trinket has a proc ability returning you a flat 375 mana over 15 seconds, regardless of spec, and it was improved in 3.2. But unlike the Soul of the Dead, this trinket can proc chance on any spellcast, not just critical hits. It's got a 10% procchance, and a 45 second internal cooldown. Apart form the lower reliance on crit, it it will yield less regen than the previous trinket by far. At best case scenario, you will get a proc every 45 second, which is equivalent to 41 MP5. But in practice, it will be significantly less, depending on your cast frequency.

As such, it's worse than the benchmark, and it's not really won't bother doing any serious calculations on it. But since some priests may still want to pick this for the given spellpower which is admittedly pretty decent, here's the table.

That said, while the regen is very subpar, the additional spellpower is superb. The trinket is also very easy to get your hands on as it is BoE.

Any gear:212632

Worth 21-32 MP5

In 3.2, this effectively has a 2% proc chance to double your regen for 15 seconds assuming you are inside the FSR 100% of the time otherwise. No known internal cooldown, but I don't know whether this has been well tested. Wowhead claims there is none so I'll go with that.

For the numbers below, keep in mind that the conservative playstyle has a 80% FSR time, so I should be countering this; but as the conservative playstyle has so few casts per minute anyway that the gains are way too low anyway to even bother lowering it further.

Low-end gear:172756
    Medium-end gear:294797
    High-end gear:3252110
    Ultimate gear:5689186

As you can see, it is a trinket that scales extremely well with gear and the amounts of casts per minute (186 MP5 on high-spamming ultimate gear?!), but the spirit nerf and meditation increase in 3.1 has significantly weakened the trinket to the point where most other trinkets are outperforming it on casual and normal playstyles. Discipline priests with high amount of spirit may still find it good. If you have it already, I would suggest holding on to it as it may turn out to be the best in the game later, but currently it is not.

A hidden side effect of the trinket is that it will of course also increase gains from your second trinket should this be a spirit boosting trinket (like the lurker trinket in TBC or its equivalent from naxx). The synergy between these two trinkets is what makes this trinket awesome, but it's no longer two tiers above everything else.

The trinket is not really scaling with spec bonuses, as it is not giving any bonuses on its own, only multiplying the values you already have on your character sheet (where spec bonuses are already included). The exception is Holy Concentration, which need to be calculated in.

Worth 17-186 MP5
    Holypriests can add up to +50% on this value (26-279 MP5)

The trinket comes in both intellect and spirit versions giving a flat +90 stat boost. For raiding, the intellect version is superior, hands down as int > spirit for regen by all specs. For solo play, the spirit version may be marginally better, but I guess we're all talking about raiding here.

Regardless of your trinket version, there are two possible procs on the trinket depending on your highest stat. There is an internal cooldown of 45 seconds, but the proc chance is 100%. Which means the proc buff will be up 1/3rd of the time. Averaging out the proc, this also increase your highest regen stat by +100.

Assuming int is your highest stat:
    The trinket proc is pretty much equal to having +100 int, but without a stable increase in you mana pool.
    If you have replenishment, you will get exactly 18.75 MP5 extra to play with, but this number need to be scaled with your spec int modifiers. Also, the proc is worth 0.6% crit.

The intellect version doesn't sound that great, but if you use your active regenerative abilities like the shadowfiend while the proc is up, they will yield an additional 15-25% effect, which is absolutely excellent. Unfortunately, this is hard to measure, but you might still prefer this effect. It's techically better for the same reason that int > spirit for manaregen these days.

Assuming spirit is your highest stat:
    The trinket is pretty much equal to having +100 spirit, but in bursts. If you can time OOFSR breaks to when the buff is up, this trinket will be a good friend! I personally think that the spirit proc is the better of the two, but that's a playstyle choice. This proc alone is worth values in the range 50-82 MP5 depending on gear and playstyle, before spec multipliers are multiplied in.

- FSR Spirit-based regen increase from a trinket with +90 spi / spi high
    Low-end gear:47
    Medium-end gear:57
    High-end gear:59
    Ultimate gear:71

I would like doing calculations on the intellect versions of the trinket as well, however this is unfortunately rather hard as there are too many variables. But no matter how much you tweak the numbers, intellect-based regen isn't that far off from spirit-based regen. Marginally better, yes, but not by more than ~10-15% based on spec. You can basically assume that the intellect versions is in the same range. So assume the following assumption to not be way far off. If anyone has a decent calculation on this trinket, let me know!

Either way, greatness is a great trinket, with the proper exploitation it'll be up to twice as good as the numbers listed. How good you can exploit the procs is all which really matters when deciding whether this trinket is for you.

Worth 47-71 MP5 for spirit users, potentially up to twice that.
    Multiply in all your spirit bonuses

or

Worth 55-82 MP5 for int users, potentially up to twice that.
    Multiply in all your int bonuses

Majestic Dragon Figurine

Ideally, this trinket is worth a +180 spirit boost. In practice, it will be slightly less, but +180 spirit is still a good estimate. To make matters worse though, this trinket encourage heavy spamming. And unless you are exceptionally geared, priests don't really work particularly well with heavy spamming. That's a philosophical remark though; so i'll disregard that for now.

Low-end gear:999090
    Medium-end gear:119108108
    High-end gear:123112112
    Ultimate gear:148134134

I'm not sure the conservative playstyle is really that possible with this trinket, but apart from the problems leaving the FSR for prolonged periods, the trinket is really nice overall. The trinket is giving pure spirit bonuses, which means all spirit spec multipliers apply, making this a really nice pick for any holypriest in need of regen.

Worth 90-148 MP5
    Multiply by all spirit bonuses given by your specc

2 minute cooldown, +336 spirit, 20 sec duration. Effectively, this trinket is worth an average of 140 spirit.

-Conservative Normal High Spammer 100% OOFSR
    Low-end gear:777070140
    Medium-end gear:938484168
    High-end gear:968888176
    Ultimate gear:115105105210

The calculations doesn't really give this trinket justice. Because it is best used when you are certain of an OOFSR pause or when you have holy concentration up, which means you should probably look at the last column only, or at least most of the time. However, to get the most our of this trinket you will have to stop casting or rely on a hoy concentration buff, somewhat lessening this trinkets effectiveness.

The trinket does not share cooldown with its TBC counterpart, making totally awesome spirit regen possible. Next raid, get 2 druids to innervate you and pop both trinkets. Then take a screenshot and put it in your sig :P

Worth 70-115 MP5, potentially double that
    Apply your spirit multipliers given by your spec

Figurine - Sapphire Owl

This is a jewelcrafting only trinket. And it rocks, despite being a blue item. It has not been updated on the PTR
    The on-use effect returns 2340 mana every 5 minutes. Which equals 39 MP5.
    It also comes with 42 intellect which over a raid fight is probably worth another 20 MP5. And it has two blue sockets which can easily be filled with int/spirit gems (15 Mp5), plus a 2 Mp5 socket bonus.

Worth 76 MP5
    Multiply by 50% of your intellect modifiers

Pandora's Plea

I'm having some trouble getting a good universal metric for measuring how much MP5 you get from int, as it is extremely reliant on your regen cooldown usage. At best, I think you can get up to 0.5 MP5 per point of intellect by simply using all your cooldowns. In practice, I don't think you'll hit more than 0.4 MP5 - if even that. But that's still pretty good.

Either way, the answer is somewhere in that range. Assuming a conversion value of 0.4; 108 MP5 is worth about 43 MP5. Which is pretty much worse than the benchmark trinket even if you calculate in spec bonuses. The major difference is the pretty good secondary effect.

The trinket proc effect has a 10% proc rate, and I assume a 45 second internal cooldown. It also seems to have a typo; it only yields 751 spellpower according to its buff. Either the trinket or the buff is mistaken. Frankly, I think this secondary effect kinda rocks, at least it will for a discipline priest. Holy priests will likely get less out of this one.

It's going to be a nice trinket for discipline priests. If you can wrestle it from your paladins that is. Face it, this is primarily a paladin trinket.

Worth somewhere around 43 MP5
    Multiply your specc intellect modifiers

Spark of Hope

This trinket is effing awesome for all healers.

100 spirit is very nice in itself. Refer to table for your gain from the spirit alone.

Low-end gear:504242
    Medium-end gear:605050
    High-end gear:625252
    Ultimate gear:746262

In addition, you get the absolutely amazing -42 mana per spellcast effect. This one is major.
    For a gheal, this means a 4% manacost reduction.
    For a flash heal, this means a 6.8% manacost reduction (glyphed).
    For a Prayer of Healing, this is an almost negligible reduction

Assuming a varied usage of spells, you get around a 5% manacost reduction as a priest. But for measuring this, I'll simply go with the styles listed in the top of this post, and assume that every cast gives a flat 42 mana return. Remember; conservative playstyle cast a spell very 4 seconds, normal eveyr 2.5 seconds, hight spammer every 1.2 seconds. Interpolate your casts per seconds as you see fit. In practice, this is not completely correct as the cost reduction is also lessened by effects lowering ability costs, but heck - I care not.

Casts per minute:152450
    Net gains per minute:63010082100
    Net gains per 5 sec:5384175

As you can see, the more spells you cast, the more this returns you. Our hypotetical high spammer gains 175 MP5 from this trinket. For a holy paladin spamming holy light every 0.9 second, this trinket is probably worth murdering for (assuming they have mana troubles in 3.1). For us priests, it's not far away from that, despite us not spamming a lot.

Worth somewhere around 103-237 MP5, making it one of the best trinkets for regen in the game.
    Multiply the spirit part of this with your spirit specc bonuses.

Sif's Remembrance

The proc effect has a 10% proc chance, 45 seconds internal cooldown. We're starting to see a lot of these!
    Basically, every proc is worth 585 mana. Best case scenario, this procs every 45 seconds, meaning this trinket is worth at best 65 MP5.

Note that this trinket was only increased by 20% efficiency, while other MP5 based trinkets got upped by 25%.

Still, at a 10% proc chance on spellcast, you will proc this one way less often than every 45 second. On average, you will need to cast 10 spells to proc this one. The only thing that matters is how often you cast a spell, so let's add the table based on this to get a proper number.

Average time to proc:40+45 25+4512+45
    Net gains per 5 sec:304050

The trinket is as such worse than the benchmark, but it's got a good redeeming factor. It's very high spellpower. If you want a good balanced trinket giving both regen and spellpower, this is a decent choice.

Worth somewhere around 30-50 MP5, but not modified by any modifiers

Show of Faith

This trinket has a 10% chance of proccing, 45 seconds internal cooldown, and triggers on spellcasts.

Basically, this one offers 23.5% more regen than Sif's rememberance, and can rightfully be labelled "sif's rememberance on stereoids.

Net gains per 5 sec:375062

It's not a bad trinket, but far from best-in-slot in terms of manaregen. Like the previous one, if you want a good balance between regen and spellpower, this trinket is a very solid choice, and better than the previous one in every aspect.

Worth somewhere around 37-62 MP5, but not modified by any modifiers

Meteorite Crystal

This trinket onuse ability is very very different. It's onuse ability has a 2 minute cooldown, but every spell cast within 20 seconds will cause you to gain a stacking debuff. I haven't tried it, but I will assume that increasing the stack will not reset the timer. If it does, I will need to re-do this entry completely.

Assuming you are really really spamming and has some haste, you could probably fit in almost 14-15 casts in that timeframe, probably more than 20 if you are a paladin HL spammer. Which means this trinket gives you.. well.. on average 7-10 stacks in the 20 second window. Let's assume 7 stacks, that means a temporary 420 MP5 manaregen. Which is up 20/120 = 1/6th of the time.

As such, this trinket should be worth about 70 MP5 from the oncast effect alone. It also gives you 111 int, which if we go by the 0.4 MP5 / int benchmark is worth around 44 more MP5, modifiable by your intellect modifiers.

On a personal note, i kinda like this trinket, it's a good alternative to the other onuse trinkets out there, but it has a certain feel of being high-maintenance for using it. Also, if heavy spamming is not required, you won't squeeze in that many heals in 10 seconds, lessening the output of this trinket accordingly. But 111 int is good, no matter how you twist it. Now, all that remains is to kill algalon...

Worth somewhere around 114 MP5, 44 of which should be modified by your intellect modifiers.

Binding Stone / Binding Light - Normal version

This trinket is new in 3.2 and drops from Trial of the Cursader, 10 man normal.

Binding Stone is the Horde version, Binding Light is the alliance version, but these are otherwise identical.
    Both trinkets come in a heroic and non-heroic version. This is the normal version trinket.

The trinket offers 57 MP5 and a special effect. Once you press the OnUse effect, your spells will give you +66 spellpower, stacking up to 8 times. Only lasts 20 seconds though. You should be able to wind it up in 10 seconds or so, giving you 10 seconds worth of +528 spellpower, and 10 seconds worth of less-than-that. Still, that's pretty neat. The only real downside is that you can't press this and get an on-demand powerful boost to your healing done.

But as far as regen goes, this trinket offers a flat 57 MP5.

Worth 57 MP5, no modifiers apply.

Binding Stone / Binding Light - Heroic version

This trinket is new in 3.2 and drops from Trial of the Crusader, 10-man heroic.

Binding Stone is the Horde version, Binding Light is the alliance version, but these are otherwise identical.
    Both trinkets come in a heroic and non-heroic version. This is the heroic version trinket.

The trinket is identical to the normal version, but with some better numbers. As far as regen is concerned, this trinket is offering 63MP5, which is pretty darned great.

Worth 63 MP5, no modifiers apply.

Solace of the Defeated / Solace of the Fallen - normal version

This trinket is new in 3.2 and drops from Trial of the Crusader, 25-man normal.

Solace of the Fallen is the Horde version, Solace of the Defeated is the alliance version, but these are otherwise identical.
    Both trinkets come in a heroic and non-heroic version. This is the normal version trinket.

A 150 spellpower boost is always welcome, but in this thread we focus on the manaregen properties of the trinkets. So, this trinket works like the Majestic Dragon Figurine, only you stack MP5 instead of spirit. At 8 stacks, this trinket is worth 128 MP5, and as long as you can keep that buff up, this trinket is arguably one of the best trinkets in the game for manaregen. Add the 150 spellpower to the equation, and you cannot really go wrong if you pick this one here.

Worth 128 MP5, no modifiers apply.

Solace of the Defeated / Solace of the Fallen - heroic version

This trinket is new in 3.2 and drops from Trial of the Crusader, 25-man heroic.

Solace of the Fallen is the Horde version, Solace of the Defeated is the alliance version, but these are otherwise identical.
    Both trinkets come in a heroic and non-heroic version. This is the heroic version trinket.

This trinket is 12.5% better than the normal version, and at a full stack it offers 144 MP5 which is dangerously close to what offered by the trinkets specializing on manaregen only, but offering a nifty 168 spellpower to boot! I would take this trinket any day of the month personally.

Worth 144 MP5, no modifiers apply.

Tears of the Vanquished

This trinket drops from Trial of the Champion, normal mode. It is both easy to get your hands on, and very very nice if you need regen.

The trinket offers a dual boon to manaregen. First, it offers 84 intellect, which scales with your spec modifiers. Unfortunately, I do not have any good conversion scale for intellect, so I'll do with this like I did with Pandora's Plea and Darkmoon Card: Greatness - I'll simply assume 1 int = 0.45 MP5, multiplied by your specc bonuses. This is a low end estimate - the high end estimate is 0.5 MP5 per point of intellect. Which estimate to use largely depend on your gear level.

Assuming the 0.45 MP5 per int estimate, the intellect is worth 38 MP5 multiplied by your specc bonuses. Discpriests will thus get some 43 MP5 out of this baby - at a low estimate. Everyone also get 0.5% crit through the intellect, which is actually notable for holypriests (through Holy Concentration) and discpriests alike. I won't calculate in this though!

Asdsuming 0.5 MP5 per int, the intellect is worth around 42 MP5 multiplied by your specc bonuses.

In addition to that, the trinket offers a proc chance to get 500 mana back on spellcasts. According to wowhead, this proc chance is at 25% at NO COOLDOWN!!?

Actually, I'm having a hard time believing that, because getting 500 mana per spellcast 25% of the time makes this trinket significantly better than the paladin-talent Illumination, Pandora's Plea and Spark of Hope combined. So I'll go with the tried and true 45 sec cooldown on this baby - if the trinket isn't using this cooldown already, it will do so very soon.

At best case, the manareturn is then proccing like clockwork every 45 seocnds, which means it's worth 55 MP5. Depending on your cast frequency, it will be a bit worse however. Refer to the table below:

Average time to proc:16+45 10+454.8+45
    Net gains per 5 sec:414550

Worth 41-50 MP5 with no modifiers, plus 38-42 MP5 modified by your intellect bonuses, making this a very powerful choice for fresh priests in need of regen.

Ephemeral Snowflake

Patch 3.3 marks a historic event; as the patch that released the ultimate trinket for healers. 11 mana returned per heal done. Taste the glory of that fact for a second. That is 11 mana per renew tick, per glyph of prayer of healing tick, per CoH target healed, per lightwell tick, per jump with the ProM, per hit with penance, per target affected by holy light splash (if you are a paladin) - or per person healed with VT. Doesn't matter if you overheal. A healer will hit a tremendous amount of targets during a single raid, and this trinket will be there, all the steps on your way, filling up your manapool.

So how good is this trinket anyway? Let's consider the holypriest.
    Assuming you over a 7 second period of time use ProM once (two jumps), CoH once, 1x Renew and 1x Glyphed PoH, that means you will have 2+6+5+(5*4)=33 healing hits in a 7 second window. at 11 mana per hit, that means you regain 363 mana in 7 second; or just about 260 MP5. If you go all out and spam a PoH every 2 seconds (assuming massive haste), you will get more than 500 MP5 from this trinket alone. It's just that amazing.

The secondary effect of this trinket is pretty awesome for a holypriest. I'm not really sure the trinket in general is that great for a discpriest though; it's not like discpriests want mana anyway these days. But the holypriest in me have already reserved one of these with the higher karmic powers, irregardless of the cost. I want one badly. And when do I get one, I will squee like a teenage girl in a boyband concert, for the next half week. It will be glorious!

It's a bit hard to say how well this trinket scales with cast frequency though. If you don't cast spells all the time (which is not really feasible while raiding, but still is in heroics), you will naturally hit less targets. I can still confidently say that this trinket will be worth aroudn 150 MP5 for any healer not even trying to spam.

There is no heroic version of this trinket; Itemlevel 232 means it drops from one of the 5-man dungeons.

Since this trinket added the unforeseen consequence of giving druids infinite mana (uh... they already have that), blizzard hotnerfed this trinket to hell. It can now only proc once every 0.4 seconds. That means it in the best possible use-case will give you 137.5 MP5 (11 mana by proccing every 0.4 second). Which sounds nice, but... unless you are a druid, you will be locked by the GCD. That means you at best will be proccing this trinket every 1.2 seconds or so.

At a 1.2 second proc rate, this trinket is worth 45 MP5. Living Ice Crystals, the first trinket I reviewed, is worth more than that, and as such, this trinket is a big step backwards, and clearly severely underbudgeted compared to its itemlevel.

There is a way you can get more out of this trinket. If you are able to set up a "factory" of renews, proccing every 0.4 seconds, you can posisbly make the most out of this trinket. But, that won't work well in real life. As such I cannot condone this trinket. It's worse than the initial benchmark trinket, and thus fails.

Not worth the inventory space!

Sliver of Pure Light (Normal)

This trinket is new in 3.3, and drops in ICC10, Normalmode, from Lord Marrowgar.

A 1625 mana every 2 minutes means 67 MP5. The passive spellpower boost on this trinket is not half bad, but considering the rest of the trinket, it's not really that great either. Because as a source of mana, it is very lacking compared to almost all other trinkets in this thread. And that's really all I can say about it: this trinket feels weak and more like an ilvl 219 trinket instead of a ilvl 251 trinket. As Glowyrm pointed out, if the cooldown was 1 minute instead of two, this trinket would've been pretty neat.

Update: Which leads the question... according to datamining, this trinket is actually on a 1 minute cooldown; and the tooltip text is wrong. I cannot verify that, as I am unable to locate anyone with this trinket. Assuming it is a 1 minute cooldown, the effect is doubled.
    Update 2: Nope, it's 2 minutes.

Assuming you use it on every cooldown, this trinket is worth 67 MP5

This trinket is new in 3.3, and drops in ICC10 HC, from Lord Marrowgar.

Numbers are upgraded from the normal version of the trinket, but the biggest change (and I missed that) is that the cooldown on the on-use ability is now 1 minute instead of 2.

1830 mana every minute is quite amazing. That means 152.5 MP5, which instantly bumps this trinket right up there with the best of them. In fact, only the Spark of Hope is a better choice for manaregen, and even that is not guaranteed.

Add to the package that this trinket offers a very nifty 178 spellpower pretty much marks it as the ultimate healer trinket. Its only downside is that it doesn't really scale with anything. But at these stats, I can live with that!

Cooldown confirmed to be 2 minutes. As such, it's not really that great anymore. If you use it at every possible cooldown, its worth 76.25 MP5. 178 spellpower isn't half bad, but that's about it as far as this trinket is valued. Keep your solaces. I would actually go for the purified lunar dust over this bauble here. At least you don't have to manually trigger the purified lunar dust.

Assuming you use it on every cooldown, this trinket is worth 76.25 MP5

Purified Lunar Dust

This trinket is new in 3.3 and drops from ICC25. Bought from vendors.

This trinket was upgraded from 153 to 179 spellpower in a recent hotfix. That greatly lowered the feeling of it being underbudgeted. Still, as far as regen effect goes, this trinket is not really awe-inspirit. Not bad, just... plain.

The regen effect has a 45 sec internal timer and a 10% proc chance. This makes it directly comparable to Sif's Rememberance; exactly 1.57x as good. The gains table is as follows.

Net gains per 5 sec:476278

And that's it really. Compared to the previous trinket I just reviewed, the Sliver of Pure Light, this trinket offers slightly more spellpower and... on average, slightly less regen. On this comparison I am forced to conclude that this is not really a great trinket, at least severely underbudgeted. Let's see if blizzard re-itemize it before 3.3 is released.

The trinket is worth 47-78 MP5 depending on playstyle.

Bauble of True Blood - normal version

This trinket is new in 3.3 and drops from the blood queen, ICC25 normalmode.

The heal effect, like all trinket heals, are not affected by spellpower or talents - except for Spiritual Healing for some reason. Still, an instant ~8k instant heal is pretty much identical to what Desperate Prayer is offering; but at the extra benefit of being castable on anyone. For the same reasons DP is awesome, so should this trinket be. In the hands of a quick-thinking healer, I expect this to save almost as many lives as a GS, and more considering how often GS bugs out on me.

As far as regen is concerned, this is worth a flat 76 MP5. That's not quite on par with the solace, but I'd still take this over the purified lunar dust. Then again, downing the blood queen is slightly harder than visiting the badge vendor.

The trinket is worth 76 MP5

Bauble of True Blood - heroic version

This trinket is new in 3.3 and drops from the blood queen, ICC25 heroicmode.

The regen had a slight upgrade from the normalmode version, 86 MP5 is pretty decent. The heal however, has not seen an upgrade and is the same as the normalmode version. I'm not sure that is intentional or not.

The trinket is worth 86 MP5
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.1 Comparison of all regen trinkets for Healing Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Sorry Venara, but I'm going to start a new trinket thread despite multiple being available; makes it easier to find it later. Also - a question; do regular users on this forum have the ability to make item links like on the front page?
    That's okay, i like it.

It is possible to do item links on the forums but they are somewhat broken (transparent background). Technically they shouldn't be working anymore :>
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

15+ Year Old Account

I stickied this so we can get some very good and useful stickies for the priest forum.

When i look at the rogue forum i'm a little jealous, they have very nice stickies :<

I currently use the "World Spirit Glass" and the "Darkmoon Card: Greatness" (Intel version/Spirit high).&#160; I really like the combination of the two.&#160; I've tried a few other trinkets and recently picked up a "Soul of the Dead" to play with, but not veryhappy with it.&#160; I really like the combination of those first two.
    When greatness procs and I'm down by 25% or more on mana I hit my WSG trinket and Inner focus and typically that gives me a very good chance of topping me off.&#160; When really low on mana, poping WSG and then mana fiend with the chance of greatness being up typically can give me up to 3/4 of a mana bar or more depending on other factors.&#160;

Wont be as strong in 3.1, but with the chance of having all that extra spirit floating around when Holy Concentration procs. That will help out a bit.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Nice work here. Not being a competent theory crafter myself, I certainly appreciate your efforts in putting this together.

Given that all discipline priests enjoy a 15% boost of intellect (*cringes awaiting replies from disc priests saying they don't opt for that talent*), how much would that boost the effective MP5 values of those trinkets to which that is relevant? I'm particularly curious about Darkmoon Card: Greatness.

As disc I've never not had mana issues even without replenishment since first entering Naxx, but it looks like Blizzard's putting teeth behind their warnings that the holiday is over in terms of ever-flowing mana for all...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

I think I've forgotten to add both the +15% discipline intellect bonus, the +6% discipline spirit bonus, the +10% holy spirit bonus and the +5% human spirit bonus to the numbers above. This is going to require some heavy recalculations. Give me a few hours
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I think humans were nerfed to 3% more spirit, and SoR is 5%.

Edited in the bonuses; removed the disclaimer in the top, and kind of admitted defeat properly calculating the int-based regen trinkets properly. There is just too many parameters to list in a good, meaningful table.

Don't underestimate Soul of the Dead. Just to toss out some numbers:

Assuming you only get a proc once a minute, 900 mana per 60 seconds yields 75 mp5. I think it would be reasonable to get several crit off able to proc this mana within the span of 2 CoH and other casts between, personally I'm between 30-35% holy crit raid buffed depending on which pieces i am mix/matching for the day, 6 targets on CoH, one is almost guaranteed to crit. At best case scenario this trinket would yield 100 mp5.

Plus you get the useful 95 crit which would lend itself towards the new regen model provided by flash / binding crits.

In summary:
    up to 100 mp5 (best possible scenario) but often 60-80 mp5 (based on crit chance)
    2.07% crit rating = more potential for holy concentration procs in 3.1

Getting 100 MP5 from Soul of the Dead is wishful thinking I'm afraid. In order to get that you need to be able to proc the trinket the very moment the 45 second cooldown is up. But even if you could time your casts to perfectly land a clusterbomb of critical heals; the trinket only have a 25% chance to proc on any critical heal.

Let's do a thought experiment here. Assume you have 100% crit rate. Highly unlikely to ever happen, but for the sake of the argument, assume you do.
    Landing a 6-target circle of healing "6 x guaranteed critbomb" at the very split second when the trinket cooldown is up seems like the best way of proccing the trinket. But even this will only give you a 82.2% chance of actually proccing the trinket. You can time a 5 target Prayer of Healing rapidly followed by a 6 target Circle of Healing which will enable you to hit 11 targets in an extremely small timeframe; assuming all of those heals are guaranteed crits, you will still have a 4.2% chance of not proccing the trinket.

You can argue that this is within acceptable limits, but the mana and effort blown on trying to proc this trinket with no downtime beyond the internal cooldown is starting to get ridiculous.

That said, it is true that regular use of multi-target spells like circle of healing will decrease the time-to-proc significantly; the model assumed the priest in question spamming flash heal. As that is not true, real use of this trinket is probably closer to the 80 MP5 mark than the 60 MP5 mark for regular use. But I'm still highly doubting that you will ever pass 80 MP5 over the course of a boss fight. YMMV.

Hmm, the expected number of casts to proc Soul of the Dead with a critchance of p should be 1/(p*0.25). With 35% crit that's 11.43 spells which happens during the second CoH after the cooldown is up. This means that with perfect timing (CoH, FH, FH, FH, CoH) you have a solid 74.68% chance to have procced it within 51 seconds after the last proc (not counting that SoL procs can't crit). With timing like that you could expect to squeeze 105 mp5 out of it, but also consider that such a burst of spam-healing at the 45 seconds mark might just be a total waste - it's not exactly a gain if those CoHs just overheal (and I didn't even consider the PoH -> CoH case which would often proc the thing instantly but be unlikely to be needed at the right time).

In conclusion, if you know that you will spam multi-target spells a lot in a certain fight it's certainly a much better trinket there than on Patchwerk, but in the general case Danner's predictions are probably pretty accurate.

Hi

I'm not sure if this belongs with all these seeing that it is a green quest reward from dragonblight.
    But it's quite a nice trinket:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38071

Gives a stead 16MP5
    Has a proc chance to give 222 spirit. I haven't tested it but the proc rate seems to be quite high as I noticed from experience.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxiation
    Hi

I'm not sure if this belongs with all these seeing that it is a green quest reward from dragonblight.
    But it's quite a nice trinket:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38071

Gives a stead 16MP5
    Has a proc chance to give 222 spirit. I haven't tested it but the proc rate seems to be quite high as I noticed from experience.
    This one actually procs from healing spells. I always assumed "chance on spellhit" is related to damaging spells only. It's crappy anway. There are a lot better trinkets out there that are easy to obtain.

For endurance fights--which usually equals well timed heals over raw power-- I use Spirit World Glass & Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon. Using SWG during a DC:BD proc is just too sexy for long term regen. For dps race fights (-i.e Patchwerk) I'll use the Egg of Mortal Essence & Forethought Talisman for maximum throughput.

As a side note, having played a holy priest since game launch, I tend to the "Conservative" play style. It seems, however, that this will no longer be as efficient as it use to be and I find myself trending towards "Normal"; so much so that I may make disco my main spec in 3.1. Checking WWS over a month on my more "Normal" fights, I tend to see anywhere from 1-3 DC:BD procs... however, with the Spirit nerf, I see Soul of the Dead outperforming my favorite trinket every time from a theroy crafting perspective. Does anyone else agree with this or should I let more "spammy" classes pick this up before me?

15+ Year Old Account

As discipline, I am thoroughly in love with my Soul of the Dead, I make sure to penance every ~50 seconds and almost like clockwork 2 of the penance ticks will crit and I actually gain mana from the spell. With rapture's current function (pre3.1), if penance doesn't overheal at all I almost GAIN 1.5x what the spell costs with a soul proc.

That combined with the loads of passive crit, and this trinket screams current BiS for disc imo.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj
    As discipline, I am thoroughly in love with my Soul of the Dead, I make sure to penance every ~50 seconds and almost like clockwork 2 of the penance ticks will crit and I actually gain mana from the spell. With rapture's current function (pre3.1), if penance doesn't overheal at all I almost GAIN 1.5x what the spell costs with a soul proc.

That combined with the loads of passive crit, and this trinket screams current BiS for disc imo.
    IMO best in slot for Disc is the Darkmoon card: Greatness, int version.
    it gives passive crit, tons of regen and mana.

greenmasheen

as holy i am currently using the spirit trinket from 10 gothik, and the egg of mortal essence.

i am sure i can get greatness and it will be better, but i am not sure which to shoot for.

The intel version is better for either Disc or Holy.&#160; 90 mana gives around 1500+ mana giving you more from replenishment. If your holy your spirit should still be higher than your intel, making it proc Spirit which boosts our mana regen and spell power.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Right now i run with forethought/SotD trinkets. The thoroughput you get from the forethought talisman is amazing and the regen you get from SotD compares to none imo =p check your mana regen through a fight and you will see that it procs consistently and is really worth 90mp5 or so, not all the time but most of the time.

I debated gettin the greatness card (intel version) since spirit is not quite as strong. Even with the upcoming change to hymn it might be nice, but in ulduar i will stick with what i got and use the spirit world glass in place of the talisman when i'm runnin oom to fast.

i currently run with the crappy egg of mortal essence and the spirit world glass..

I currently have a SotD sitting in my bags though.. I feel like the extra crit + the proc mana regen.. take in consideration the change to holy concentration.

also anyone know if the holy concentration proc has an internal CD, if so how long?