Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Still nothing for Engineers, AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Healmasta69
    lol the other professions get more things to benefit them in pvp/pve as engineers get what the helm thats 72 not even lvl 80, and trinkets oh noes bro a lightning trinket that does some odd 2700-3400 dmg yet it says on it[made of all metal] so you can get shocked right back yea thats a nice trinket, one that has a chance to kill you? and few other things, like what the rocket boots which were 5 sec now nerfed to 2 secs weeeeeeeeeeeee.....
    Stop crying and pick a real profession if you want good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by arbuzno
    Engineers always whine, other proffesions (like inscription, tailoring), which are even more useless, remain silent. Why? Why so whiny?
    Probably because they are kids who wanted a profession to make toys but it sucks so they QQ instead of leveling a new one.

just make Engineering blueprint drop from Ulduar that has better upgraded goggles and make the ItemLvL on those goggles a lil bit higher than other head that drops. that will make it worthwhile + we would get the extra stats the other proffesions are getting from BoP gems, extra sockets, ring enchants, etc.

currently there is nothing that even comes close to thease things for engineers and one of the big reasons to go with engineering was for the googles but those aren't even on par with some of the normal drops atm. and the BS BoE helms are better in most cases.

or give us more gloves enchants that would actualy be usefull. since explosives and stuff like that has a big part in engineering give us something like a flamethrower enchant on gloves that has a chance to procc on melee hit that gives the target a dot that deals x dmg over y seconds on the target, and caster could have like a mortar or something with similiar efect. would ofc be an internal CD on it but only for the durration of the dot or a lil longer.

just something that makes it worthwhile. there isn't even any money making in engineering anymore except for the guns and scopes but the proffit from those are minimal thease days.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Deleted

tell me what profesion is better in pvp? Just look at all the priests with high rating in 2v2, atleast 80% of them have engieenering. And if you wanna have a good profession in pve I would say it wouldnt be more than fair that you have to sacrifice your mounts/pets and other things.

Give you that 64+ap or 50 stamina, but take away your other stuff.

If you want to make some easy money on engineering just pick up a Lifelike Mechanical Toad recipe- with the pet achievement selling one or two for 175g a day aint too shabby.

So... I've got engineering and tailoring on one character... It's depressing.
    Maybe rather than a bunch of sub enchant quality tinkers, make something significant for the belt slot, and have non stat tinkers, like the parachute and the rocket boots, stack with enchants rather than adding fantastically mediocre stats to them.

And as to whether tailors save money leg enchants, considering the alternative is to not level tailoring, and just sell the cloth, I'd say that's the cost efficient option.
    Oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Warthor
    my DK is engineering, my lock is tailor

engineering makes me gold and some fun stuff, tailoring gives me cheaper pants enchants, thinking in dropping tailoring on the lock for jc maybe
    wait why did you pst here ?

I like engineering.

First of all, might I remind everyone that this is the first phase of testing and the real goal of the PTR now is to test the bosses?

Secondly, tailoring isn't going to be useless anymore. Lightweave is becoming something that is equal to nearly 60 spell power, which will make tailoring have the benifit that it needed. It's now 250 spell power over 15 seconds with a 45 second internal cooldown.

Last of all, look at the Halls of Invention and The Spark of Imagination in Ulduar. Do you think an engineer could walk into there and not learn anything from it at all? Ulduar is an instance full of titan technology, and maybe an engineer could stumble upon a blueprint for a titan machine. Keep thinking about this. If engineering does not gain anything at all worth a damn from Ulduar, then it's a blatent sign that engineering is dead, and therefore redo your profession into one that actually would benifit you.
    Rule# 1: Do not turn a creature of lesser intelligence into a creature of higher intelligence - Cerebral brain function rarely translates in a polymorph... But sometimes it does. Voracious creatures such as serpents and wolves need not have their predatory instincts honed with a human mind. We feel obligated to quote Small Claims Disaster Case 12651-B, Labeled, "Bartholomew: The Bear who Bears Arms."
    -Polymorphic Rules and Regulations.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Which STILL makes them utterly useless.

No raider in his right mind would replace 22 Agi with flexweave.
    Or Icewalker with Rocket boots..

Seriously.. the thing we're looking for here, is "32" bonus stats above regular enchants like "every other profession" other than tailoring and engineering already have gotten.
    I'll happily trade icewalker back for my rocket boots? Why? Cause I don't neet the +hit from the enchant anyway, I only take it for the crit. With Nitro boosts giving the crit I can freely boost around in bossfights and still crit more.

Also, I really think about changing 23 haste on cloak for 11 spellpower, although the jury is still out on that one, at least for shadowpriests spellpower usually is much more valuable than haste (to a certain extent).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by arbuzno
    other proffesions (like inscription, tailoring), which are even more useless
    u kidn me

Tailoring has the new Lightweave Embroidery, which works out to 83 spell power averaged over its internal cooldown, which blows away any other cloak enchant for DPS casters.
    Inscription has the best shoulder enchants in the game, plus they don't have to grind Sons of Hodir rep.

Engineering has NOTHING unless you're a PVPtard (in which case your opinion isn't valid anyways).
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    u kidn me

Tailoring has the new Lightweave Embroidery, which works out to 83 spell power averaged over its internal cooldown, which blows away any other cloak enchant for DPS casters.
    Inscription has the best shoulder enchants in the game, plus they don't have to grind Sons of Hodir rep.

Engineering has NOTHING unless you're a PVPtard (in which case your opinion isn't valid anyways).
    If the tailoring cloak enchant goes live as it is now on PTR I'll bite my own ass. More likely to be nerfed to a 100-150 spellpower proc.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

flashlight is good i guess HAHA, you think that engineers would get more out of any of the other professions considering in RL engineers make half the worlds shit...wow i give props on blizz, connect those tiny brains of yours and do some work imo
    b.c RL=WOW? and they're obviously doing their shit well if 12mil+ play their game. :-*
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones
    The stat bonuses that every other profession, except tailoring (although i heard the new version of the caster cloak enchant (or entirely new?) is pretty nice) got. And saying engineering shouldn't get those for whatever reason at all is pretty retarded.

only gathering professions get stat modifying's

lol the other professions get more things to benefit them in pvp/pve as engineers get what the helm thats 72 not even lvl 80, and trinkets oh noes bro a lightning trinket that does some odd 2700-3400 dmg yet it says on it[made of all metal] so you can get shocked right back yea thats a nice trinket, one that has a chance to kill you? and few other things, like what the rocket boots which were 5 sec now nerfed to 2 secs weeeeeeeeeeeee.....

the boot enchants is the reason many ppl lvl engineering in pvp

the trinkets are also very nice for pvp and i see alot of tanks with the stamina trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    If the tailoring cloak enchant goes live as it is now on PTR I'll bite my own ass. More likely to be nerfed to a 100-150 spellpower proc.
    More likely it will be 200, not 100-150.

23 Haste Rating (Current best caster cloak enchant) = 23 itemization points
    Desired "crafting perk" bonus = 32 itemization points
    55 itemization points / .86:1 spellpower ratio = 63.95 average spellpower (rounding to 64)
    64 spellpower / 15 second duration * 45 second ICD = 192 SP

200 is the closest round number to that.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

engineers need more fun (but useless) trinkets damnit
    It's just a game.

A

As far as I know jewelcrafting gets better gems (unique ones, but still better stats that the normal ones)
    Blacksmiths get extra sockets.
    Leatherworking gets better wrist enchants.
    Enchanting gets the ring enchants.
    Inscription gets nearly free shoulder enchants.
    Tailoring gets the cloak enchant, that's better than the average enchant.

Mining, skinning and herbalism get their passive stuff.
    I don't know what engineering gets that compares to this.

I have been an engineer for 3 years now and only thing i like about it was the goggles before u got t6 and the flying machine, i hear something about mabye were going to be able to build a plane soon? can anyone confirm that?

Re: A

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    As far as I know jewelcrafting gets better gems (unique ones, but still better stats that the normal ones)
    Blacksmiths get extra sockets.
    Leatherworking gets better wrist enchants.
    Enchanting gets the ring enchants.
    Inscription gets nearly free shoulder enchants.
    Tailoring gets the cloak enchant, that's better than the average enchant.

Mining, skinning and herbalism get their passive stuff.
    I don't know what engineering gets that compares to this.
    Haste on gloves which absolutely sucks compared to passive +AP or agi