Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Still nothing for Engineers, AMAZING!

If you really think Engineering is poor check out Alchemy and stop whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

Quote Originally Posted by mandrus
    this

15+ Year Old Account

If you really think engineering is as GOOD as alchemy check out Mixology. And stop posting useless stuff.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I did.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

As it stands currently, if you want to min/max you go BS/JC. dragon's eyes and 2 extra sockets can't be beat. However if you look at the professions: Inscription, Enchanting, Leatherworking, Alchemy, and Blacksmithing, they all give you 37 or 38 spellpower MORE than if you did not have that profession (this is from a caster PoV). However, Tailoring and Engineering do NOT have this bonus which is what most people are discussing in this thread. Although you have to take into consideration the past and present of Engineering in order to see its future. Engineering has always had that ONE pretty good item that will suit you for a while ie: the hats. But everything else from this profession has been almost strictly for cosmetics or just sillies. The allure of Engineering comes from getting enormous crafters fees from making hogs, or utility such as portable mailboxes and repair bots. It is for this reason mainly that i cannot see blizzard giving engies an exclusive stat boost. If you want to min/max, go BS/JC. If you want silly crap go engineering

We still got goggles on that they are now argubly worse then then BOE BS helmet. Good times! :P

I´m fine with the fact that every professions doesn´t get equal benefits but the question is, why do engineers have to get NOTHING!?
    The easiest way to fix it would obv be to have all the engineering enchants stack with normal enchants, even if it did I don´t think it would make engi as good as for example BS or JC or maybe an engiinering only scope? There are lots of options to atleast get engineering to a reasonable level and not just a fun or twink profession.

Goggles are decent. (living up to that tbc standing? hopefully in 3.1)

Bots are cool and handy (esp. with the handy scrapbot repair recently)....

Mailbox ok... sort of handy (but wtf? why buff it to a rare from an uncommon)

Motorbike mount. okay we're starting to lose it abit

belt enchant that kills robots (wat robots? oh well...). heh he.. no comment there

flash light. you lost me there. (lol... not to mention it was added in a patch as some form of a profession buff)

anyway, i lol at engineering. love it. Hate it. no matter wat, you feel special being that individual out of the crowd of comformists.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Wearing the Gnomish x-ray goggles in Dalaran is the best thing you can do to load Dalaran up faster.

I think the basic idea is that no one forced you to become enginneers and no one is stoping you from changing noe. as a rogue i know that when i see goggles in an arena match i think "oh crap" and when im forced out of melee by rocket boots it can lose me a fight

if they made engineerign any better for pvp it would be broken for pvp, that said i dont really give a crap bout pvp which is why im a JC/LW because when i got 80 and realized that those were the best profesions (other than BS which i really didn't want to do and ap isnt that much worse than 32 agi/epertise) i dropped my current professions and switched to them, I didn't post a message on the forum telling them to make Skinning and Mining better because im not an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconcheese

Bots are cool and handy (esp. with the handy scrapbot repair recently)....
    Don't forget they don't even sell new mats for spells yet lol. Also, I seem to recall (however frivolous the statement is) that "classes wouldn't be held back in PvE if they were good in PvP" and vice versa. Why doesn't this same logic apply to professions?

With what Blizzard says nowadays, ("Don't bring the class, bring the player!," "If you like X profession you should choose it and not feel that you are missing out on stats that other professions give more of or do better," and "Play as the play style (spec) you that you like the most and not feel like you are at a disadvantage because of it" (Sure, I slurred those quotes out fast and loose, but I saw many of them repeatedly during beta) shouldn't engineering be put on par with everything else, in both PvP and PvE? Because right now it sure seems like engineering is being held back in PvE simply because it provides good PvP buffs (which is only what, 2 to 3 of the many tinkers (rocket gloves, haste gloves for casters, and rocket boots)).

Even with the new buffs to some of the tinkers in the ptr, I still wouldn't take agil and a parachute cloak over 22 agi, or 12 crit and rocket boots over 12 crit and 12 hit for PvE. It's not like I'm going to be rocket boosting around during a boss fight...

Uhh have u seen our sweet haste glove enchant. i think its s3xy

Quote Originally Posted by Eigentumar
    Uhh have u seen our sweet haste glove enchant. i think its s3xy
    Oh yeah, that 2.1 more DPS over the +44 AP enchant assuming I use it EXACTLY once a minute is amazing. :

A mount that doesnt take fall damage.
    what else do you need>! ???

Quote Originally Posted by Healmasta69
    You would think engineer's, one of the best makers/discovers would have more stuff to make and to use in PvE and PvP alike. They have a few good things for PvP but like really, where is everything? All this fansy stuff for BS and Enchanting and this and that, WHERE THE HELL IS THE ENGINEERING STUFF?????????????? LOL
    i herd the glove doodads will stack with enchants, but i have no idea if thats true or not.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Don't engineering have the best helms in the game and BOTH of the coolest profession mounts?

Please... other professions should be so lucky!
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    Don't engineering have the best helms in the game and BOTH of the coolest profession mounts?

Please... other professions should be so lucky!
    The new Engineering helms are a far cry from their TBC counterparts. As far as I know, the new goggles are not best in slot for every class, even to the extent that when the Blacksmithing epic helms were changed even those exceeded the plate goggles available. And if you mean both mounts as in normal flying machine and epic flying machine then sure, but I don't think that is what you were referencing. If you were referencing the motorcycle, then your statement is only half true as everyone has access to the motorcycle, but not the flying machine.

Even so, tailoring has a mount and (at least for now) the spell embroidery is being brought up to par with the other profession perks, why isn't engineering the same?

I just wished that Engineering had a disclaimer on it before I pick it up:

Warning this profession is intended PvPers and Emo role players
    Side effects may include poverty, ridicule, feeling silly and impotence

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=63770

Best glove enchant for tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aviana
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=63770

Best glove enchant for tanks
    Debatable, most likely for DK's.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    Don't engineering have the best helms in the game
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

The goggles are replaced with the first helm drop you get in a raid, and if you're a plate-wearer, the BoE Blacksmithing helms are better, too.

and amg aesthetic mount changes whatever will i do without them D: D: D: D