Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    Wait a second... are you telling me that in every wsg there's 7 undead, in every ab there's 10-11 undead, in every eots there's 10-11 undead.
    Dont let me keep on going, cause if thats true, then i guess your battlegroup really suck for your part, but tbh i don't trust that theres ~70% undead in every bg you play.
    You don't realize how popular undead are do you?

  2. #22

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Also, horde races need Stoneform. Do you have any idea how much it sucks trying to get honor as a horde priest knowing that at least 70% of everyone you face is rogues using poisons?
    First off, dwarves are nowhere near that popular on alliance side as undead are on horde. Second, rogues are nowhere near that popular in bg's due to the DK epidemic. Third, a poison that slows you or healing debuffs you is not as bad as not having control over your character.

  3. #23

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Lol i barely ever see any Undead toons in my arenas besides my UD rogue, they majority of races i see are BE and Humans
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

  4. #24

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    First off, dwarves are nowhere near that popular on alliance side as undead are on horde. Second, rogues are nowhere near that popular in bg's due to the DK epidemic. Third, a poison that slows you or healing debuffs you is not as bad as not having control over your character.
    Your first point makes little difference at all in arenas, since it can be horde vs horde and alliance vs alliance. Horde players are just as likely to have to face an undead player as alliance, it does not mean alliance need Will of the Forsaken.

    Second, Stoneform also removes and makes you immune to diseases, handy for the "DK epidemic" that you mentioned.

    Third, there are no diminishing returns on poisons, unlike fear.

    And racials are not supposed to be so worthless that it makes no difference what race you pick. It is supposed to be something you actually think about. I would quite like Shadowform, Gift of the Naaru, Escape Artist and and Heroic Presence, but unfortunately I don't play alliance. I also don't think the alliance needs Arcane Torrent or Will of the Forsaken.

    Just because someone else has something does not mean you need it too.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  5. #25

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Your first point makes little difference at all in arenas, since it can be horde vs horde and alliance vs alliance. Horde players are just as likely to have to face an undead player as alliance, it does not mean alliance need Will of the Forsaken.
    Duh, I was talking about bg's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Second, Stoneform also removes and makes you immune to diseases, handy for the "DK epidemic" that you mentioned.
    Yay, a few sec of being immune to diseases (which is getting removed soon anyway) and then they just reapply them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Third, there are no diminishing returns on poisons, unlike fear.
    Maybe because poisons aren't as bad as fears. Also, DR doesn't really matter when you're a priest and your fear has a 20-30 sec cd anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    And racials are not supposed to be so worthless that it makes no difference what race you pick. It is supposed to be something you actually think about. I would quite like Shadowform, Gift of the Naaru, Escape Artist and and Heroic Presence, but unfortunately I don't play alliance. I also don't think the alliance needs Arcane Torrent or Will of the Forsaken.

    Just because someone else has something does not mean you need it too.
    Yes I know racials aren't supposed to be worthless. I never said they should be. Also, I never said I wanted it just because horde have it, lol. It's just that it's generally the best pvp racial ever. Shadowform is only really useful if you're a rogue, GotN is an extra heal, woo. Escape artist is pretty good, but it breaks snares, which don't make or break arena games, while WotF breaks cc's and Arcane Torrent is an extra silence, which do make or break arena games.

  6. #26

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    OP is a fucking idiot, move along folks

  7. #27

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    I know priests have a hard time against rogues, I have one myself. And I have noticed the same thing against human rogues, they are impossible to get rid of because they will just racial my fear and keep attacking. The thing that confuses me is that you are not asking for a buff to priests to make them better against surviving rogues, you are asking for a nerf to other priests who are not you, just because in battlegrounds you don't like them not having to deal with this racial.

    You think it is "generally the best PVP racial ever" as you put it because you play a priest, and it affects you. It is worthless most classes.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  8. #28

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I know priests have a hard time against rogues, I have one myself. And I have noticed the same thing against human rogues, they are impossible to get rid of because they will just racial my fear and keep attacking. The thing that confuses me is that you are not asking for a buff to priests to make them better against surviving rogues, you are asking for a nerf to other priests who are not you, just because in battlegrounds you don't like them not having to deal with this racial.

    You think it is "generally the best PVP racial ever" as you put it because you play a priest, and it affects you. It is worthless most classes.
    Um, actually I don't play a priest. I had a lock in TBC, which I retired. No it is not worthless. It's an extra trinket that only works on certain cc. Which is better than pretty much every other racial in pvp. I never said ally should have an exact copy of WotF either. It should be something similar, but breaks different cc than WotF does.

    If I was asking for a nerf like you say, it would be to horde locks and priests who never have to deal with this, not just any other priest besides one I play.

    I don't have to play a priest to know that it's crap to give the majority of the opposing faction an extra trinket against your one main cc.

  9. #29

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyens
    OP is a fucking idiot, move along folks
    LOL I know it requires a bit of PvP to understand these concepts. When you step out of scripted fights you can come talk with us, ok pumpkin?
    SIGNATURE RULES* SIGNATURE RULES* SIGNATURE RULES* SIGNATURE RULES

  10. #30

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Join a typing class and GTFO.

    kkthxbye.
    OK thanks for the tip!

    sskkldjw
    SIGNATURE RULES* SIGNATURE RULES* SIGNATURE RULES* SIGNATURE RULES

  11. #31

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    Um, actually I don't play a priest. I had a lock in TBC, which I retired. No it is not worthless. It's an extra trinket that only works on certain cc. Which is better than pretty much every other racial in pvp. I never said ally should have an exact copy of WotF either. It should be something similar, but breaks different cc than WotF does.

    If I was asking for a nerf like you say, it would be to horde locks and priests who never have to deal with this, not just any other priest besides one I play.

    I don't have to play a priest to know that it's crap to give the majority of the opposing faction an extra trinket against your one main cc.
    Sorry, I assumed that you played a priest since you were using them in your comparison, about breaking their fear, and this is on the priest forum. I never said it was worthless, by the way. I said against most classes it is useless, because most classes don't have fear.

    Just giving a random alliance race a new racial to break a random CC just because a horde race have this skill is a but stupid. Just because another race has something does not mean you need it. No horde race has a heal, or diplomacy, or a racial to break snares. Or a free 1% hit for the group. And it doesn't mean it is needed.

    And the "majority" of the other faction? No. That just isn't true.

    This thread is just pointless. "Nerf scissors, rock is fine" says paper.


    God, if you are complaining about this I hate to think what you would have done with the first release version that gave immunity for 30 seconds as well as breaking fear...

    Or even the Beta version where it was passive. Although that was back when Shackle Undead worked on Forsaken players.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  12. #32

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by The Death Itself
    Charm is only used by warlocks with a succubus in PvP, but no warlock even uses one, especially when it shares diminishing returns with fear.
    Surprised no one corrected him yet: Mind control.

    If you don't think it is powerful you need to go arena and play vs priest/rogue some more.

  13. #33

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    I remember that. I was all fired up about playing an Alliance priest that could CC in pvp because so many were going to play undead.

    And ironically, it was the undead players that ended up having the advantage over the alliance priests. Good times, wow.
    I remember some Shackles, and an exorcism or two (I can't remember if Turn was in the game at that point or not, I know I never got a chance).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  14. #34

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Hehe, all that is left now is waiting for a silly DK to pop Lichborne while fighting you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  15. #35

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    Would be very nice if Blizzard would completely change WotF to something universially beneficial, but less of a counter to priests and locks. (Undead Rogues make me cry :'()
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

  16. #36

    Re: Stick it to rogues

    A human rogue make me cry also. Can't be the player, must be the class. Seriously all this q.q destroyed the beauty of the rogues, even tho at some they might have been too OP. It's a game not a way of life ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •