Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Speccing for 3.1 (Feral)

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    I'm going to use your same spec as Cat.

For Bear, I'll be picking: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...6&version=9626

Reasons: I've noticed Imp.LotP is often a overheal, and I do not need Infected Wounds. I don't simply because I raid with Deathknights that have Imp.Icy Touch, so slowing a boss isn't necessary for me. I'd rather have an interrupt on a 30sec cd.
    I'll use the same spec for dps, with 1 little change... i'll take 1 point out of furor and place it somewhere else...like in nurturing instinct or something that might actually help somehow since furor is almost useless cuz i don't need to shapeshift (unless i CR or smt)

And for tanking i'd rather drop master shapeshifter since it's not as if i'm having threat problems, and i'll use the points for something that will help for tanking a bit, like Feral Agression (yes, it's not great, but it's something!)

...what do u think ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn
    I'll use the same spec for dps, with 1 little change... i'll take 1 point out of furor and place it somewhere else...like in nurturing instinct or something that might actually help somehow since furor is almost useless cuz i don't need to shapeshift (unless i CR or smt)

And for tanking i'd rather drop master shapeshifter since it's not as if i'm having threat problems, and i'll use the points for something that will help for tanking a bit, like Feral Agression (yes, it's not great, but it's something!)

...what do u think ?
    It's a viable option of course. I prefer the spec that way, but then, it's just what6 *I* am gonna use, far from claiming it to be "the spec" or something like that :P
    It gets down to what your raid offers and you prefer the most. In my case, we have no problem about the incoming tank damage, but we like to race like mad on threat. Not that I lost any boss so far, but it's quite comforting to have that 4% dmg when you need 7k TPS to hold it

It will depend on Ulduar testing too. So far I had no need for FA. But even that may change. My PTR testing raid buddies aren't the same guys I usually run with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

For cat I'll probably go with this:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZEGMcfrzbeR0huAkbA0z

With longer rips we'll get to do more Bites, hence 5 points in Feral Aggression. I really don't see crit being much of an issue, especially not if agility overtakes strength as the new best kitty stat. So I've left out Master Shapeshifter. The two points in Nurturing Instinct is more of a personal preference, those could be put anywhere really.

Obviously nothing is set in stone yet, we'll have to see what happens when the patch goes live.

15+ Year Old Account

Uhmm it is quite true yes. However, consider that, differently from what was initially calculated, we ended up discovering that the Berserk glyph is actually a very strong damage increase.
    As the last updates are, the top glyphs for Cat are Savage Roar, Berserk and Shred. Leaving out the Rip glyph. Which means a) your Rip will stay longer, but only 2sec longer, and b) don't forget we have no idea what T8 bonuses will be, and if we'll change or keep T7 for the extra duration bonus.

Indeed, there is a lot to consider and it's really just theorycrafting at this point. I'm curious about how much Bite actually will/should be used, if it turns out it doesn't become a more permanent part of our "rotation" I'll go with this for kitty instead:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGMcfrzbeR0huAkbAczb

I suspect quite a few druids have a hybrid spec currently that allows them to be a bear or a kitty (with certain tradeoffs). I'm running with one right now. My question looking at 3.1 is, is there any way to spec into primal gore without gimping bear survivability?

This is the best hybrid spec I can figure out how to build-- but of course a mangle kitty is never going to match a fully specced shred kitty.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...6&version=9626

So... build a better hybrid

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    I suspect quite a few druids have a hybrid spec currently that allows them to be a bear or a kitty (with certain tradeoffs). I'm running with one right now. My question looking at 3.1 is, is there any way to spec into primal gore without gimping bear survivability?

This is the best hybrid spec I can figure out how to build-- but of course a mangle kitty is never going to match a fully specced shred kitty.

So... build a better hybrid
    If I have to pick a hybrid build for 3.1, I'd go like this:

15+ Year Old Account

u guys should not forget that whit the extended durations on Savage Roar and Rip that u are verry likely to use a FB whitin so that "Feral Agression" might become a verry importent talent.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Didn't read the topic but

Best spec for DPS

Bar none. Savage roar as the other glyph and I always have a arms warrior so no mangle glyph for me...I'd use beserk instead of Rip too but that's just preference

Tank spec's still up for debate but I'd go with

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Didn't read the topic but

Best spec for DPS

Bar none.
    Because PotP affects Cat AP, AMIRITE?

At least get a clue when you're trying to be "the best".

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Because PotP affects Cat AP, AMIRITE?

At least get a clue when you're trying to be "the best".
    We have 2 points that are not used for a full kitty Single-target DPS spec. I could put the points in swipe, yes, but I like PotP for the few times im actually in bear for extra damage and mitigation.

Please enlighten me where those 2 points could go that would improve our single target DPS. Stop being a jackass.

We have 2 points that are not used for a full kitty Single-target DPS spec. I could put the points in swipe, yes, but I like PotP for the few times im actually in bear for extra damage and mitigation.

Please enlighten me where those 2 points could go that would improve our single target DPS. Stop being a jackass.
    Well, your statement was about "Best spec for DPS". PotP does not help DPS, whereas something like swipe does, if only marginally. Thus arel00 is right.

You might have gotten a gentler response if you hadn't added "Bar none."

Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    Well, your statement was about "Best spec for DPS". PotP does not help DPS, whereas something like swipe does, if only marginally. Thus arel00 is right.

You might have gotten a gentler response if you hadn't added "Bar none."
    Single-target DPS...if you ever use swipe for single target you should be shot regardless. Show me where I should put them oh wise one.

Will be my tanking spec, I don't think im going to buy dual specs straight away, probably wait because what's the point of spending 1000g for 2 specs when i hardly change because i love tanking so much. I use feral charge alot in raids, especialy on trash and on 4HM, i wouldn't spec imp MotW because your most likely to have a resto druid in the group for that. As for Imp lotp, the mana bonus is very helpfull and with the incomming spirit nerf, it'll be even better.

15+ Year Old Account

WHO in the world ever said it was a single target dps spec. You sure as hell did not in the post I quoted.
    1- a "Cat build" means a build to benefit Cat form damage output, which is in no way restricted to single target
    2- if you have two "wasted" points, and you're making a *Cat* build, those go into Swipe, not into bear talents

If you want to pick bear talents you're welcome, but we're talking hybrid builds then, not Cat ones.

Well... I'll simply throw up my preferred spec.. It depends on how you play your cat... if you are more into shred and the ridiculous lack of energy.... or if you just do 5 mans or 10 mans more often than 25... take the points out of Nurturing instinct and put them into shredding attacks

You want to talk a good cat 25 man spec... get the 2 in nurturing instincts... its more beneficial to your healers than the oh shet button survival instincts. On top of help with healing, on longer fights where you are going to need a more steady stream of energy you want to stick with a rotation similar to mangle>rake 5cp>SR repeat>rip repeat>FB.

Why ferocious bite instead of using a constant shred? Because at the end of the day, the constant damage from your rip and rake combined with the damage boost of SR (and Im assuming you're looking at strength and AP instead of crit for this spec. higher damage output on white hits and just normal hits in general) will provide more of a lead on your competitor pure dps classes than going a shred and pumping out short term damage and having to take a break dropping your dps just in order to regain energy.

All of this is considering you are constantly using Tigers Fury whenever the cool down is up. You'll want to wait till at least 45 energy before hitting a berserk, along with having at the very least SR up for the full duration, meaning a 5 cp SR. it enables you to get in a rip if you havent already and once that is up, FB all the way through the berserk, you might get 2-4 off depending on cp procs. This will boost your damage, once you start back into normal rotation we are talking a continuation of constant damage that will keep your numbers high.

I'm a feral cat who does a constant 4k damage. by constant I mean more often than not I will pull between 3.7k and 4.2k damage. Granted in a 5 or 10 man my damage is nothing. You'll do about 2.3-2.7k in heroics or 10 mans because of the shortness of the fights. Hence why you'd want to be a shred spec, burst damage with high crit.

anyways here is the build, now that I've probably bored you all to death.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...&version=9626#

Good luck to all of you kitties out there. May we stop beating each other to the ground and unite with each other to share our fails and wins