Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Patchwerk is a terrible benchmark for DPS because of how fast certain guilds are killing him. If you kill him faster, you have bloodlust and trinket uptime for a larger portion of fight, and your DPS comes out higher.

    On longer encounters, I'd say we cap out between 5.3 and 5.5k.

  2. #22

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    That's the only fight people take into account, because of it's tank and spank nature.. and I do agree, it's a terrible benchmark. No movement, no phases, no adds..

  3. #23

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien
    here is my armory tips are welcomed

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sargmastif
    c'mon, it is really easy to improve that on yourself. maybe start with enchanting your gear the right way?

    on topic:

    dps benchmarks at patchwork are just rediculous. killing him goes way to fast. you have 30 - 50% bloodlust uptime in the whole fight. almost the same with potions / trinket buffs / etc. that's how mages pulling 7k+ dps

  4. #24
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    DPS benchmarks is in general terrible.

    If you can kill Patch under 3 minutes your dps is fine

  5. #25

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    OK i said i still have alot of Healing gear to replace. I cant just not ware anything. And easy to replace. Not to sure about that, i have other gear in the bank but i dont want to give up to much or my hitrating. IF i use a different OH and Head it id lose 61+ to hit. I dont have any other head gear with Hit just a meta slot.

    Hammel i asked for Tips not Bull sht respond

  6. #26

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    SW is still worth casting while moving, so it isn't completely useless.
    It's also worth casting if you have only 1.5sec left on your MB cooldown instead of casting MF and delaying your next MB by 0.5 to 1.5sec depending if you clip your MF or not.

  7. #27

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Patchwerk is a terrible benchmark for DPS because of how fast certain guilds are killing him. If you kill him faster, you have bloodlust and trinket uptime for a larger portion of fight, and your DPS comes out higher.

    On longer encounters, I'd say we cap out between 5.3 and 5.5k.
    IMO spriests have better long term dps than some of the other dps classes.... this is due to the fact we scale poorly under Heroism/BL and the fact that we are extremely mana effecient to the point of having infinite mana. This means we can use your highest dps rotation (or priority if you prefer) for long periods of time where other classes would have to think about conserving their mana a bit better (Arcane mages in particular).

    Unfortunetly I don't get imp scorch or winter's chill or Crypt Fever... and i'll run around 4.5K dps... I would assume with those two buffs i'd be near 5K if not above.

  8. #28

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Does Crypt Fever affect DP? But u wont have crypt fever mostly since they skill ebon plaquebringer...and a Moonkin oder Afflilock(with 3.1 every lock) can replace that debuff

  9. #29

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    5049dps is the most I've ever done.

    2068 SP (no IF obviously) / 19.9% crit / 318 haste / 246 hit.

    I'm often between 4800 and 5000 most weeks.

    I can't understand how some people manage to do 5500dps as I feel my rotation is near perfect. I do feel I have a tad too much haste as I find flay ending and MB with 0.1 secs left on CD. I'm still chasing the maly 10 man chest which should balance my haste out.

    sometimes I find things not needing renewing like VT/DP and I have a second left on MB CD when I use SWD to fill the gap.

  10. #30
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    191

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    5049dps is the most I've ever done.

    2068 SP (no IF obviously) / 19.9% crit / 318 haste / 246 hit.

    I'm often between 4800 and 5000 most weeks.

    I can't understand how some people manage to do 5500dps as I feel my rotation is near perfect. I do feel I have a tad too much haste as I find flay ending and MB with 0.1 secs left on CD. I'm still chasing the maly 10 man chest which should balance my haste out.

    sometimes I find things not needing renewing like VT/DP and I have a second left on MB CD when I use SWD to fill the gap.

    Assuming you got all the possible raid buffs, the best possible gear and are using flask/food buff, the only way you will get to higher dps is when you get to sub 3 minutes Patchwerk. The relative time you spend under heroism/potion of wild magic will increase, so your dps will increase.

  11. #31
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    I'd go so far to say all dps over 4900 is purely based on your raid composition and how fast your raid do their job, uptime on their debuffs etc.

    Which means if you're doing 4800+ your dps is just fine and can only be marginal improved by yourself. The remaining 600 dps is related to your raid group.


  12. #32

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball
    I'm usually around 5.4k - 5.7k on Patchwerk, over 5k on almost every other encounter where you can stand and dps a bit. 5591 last week on Patchwerk, 20 man run. Got some upgrades since then (maly helm + wrists from sarth), gonna try to break 5.9k tomorrow.
    Usually when you make near unbelievable claims you support it with wws.

    5591 dps on a 20 man run for patchwerk? Unless your guild brought 2 tanks and 2 healers I cant fathom this being possible due to the fact of the additional time required to kill patchwerk.

    Going to try and break 5.9k tomorrow? are you just randomly throwing out numbers? what kind of meter are you even running. please do share. I cant stand people that come on to these forums and spew out information that just sounds stupid and dont prove it with anything

  13. #33

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    I second that. 5K on every other encounter? Please, do share your secret or the meter you're using. I find it unlikely you can break 5k on maexxna or sapphiron.

  14. #34

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    The one time I hit 5.2k dps it took us 2min 40 sec to kill him, so I can imagine i'd be doing a bit more if the fight laster a minute less. With no one in my guild focusing on reaching any high numbers except for me, I don't think that'll be possible though.

  15. #35

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    My highest so far is 5.75k dps on a 5 minute patchwerk, don't have a WWS or anything but I think I can find a screenshot somewhere if I have to prove myself.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

  16. #36

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Wow, i'm not coming near those numbers with most BIS 10 man items and a 25 man chest from Maexxna. I'm usually around 2700 for the raid and about 1-1.5 mil damage over everyone else. We're not scrubs by any stretch.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  17. #37

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Simixiz
    My highest so far is 5.75k dps on a 5 minute patchwerk, don't have a WWS or anything but I think I can find a screenshot somewhere if I have to prove myself.
    You're telling us you had a 5 min patchwerk kill with you doing 5,75k DPS? I highly doubt such a combination is possible.
    Hìdden on EU-Blackrock

  18. #38
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Wow, i'm not coming near those numbers with most BIS 10 man items and a 25 man chest from Maexxna. I'm usually around 2700 for the raid and about 1-1.5 mil damage over everyone else. We're not scrubs by any stretch.
    Try look at individual boss fights, not overall.

    I do 3500-3800 in 10man runs if you want to compare to those.

  19. #39

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Simixiz
    My highest so far is 5.75k dps on a 5 minute patchwerk, don't have a WWS or anything but I think I can find a screenshot somewhere if I have to prove myself.
    No need. We believe you.

  20. #40

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    You're telling us you had a 5 min patchwerk kill with you doing 5,75k DPS? I highly doubt such a combination is possible.
    This one is a couple of weeks old with a elemental shaman(5 min~)
    http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?ima...chwerk575k.jpg

    Here's one from today without a elemental shaman(3 min~)
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9762/...noeleshama.jpg

    Believe it or not.

    Looking forward to next week where I'll probably break 6k with ToW.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •