Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    To simixiz...I'm still somewhat doubtful of your ridiculous dps, seeing as there are many top guilds posting on wow-meters online and your dps seems to be about 100 dps more than the top spriest on patch. However, if what you say is true, then grats on some massive crit luck and generous skill. I would like to know if you were getting focus magic, and how many times you recieved tricks of the trade.

    I am also curious as to why you aren't using wws, since I would still like to see one. Also, your dps between the two photos seem to be relatively similar, supposedly with and without an elemental shaman....so I'm confused as to how you are going to get another 250 dps just with 140ish extra sp...granted that is a lot of sp, but that is a lot of dps you are talking about here.

    I am also somewhat doubtful that that was a 5 min. fight, just from looking at the dps of your other guildies...I may be wrong, but those are my thoughts.

  2. #42

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Acerra
    To simixiz...I'm still somewhat doubtful of your ridiculous dps, seeing as there are many top guilds posting on wow-meters online and your dps seems to be about 100 dps more than the top spriest on patch. However, if what you say is true, then grats on some massive crit luck and generous skill. I would like to know if you were getting focus magic, and how many times you recieved tricks of the trade.

    I am also curious as to why you aren't using wws, since I would still like to see one. Also, your dps between the two photos seem to be relatively similar, supposedly with and without an elemental shaman....so I'm confused as to how you are going to get another 250 dps just with 140ish extra sp...granted that is a lot of sp, but that is a lot of dps you are talking about here.

    I am also somewhat doubtful that that was a 5 min. fight, just from looking at the dps of your other guildies...I may be wrong, but those are my thoughts.
    As seen on the pic above I had focus magic tonight, and I didn't get a single TotT.
    Suppose I can try and hook up a WWS for next week, usualy a mage in the guild covers that but he wasn't around tonight(studying).

    About the 5 minute kill, we've had melees standing outside of patchwerk the last couple of weeks. We've been trying to get the Immortal thingie thing and the melee kept taking hurtfulls and dying. Hence the slow kill.

    I guess you can "blame" my good dps on RNG if you wish. It's not like I can change your mind by saying otherwise.

    I'll see what I can do next week, and probably get a WWS report on it.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

  3. #43

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    I'd really like to see that wws, because I'm wondering how you can get 1k dps more than me on a 5 minute fight. Also, it's interesting how other 2 sps are way way way below you.

  4. #44

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I'd really like to see that wws, because I'm wondering how you can get 1k dps more than me on a 5 minute fight. Also, it's interesting how other 2 sps are way way way below you.
    Well, maybe you're doin' something wrong, lag, gear, setup and whatnot. A million reasons.

    And about the other two. I outgear Sayonara by quite a bit and Lizelle ain't the best SP around, so to say.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

  5. #45

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    The only difference in your gear and mine is the mainhand (plus I went for spellpower instead of haste so I have a few pieces different such as chest, offhand, trinket), my ping is 250 and I wouldn't say I can't play, I've done numerous heroic dummy runs with numerous priests, some that play in world top 10 guilds and there weren't 1k dps differences. I'd really really like to see wws and not recount screenshot.

    Also, the other difference is that you have focus magic and I don't. You said you didn't have toft. I can see that you can get that dps by getting chain toft-ed since 4700 * 1.15 = 5.4k, throw in some lucky rng and I can see 5.

    But honestly, over the course of 5 minutes, I can't really believe you can maintain 5.7k dps. Even if you had 0 ping, 10 ms human reaction, if god of rng was licking your feet - no, 5.7 is waaay way way out of line so I'll choose not to trust your recount before I see the wws. And then, if wws shows that everything's legit, I'll gladly bow before you and ask for tips

  6. #46

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    The only difference in your gear and mine is the mainhand (plus I went for spellpower instead of haste so I have a few pieces different such as chest, offhand, trinket), my ping is 250 and I wouldn't say I can't play, I've done numerous heroic dummy runs with numerous priests, some that play in world top 10 guilds and there weren't 1k dps differences. I'd really really like to see wws and not recount screenshot.

    Also, the other difference is that you have focus magic and I don't. You said you didn't have toft. I can see that you can get that dps by getting chain toft-ed since 4700 * 1.15 = 5.4k, throw in some lucky rng and I can see 5.

    But honestly, over the course of 5 minutes, I can't really believe you can maintain 5.7k dps. Even if you had 0 ping, 10 ms human reaction, if god of rng was licking your feet - no, 5.7 is waaay way way out of line so I'll choose not to trust your recount before I see the wws. And then, if wws shows that everything's legit, I'll gladly bow before you and ask for tips
    How come you can't believe I can maintain such high dps when you can check other WWS's with the same result, maybe not over a 5 min fight but for example a 3 min patchwerk which I submitted a screenshot off.
    I'll throw in a WWS report next week, and hopefully that will satisy your needs of proof.

    I did some calcs on our PP values and I came up with this:
    Syanid
    3152.66
    Simixiz
    3152.35

    Your case of low dps is just a l2p issue, tbh. You can blame it on RNG and whatever "chain totts" that you're saying I'm getting. But bottom line is, you need practice and probably lots of it.

    Can't say anything else, really.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

  7. #47

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Well I can say that I saw a feral druid doing 11k dps, who also had godlike attitude like you and was fast about L2P comments but wws showed a nice bug with maul that made his dps go up for 7k. So sorry, I really want to see that wws. And if possible, drop l2p comments, I'm really too old to be reading them all the time when someone does something out of the ordinary. No, you can't have 5.7k without tricks of the trade over the course of 5 minutes. My top was 4.7k over the 5.5 minutes, with tricks I'd have that 5.7 you had. So, if possible, do record that wws and post it next week as I'm really really interrested. And FYI recount isn't the most accurate tool ever, just compare its output with one at wws or wowmeteronline.

    I just don't know what "skill" you might have, it doesn't take a lot to know to play a shadowpriest and I honestly doubt you know that 99% of the sp community doesn't, me included. So please, wws next week. Btw. mathematically, you can't reach that dps over the course of 4 minutes without additional dps boost such as tricks of the trade / heroism.

  8. #48

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    A little off topic, but is a spirit chest enchant better than a +8 stats enchant for shadow DPS considering the Shadow glyph and Twisted Faith?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  9. #49

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    A little off topic, but is a spirit chest enchant better than a +8 stats enchant for shadow DPS considering the Shadow glyph and Twisted Faith?

    PP values:
    +8 Stats: 3.36
    +15 Spirit: 3.3

    So +8 stats wins by 0.06PP.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

  10. #50
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    And then you obviously get +10 stats, and it's even more win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simixiz
    How come you can't believe I can maintain such high dps when you can check other WWS's with the same result, maybe not over a 5 min fight but for example a 3 min patchwerk which I submitted a screenshot off.
    The thing is, we hardly care about your dps or your WWS.

    What we need of information to prove what you're saying and compare your damage to our own is:

    - Raid Composition
    - Raid Buffed Stats
    - Tick values for SW:P, VT, and DP
    - Mind Blast and Mind Flay average and crit values

    I'll assume 95%+ uptime on dots, so won't be asking about that.

    Because when I see another player pulling off 3-400 dps more than me, I analyse his stats and his gear.

    If gear is equal, but his DoTs tick for average 200-300 more per tick there is something obviously different in the raid composition allowing the higher dps.

    Being cocky and saying L2P when doing numbers that don't hardly even show up in theorycraft sheets, is just being stupid.

  11. #51

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    And then you obviously get +10 stats, and it's even more win.
    The thing is, we hardly care about your dps or your WWS.

    What we need of information to prove what you're saying and compare your damage to our own is:

    - Raid Composition
    - Raid Buffed Stats
    - Tick values for SW:P, VT, and DP
    - Mind Blast and Mind Flay average and crit values

    I'll assume 95%+ uptime on dots, so won't be asking about that.

    Because when I see another player pulling off 3-400 dps more than me, I analyse his stats and his gear.

    If gear is equal, but his DoTs tick for average 200-300 more per tick there is something obviously different in the raid composition allowing the higher dps.

    Being cocky and saying L2P when doing numbers that don't hardly even show up in theorycraft sheets, is just being stupid.
    What he said.
    Oh and Simixiz, WWS or gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

  12. #52

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    last night was a pants patch kill for me. I ran at 264 hit I think with shammy so I think that adds up to the cap. then missed the first DP. probably landed before misery popped up from VT :'(

    I ended up on about 4600dps or there abouts. the other SP did 5096.

    2 mins 46 secs kill I think

    I still don't get how you pull 5700 dps. when your gear isn't miles better than mine. you have slightly more SP. I have about 2% more crit. you have quite a bit more haste.

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hisper&n=Cleir

    I'm still being strangled for hit rating since the chest won't drop for me. I swapped sarth 1D chest for that one as I felt I had too much haste...

    Where's a good haste point? I kept finding MB almost off CD when my flays ended hence the swap of chest.

  13. #53

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    To cleir...I am supremely jealous that you get a Draenei in your raid, well at least I hope you had at least one...I would love to have 1% more passive hit rating. Anyway, with a Draenei you would still need 10% hit from gear...and according to the armory link you gave you only have 246...it would seem that you got your last 2 numbers mixed up, which leaves you a pretty good amount below the hit cap, which would explain your miss. You need 263 I believe, I play horde so that is just a quick calculation, so 1 more 16 hit gem, or the glove chant will fix you up nicely.

    And since our dots dont actually scale with haste past the time it takes to cast them I think the best value to aim for is that which allows us 2 full mindflays between our mindblasts. This is right around 300 haste...though it can be significantly less with WoA totems and the ret pally buff.

  14. #54

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    http://wowwebstats.com/lcpf4gig5euji...15931&a=xfabf3

    Last week's Patchwerk, and my best effort: 5511. For some reason I forget to swap out of my trash gear to my boss gear on this guy a lot. This is one of the fights where I did remember to swap to boss gear.

    Probably about half of my gear would be considered Best in Slot.

    I'm logged out in PvP gear atm, but my boss gear would have been something near:
    ~2045 spellpower, 16.7% crit, 465 haste, 289 hit. That's all from memory, but is pretty close.

    This is with no Moonkin Aura, no Focus Magic, no Tricks of the Trade. Yes to Ebon Plague, Improved Scorch & Elemental Oath. Pot was a Speed Potion.

    Edit: The week before I had 5282 on a kill that was a few seconds longer.

  15. #55
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    191

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Almightyone
    http://wowwebstats.com/lcpf4gig5euji...15931&a=xfabf3

    Last week's Patchwerk, and my best effort: 5511. For some reason I forget to swap out of my trash gear to my boss gear on this guy a lot. This is one of the fights where I did remember to swap to boss gear.

    Probably about half of my gear would be considered Best in Slot.

    I'm logged out in PvP gear atm, but my boss gear would have been something near:
    ~2045 spellpower, 16.7% crit, 465 haste, 289 hit. That's all from memory, but is pretty close.

    This is with no Moonkin Aura, no Focus Magic, no Tricks of the Trade. Yes to Ebon Plague, Improved Scorch & Elemental Oath. Pot was a Speed Potion.

    Edit: The week before I had 5282 on a kill that was a few seconds longer.
    I would go with less haste and more crit if I were you. Any haste above 10% (in theory) and 11-12% with a bit of lag is a bit of a waste. Still, very nice dps there.

    I wonder if the Simixiz was not using a few additionals buffs like power infusion every 2 minutes to reach that. I don't think mathematically it is possible to get 5700 dps over 5 minutes with just the normal raid buffs. Those numbers are achievable once you start to have sub 3 minutes kills.

  16. #56

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    yeah I swap my MH for the Soulblade on boss fights.

    so I gain 30 hit from that. Using the other for trash really.

    yeah we run 3 shamans and 1 of the priests is a draenai so all the dps gets the +1% aura.

  17. #57

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Almightyone
    http://wowwebstats.com/lcpf4gig5euji...15931&a=xfabf3

    Last week's Patchwerk, and my best effort: 5511. For some reason I forget to swap out of my trash gear to my boss gear on this guy a lot. This is one of the fights where I did remember to swap to boss gear.
    Nice one but yeah... RNG and there is some awesome crit luck here.

  18. #58

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    http://wowwebstats.com/zr4xfr5juwzjk?s=326019-357346

    Our usual SP dps von Patchwerk. 4 385 - 5 049 with "good" but not perfect gear should be easy.

  19. #59
    Pandaren Monk gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,757

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien
    here is my armory tips are welcomed

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sargmastif
    First, replace the wispcloak for well anything. Deathchill is a huge upgrade for you. If you can afford it, get the titanium spellshock ring made & put 19 SP in it. Get rid of gems in your gloves, belt & legs and replace them with 19 SP instead. You should never gem for int as shadow. The set bonus on our gloves & pants is not worth giving up the raw SP you would pick up. Put a belt buckle in your pants & put 19 SP in it too. Those typically sell for like 30-60g on most servers so they're easy to pick up. Your bracers should be enchanted with 30 SP (or I think the lower is 23) instead of int. You're exalted with Kirin Tor so get the helm enchant. You could probably even replace the helm you have with the blue tailor made one too and slap a meta in there. You're currently over hit cap so don't worry about losing the hit.

  20. #60

    Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

    how do you read the WWS to know if someone is overlapping VT too much or letting it fall off?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •