Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Shadowpriests highest DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    how do you read the WWS to know if someone is overlapping VT too much or letting it fall off?
    If you read the combat log, you can see how many seconds there is in between the casts of VT.
    Remember, VT doesn't grant mana though, Mind Blasting while VT is active on the target is what triggers Replenishment.

http://wowwebstats.com/lcpf4gig5euji...piric+touch%22

This is the VT filtered out from the 5511 I just posted. You can see here that I clipped once, and had a couple of multi-second lapses between reapplication. There is obviously room for improvement.

Also keep in mind that 16.7% crit is just what my char screen says. That doesn't inclued raid buffs such as int, kings, improved scorch, elemental oath, moonkin aura, or talents such as mind melt. I average over 40% crits on just about every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Almightyone
    Also keep in mind that 16.7% crit is just what my char screen says. That doesn't inclued raid buffs such as int, kings, improved scorch, elemental oath, moonkin aura, or talents such as mind melt. I average over 40% crits on just about every fight.
    There is always room for improvement. Those 16.7% crit unbuffed put you to 36% crit raidbuffed + 4% on MB/MF. Yeah that's 40%, not 57. I've been over this numerous times and with much longer kill times, when I had worse gear I've had a few kills where I could believe that I was dpsing, all because of RNG. This parse is definetely good but you shouldnt think that you will always be capable of putting those number, that's hard work, for sure.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I agree that the crit was a bit high. Even the blind squirrel, such as myself, is blessed by the RNG gods occaisionally, and finds that acorn. ;D

Just some Qs, i read in this thread that SW D isnt so good, still worth using with the glyphe when target is below 20%?
    And do u guys overwrite ur VT or let it tick out and then renew it? I need like 150 hit more but still doint 3,3k dps on Patchwork 10.
    I was keeping SW on GC everyfight, so not worth it?
    Maingear is holy so i only got like 2,2k sp and 140 hit :X And is it worth stackin Crit + Spell with 3.1 since all of ur abilitys can crit now? (exp. one but 75%)

And does anyone have a GOOD DoT Timer? And i tried DoT Timer but its not my thing -.- and dont know how to move the Quartzdotbar Thanks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

ok is this right....

00:36'42.641 Patchwerk is afflicted by Vampiric Touch.
    Then the last tick hits (00:36'57.828) 15.187 secs later?

does that mean there was 0.187 secs of time when VT wasn't active?

or do you work it out between the last tick and the application so
    00:36'57.828 to 00:36'58.688 = 0.86 secs of VT downtime?

Quote Originally Posted by MilkaMaus
    And does anyone have a GOOD DoT Timer? And i tried DoT Timer but its not my thing -.- and dont know how to move the Quartzdotbar Thanks
    Try ForteWarlock (or whatever it is called now).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Classtimers works well, and you can set it up to show things like the Weakened Soul debuff as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    or do you work it out between the last tick and the application so
    00:36'57.828 to 00:36'58.688 = 0.86 secs of VT downtime?
    ^ this is correct

These numbers won't ever be exact, however, due to fluctuations in client/server lag.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MilkaMaus
    Just some Qs, i read in this thread that SW D isnt so good, still worth using with the glyphe when target is below 20%?
    And do u guys overwrite ur VT or let it tick out and then renew it? I need like 150 hit more but still doint 3,3k dps on Patchwork 10.
    I was keeping SW on GC everyfight, so not worth it?
    Maingear is holy so i only got like 2,2k sp and 140 hit :X And is it worth stackin Crit + Spell with 3.1 since all of ur abilitys can crit now? (exp. one but 75%)

If you're at 150 spell hit you need to be gemming for hit before you start going for crit or spellpower (easiest way to remember crit is that you can't crit what you first can't hit). Once you get the 289 hit that is our cap, go for straight up SP. With 3.1 crit is going to be more valuable than it was with 3.0 but not a huge increase. It would be viable to put into a yellow socket come 3.1 if the socket bonus is good but only if its a yellow/red socket combo.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Maingear is holy so i only got like 2,2k sp and 140 hit". If you mean that all of your gear is from when you were holy & gives stats a holy priest would want (stacking spirit/mp5 kind of thing) then you definately need to replace it. Having 2.2k SP is a good chunk of SP even for a shadow priest but the 140 hit is horrible. Unfortunately we don't get to benefit from other's buffs to drop our spell hit down (exception is Alliance who get that damn aura) so its key to get self hit capped.

As for a good DOT timer, go download OmniCC. It will show on the target how long a DOT or HOT has left and on your toolbar how long left on a CD for a spell. Very good thing to have. For spells that have a longer CD like shadowfiend, OmniCC starts off showing the minutes left on the CD then when it gets to 1 minute it switches to seconds left. It works for all classes that have a HOT, DOT or CD too.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    First, replace the wispcloak for well anything. Deathchill is a huge upgrade for you. If you can afford it, get the titanium spellshock ring made & put 19 SP in it. Get rid of gems in your gloves, belt & legs and replace them with 19 SP instead. You should never gem for int as shadow. The set bonus on our gloves & pants is not worth giving up the raw SP you would pick up. Put a belt buckle in your pants & put 19 SP in it too. Those typically sell for like 30-60g on most servers so they're easy to pick up. Your bracers should be enchanted with 30 SP (or I think the lower is 23) instead of int. You're exalted with Kirin Tor so get the helm enchant. You could probably even replace the helm you have with the blue tailor made one too and slap a meta in there. You're currently over hit cap so don't worry about losing the hit.

Thank you very much for the help. I know my gems are not right, but i still do healing so trying not to change all my healing gear to much untill i can replace with SP gear

If you're at 150 spell hit you need to be gemming for hit before you start going for crit or spellpower (easiest way to remember crit is that you can't crit what you first can't hit). Once you get the 289 hit that is our cap, go for straight up SP. With 3.1 crit is going to be more valuable than it was with 3.0 but not a huge increase. It would be viable to put into a yellow socket come 3.1 if the socket bonus is good but only if its a yellow/red socket combo.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Maingear is holy so i only got like 2,2k sp and 140 hit". If you mean that all of your gear is from when you were holy & gives stats a holy priest would want (stacking spirit/mp5 kind of thing) then you definately need to replace it. Having 2.2k SP is a good chunk of SP even for a shadow priest but the 140 hit is horrible. Unfortunately we don't get to benefit from other's buffs to drop our spell hit down (exception is Alliance who get that damn aura) so its key to get self hit capped.

As for a good DOT timer, go download OmniCC. It will show on the target how long a DOT or HOT has left and on your toolbar how long left on a CD for a spell. Very good thing to have. For spells that have a longer CD like shadowfiend, OmniCC starts off showing the minutes left on the CD then when it gets to 1 minute it switches to seconds left. It works for all classes that have a HOT, DOT or CD too.
    No i meant my Holygear is better because my main specc is holy and i got shadow equip, but i only reach like 150 hit or so, but thanks alot
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

(easiest way to remember crit is that you can't crit what you first can't hit)
    First i thought this too but afterall someone explained it how this works. It was for melee but shouldnt matter.

Assume u got 100% Crit and 0% Hit... u will never miss because u will always crit.

Can explain this so :

The System rolls 1-100 ( 15% hit 30% crit)

1-3 would mean a miss
    3-30 would mean a crit
    30-100 would mean a hit.

Warriors could push, with that way, crushing blows out of the table.

I hope this is also right for caster but it doesnt matter coz we cant get 100% crit^^

The rest of ur post is right but in theorie a 19SP gem is always better than a 16Hit unless u will get a good bonus

Re: Shadowpriest max DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Not really. It equals bad if you can't keep your mana bar full while using it. It is a dps boost it just costs a lot of mana for that boost and has other draw backs. Look at EJ or SP.com to see that they say that if you can SW you should. Its not bad damage for the 1.5 seconds you spend on it.
    since when is mana a issue for SP? i do use sw:d as a filler and come out with 80% mana (shadowfiend used as dps) no Dispersion used...

and simcraft even dont use sw:d (guess its for a reason) http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...i/SampleOutput

5.2 is my patchwork dps, over around a 2.57 minute fight, and i was still 8th in damage meter

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    since when is mana a issue for SP? i do use sw:d as a filler and come out with 80% mana (shadowfiend used as dps) no Dispersion used...

and simcraft even dont use sw:d (guess its for a reason) http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...i/SampleOutput
    Bleh, your statement is so devoid of any useful information. You may be able to come out with 80% mana on some fights, but there are certainly some where mana can be an issue- KT for example- and you are most likely not ending with that much mana, unless you have a mana tide, an innervate, or have popped dispersion/mana potted. You might as well just say "OHHH MAN YOU GUYS USE MANA?? WAT??? gosh i just pew pew and never lose any..." which is obviously not the case for most people, even in decent gear.

At the other posters...if you really want to know if SW is worth it then you need to test a bunch of ticks of MF and see what the average dmg/tick is, and then do the same thing with SW....if you ever get to a point where 1 tick of MF is > SW then you should start filling that 1.5 second gap that we shadow priests seem to encounter pretty often with MF, until that time - use SW UNLESSSSS you have serious mana issues on lengthy fights. Keep in mind that whereas wasting that 1.5 seconds during a rotation could lose you several hundred dps during a fight, going oom means 0.000, repeated of course, dps, unless you break out the trusty wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Almightyone
    ^ this is correct

These numbers won't ever be exact, however, due to fluctuations in client/server lag.
    ah I get it now. so the lower the better obviously. if it's more than a second then there's a lot of room for improvement I guess.

I'll start getting WWS of myself to look where I can improve. cheers for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Simixiz
    This one is a couple of weeks old with a elemental shaman(5 min~)
    http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?ima...chwerk575k.jpg

Here's one from today without a elemental shaman(3 min~)
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9762/...noeleshama.jpg

Believe it or not.

Looking forward to next week where I'll probably break 6k with ToW.
    Well if we check the numbers you do give us you are either lying or set your recount to only add dps whyle you are casting maybe. 1120413/5748.4 = 195 seconds which would be 3min and 15sec.

968150/5726,7 = 169 seconds. 2min and 49sec

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    First i thought this too but afterall someone explained it how this works. It was for melee but shouldnt matter.

Assume u got 100% Crit and 0% Hit... u will never miss because u will always crit.

Can explain this so :

The System rolls 1-100 ( 15% hit 30% crit)

1-3 would mean a miss
    3-30 would mean a crit
    30-100 would mean a hit.

Warriors could push, with that way, crushing blows out of the table.

I hope this is also right for caster but it doesnt matter coz we cant get 100% crit^^

The rest of ur post is right but in theorie a 19SP gem is always better than a 16Hit unless u will get a good bonus

This is false. While it is true for melees, spells use a 2 roll system:

Quote Originally Posted by [url]http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit
    Unlike[/url] the melee combat system, spell crit makes absolutely no difference to hit chance. All spells, regardless of whether they are treated as binary or not, roll hit and crit separately. Conceptually, the game rolls for your hit chance first, and if the spell hits you have a separate roll for whether it crits.

Overall chance to crit over all spells cast is thus affected by hit rate. To calculate overall crit rate, multiplying the two chances together:

crit rate over all spell casts = crit * hit

For example, a caster with no spell hit rating gear or talents, against a mob 3 levels higher (83% hit chance), and 30% crit rating from gear and talents:

crit rate over all spell casts = 30% * 83% = 24.9%

In addition, direct damage spells suffer from partial resistance, but again, that has no effect on whether a spell hits or not.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Acerra
    Bleh, your statement is so devoid of any useful information. You may be able to come out with 80% mana on some fights, but there are certainly some where mana can be an issue- KT for example- and you are most likely not ending with that much mana, unless you have a mana tide, an innervate, or have popped dispersion/mana potted. You might as well just say "OHHH MAN YOU GUYS USE MANA?? WAT??? gosh i just pew pew and never lose any..." which is obviously not the case for most people, even in decent gear.
    KT is the only fight currently in game where I go below 75% mana and even then the lowest I go there is 50%. I do not use SW at all in my rotation. I even tease our mages (the group I'm always in is 2 mages, a lock & an ele shaman) about them going oom on nearly every fight or dropping down to like 10% then popping gems/mana pots/evo cause me & the shaman never seem to use our mana up. Most fights I'm sitting at 90-95% mana at the end and am always in top 10 (usually top 5) on dmg meters for overall dmg & dps. Using SW was removed from rotations back at the end of BC for a reason....the dmg per mana wasn't worth it even if you were in Kara/ZA gear.