Infusion of Light nerf

"Infusion of Light no longer has a chance to reduce the casting time of Holy Light, but increases the the critical chance of your next Holy Light by 10/20% instead."

I think this is a HUGE nerf and a big mistake.
    Paladins are tank healers. We take care of large spikes in damage quickly. We don't have AoE heals, it is our job to get the tank back to a good amount of health quickly.

Personally, my rotation involves Holy Shock every time it is up to (hopefully) crit and get the reduced casting time on my next FOL or HL.
    In a good 25man group I can reach 50% crit if specced right. Idk if adding another 20% chance to HLs crit rating is what i need.
    Its still cool to have FoL as an instant cast, but if they are going to remove the reduced cast time on HL, is another 20% crit the most useful thing to have?

Re: Infusion of Light nerf

It's not more more useful, it pushes the crit chance of holy light past what's needed, and most likely results in an overheal. The loss is a very quick, very big heal, but that very quick/big combination was making it far too overpowered in PvP. It's a nerf, and one that was unavoidable and coming.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

The additonal 20% can help keep our mana up cause crit restores mana, but I would take a shorter cast time on HL over HL crit any day.

it's all because PvP ruins the fun for PvE

i can not count the nerfs that we have gotten because of the shitty PvP aspect of the game

"gg, DP anyone?"

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmen

i can not count the nerfs that we have gotten because of the shitty PvP aspect of the game

"gg, DP anyone?"
    Acually that was a huge PVE nerf because we had no regard to mana with it at 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardtopally
    Acually that was a huge PVE nerf because we had no regard to mana with it at 20%.
    And how long did it take Blizzard to realize this? And when they finally did, it was so critical it had to be hotfixed in. They should have seen it from day one... but yes, it was nerfed for PvE.

As far as I can tell, this is their thinking on Infusion of Light.

1) It shouldn't be used with Holy Light.
    2) You shouldn't be able to save it to use when you want.
    3) Solution: Have it be used up when you cast Holy Light or Flash of Light, so it's getting used on your next spell, but the benefit it gives to Holy Light will be so small that it's not really worth talking about.

But then, they originally thought instant-cast holy light from infusion of light that you could hang on to indefinitely was a good idea (and that version *was* overpowered), so who here actually thinks they can balance their abilities even slightly anymore?

i agree 100% that the reduced cast time of HL and FoL is amazing.

but they really need to be more decisive on what they want talents to do.

the way it is now makes sence with giving both spells a reduced cast time

in 3.1 they mix two different types of benefits for the 2 spells. This just seems like too much work for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmen
    People should stop playing holy on arenas. Every time a Holy wins on pvp, a holy loses at pve.
    jk of course