Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    I absolutely love the GRID + Clique combination. It has made me a faster, more efficient healer from the days where I only used the X-pearl frames to do my raid healing. The amount of information that I can receive in such a small area is what does it for me and I can customize that information into areas that I prefer it to be in.

    Only using healbot for a short period of time I cannot comment on it fully. It did seems to have it advantages but I did not like the layout of it and since switching to GRID I have never looked back.

    If you are considering use one or the other I would say allow yourself time to get familiar with both of them and go with the option that you feel suits your style.

  2. #42

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    I use heal bot although i have heard grid+clique does the job just as well.

    I have a bit of an odd question though in relation to grid.. how dependent is it on using different colours to indicate buffs, de-buffs, hots etc rather that icons.. I ask because I'm colourblind and really struggle to differentiate between certain colours. So a system that relies heavily on being able to tell the difference between, green, brown, red, blue, purple etc is a struggle for me.

    Heal bot actually displays the spell icon on the bar so that aint a problem but if grid relys on coloured borders / centres then that would cause no end of entertaining situations for my raid mates im sure
    Well, colors really dont matter that much, unless you want to show +5 things.
    You can just remember what's top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, frame and center
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

    I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

  3. #43
    altruistic
    Guest

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    I think it has been proven to a non biased observer time and time again that grid and clique are not only more functional and customizable but allow you to process information much faster than Healbot and the Blizzard UI.

    People demand an answer why, you give it to them, then the shrug and say whatever I can do that too (when they really cant as efficiently).

    In a .5 second glance you see everything, health, debuffs, stacks of hots dots, range, aggro anything else you could possibly want to customize etc. The information is processed intensely fast because the frame is intensely simple and efficient.

    The people that disagree and say Healbot or Blizzard UI is better are usually the same ones that throw their hands up in the air after 10 minutes of fumbling with Grid and fail to stick it out. They are usually the ones that let that last overheal go off on the MT instead of switching to melee that just got a Frost Blast and is about to die, etc. (add your situation here) . Not to worry the other competent healers probably already picked up the slack. Yet of these gamebreaking things they usually remain unaware and claim they can outheal anyone and so on.

  4. #44

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by altruistic
    I think it has been proven to a non biased observer time and time again that grid and clique are not only more functional and customizable but allow you to process information much faster than Healbot and the Blizzard UI.
    What can Grid do that Healbot cannot? I've asked this already. And recieved no answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by altruistic
    In a .5 second glance you see everything, health, debuffs, stacks of hots dots, range, aggro anything else you could possibly want to customize etc. The information is processed intensely fast because the frame is intensely simple and efficient.
    All this information is present via Healbot. Health, Mana/Rage, aggro, range, hots, debuffs, incoming heals etc. All of it is available "out of the box". It's laughable to suggest it has a speed issues. Healbot has no such problem in my experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by altruistic
    The people that disagree and say Healbot or Blizzard UI is better are usually the same ones that throw their hands up in the air after 10 minutes of fumbling with Grid and fail to stick it out. They are usually the ones that let that last overheal go off on the MT instead of switching to melee that just got a Frost Blast and is about to die, etc. (add your situation here) . Not to worry the other competent healers probably already picked up the slack. Yet of these gamebreaking things they usually remain unaware and claim they can outheal anyone and so on.
    Congratulations on being a sanctimonious asshole. Considering I've healed through pretty much every encounter from TBC onwards, using Healbot alone, dispels the above rubbish.

  5. #45
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    What can Grid do that Healbot cannot? I've asked this already. And recieved no answer.
    Be less clunky, look less retarded, use much less memory, be much more stable in raids, show much more information, show missing buffs.

    tldr: Healbot sucks.

  6. #46
    Brewmaster Nørf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,449

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    I use Grid only for the out of range frames, in my oppinion HealBot and Clique is made for people who cant play their class.

  7. #47

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Im only using grid + decursive for healing and decursing.

    FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen
    Safari: Fighting with Sawk/Mienfoo/Tyrogue
    Ground Gym Leader

  8. #48

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    What information extra can it show? How it looks doesn't bother me. How much memory it uses doesn't bother me. It's stability has never been an issue for me.

  9. #49

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    If you're healing without some kind of healing mod, I'm not bringing you to my raid. Ever. Period.

    True story.
    Been healing in various MMOs since 2001, and never with mods and never had any complaints. With your attitude, I wouldn't want to be in your raid anyway. You sound like one of those elitist jackasses who treats WoW like a job.

  10. #50
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    What information extra can it show? How it looks doesn't bother me. How much memory it uses doesn't bother me. It's stability has never been an issue for me.
    You're one of those who rather drive a Ford than a Lamborghini, even if both were free and available.

    Essentially both can drive, which seems enough for you.

  11. #51

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Not exactly the best anology. Considering NO ONE has yet to provide some kind of list of what kind of information Grid provides that Healbot does not. All I'm hearing is some Grid elitism, not any actual data. As for appearance, I find Healbot much clearer. Grid is just squeezed together cubes whereas Healbot actual presents the health bars.

  12. #52
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    I see you're yet to understand the concept of grid.

    If you first decide how to heal after you see a health bar change, you're doing it wrong.

  13. #53

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Er, okay?
    Considering most the spells I cast are instants (barring Gheal), I don't see how you can do it any other way.

  14. #54
    altruistic
    Guest

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    What can Grid do that Healbot cannot? I've asked this already. And recieved no answer.
    Well aside from allowing you to add new buffs and debuffs (and customize how you want them to appear) , which is critical for new encounters, its efficiency in design allows the user to process more information faster. Meaning after just glancing at the frame you are able to get a better sense of whats happening around you faster and react appropriately with less time wasted.

  15. #55

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Sorry the only debuffs I care about are the ones that I can dispel/abolish, which Healbot handles perfectly well. The same goes for Buffs. I can only cast two (three come 3.1), and Healbot shows who has them and who does not. As for stuff like PoM, PW:S and Renew, again Healbot works.

    As I've already said too, never had a problem with the speed of it.

  16. #56
    altruistic
    Guest

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Sorry the only debuffs I care about are the ones that I can dispel/abolish, which Healbot handles perfectly well. The same goes for Buffs. I can only cast two (three come 3.1), and Healbot shows who has them and who does not. As for stuff like PoM, PW:S and Renew, again Healbot works.
    Healbot doesn't stay up to date with encounters as they are released. There's plenty of debuffs on new encounters you don't see and when it counts and your trying to progress as guild is when that hurts the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    As I've already said too, never had a problem with the speed of it.
    That you know of. Keep fighting this though.

  17. #57

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Sorry the only debuffs I care about are the ones that I can dispel/abolish, which Healbot handles perfectly well.
    fail You should care of every debuff who does Dmg to the target even u cant remove it.. it may not be important right now but there will be certain bosses ,like Eredar twins oder KJ where u should see who is affected by a Debuff.

    I dont know Healbot but if healbot cant handle/add new Debuffs, Grid wins for progression raids.

  18. #58

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    I'm fighting nothing. You're the one claiming it isn't as fast, yet providing no data to back this up.

    Yes, adding the debuffs IS something Healbot lacks. Hurrah for someone actually posting something that isn't "OMG THIS ONE IS BETTER BECOZ I SAIDS SO".

    I guess my only counter argument is that typically it is updated quickly, and you can still dispel/abolish via Healbot - you'd just have to look out for the debuffs yourself and not wait for the typical alert.

  19. #59

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    fail You should care of every debuff who does Dmg to the target even u cant remove it.. it may not be important right now but there will be certain bosses ,like Eredar twins oder KJ where u should see who is affected by a Debuff.

    I dont know Healbot but if healbot cant handle/add new Debuffs, Grid wins for progression raids.
    Never bothered me. On KJ, for example, other mods such as DBM would warn you when say someone had the fire debuff. Same applied for Felmyst's encapsulate etc.

  20. #60

    Re: Healbot vs. Grid+Clique

    Do any Grid users know if you can sort the player icons by Class?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •