Cooldown is overrated...

I just thought of a new boss ability

Enfeebling Aura: Forbidden the use of any ability with a cooldown of over 45 seconds, including items and trinkets.

Meaning the raid must fight the boss without heroism, last stand, guardian spirit, etc, basically no oshit button at all.

Thoughts?

Re: Cooldown is overrated...

The problem with that is that it would mean you would end up just stacking the classes that work best without their cooldowns.

A boss that gives me an excuse to be lazy and not time CDs? Brilliant!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thanator
    The problem with that is that it would mean you would end up just stacking the classes that work best without their cooldowns.
    if any guilds recruite lot of 1 class who got highest dmg with under 45 sec CD then i will make a char on that server just to /facepalm.
    what retarded guilds recruit 10 of 1 class for 1 boss?
    this isnt like a whole raid omfg... even then it would be retarded.

i dont see the problem when ppl saying: but they taking my spot!
    if your guild recruit lot of 1 class because it's the best then theire stupid, blizz will balance it somewhat in pve and then u would end up with a full raid of same classes needing on same gear and with 0 buff variety it will suck hard...

so if u go: they take my spot!
    then u get new guild or u suck so hard that ure replaced just because the other guy is a specific class.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by TehManifest
    I just thought of a new boss ability

Enfeebling Aura: Forbidden the use of any ability with a cooldown of over 45 seconds, including items and trinkets.

Meaning the raid must fight the boss without heroism, last stand, guardian spirit, etc, basically no oshit button at all.

Thoughts?
    people would engage the fights with CDs up.
    then what? a boss where you can't cast? a boss where you can't do white dmg?

i think a better choice would be no CDs above 4 or 5 min. so that way people get their 3 min CDs, no ohshi buttons and no heroism. and they get to use trinkets. CDs make classes. where would mages be without mirror image to save their hides or IV and arcane power? where would a warrior be without blood thirst or bladestorm?(6 seconds is still a CD), without whirlwind, shammys without storm strike, paladins without judging.

a 5-40 second CD is still a CCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

Well... if this is the case to make the boss "hard" make him hit the tank for 80% or 90% of
    they're total HP then instantly after that the tank gets hit 10k dmg, this ability has a cast time.

Basicly the idea is to have the OT taunt before the 10k damage hits.

This+ the Aura would be nice so you will be awake and heal the tank ASAP!! or precast your heals so
    the tank willl stay alive if OT fails!

Just my idea dont flame me!

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    if any guilds recruite lot of 1 class who got highest dmg with under 45 sec CD then i will make a char on that server just to /facepalm.
    what retarded guilds recruit 10 of 1 class for 1 boss?
    this isnt like a whole raid omfg... even then it would be retarded.

i dont see the problem when ppl saying: but they taking my spot!
    if your guild recruit lot of 1 class because it's the best then theire stupid, blizz will balance it somewhat in pve and then u would end up with a full raid of same classes needing on same gear and with 0 buff variety it will suck hard...

so if u go: they take my spot!
    then u get new guild or u suck so hard that ure replaced just because the other guy is a specific class.
    same guild that forces all their raiders to go leatherworking?
    It's just a game.

How about a boss that puts a 1 minute linked cooldown on all healing spells? Pretty cool idea, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hargrimm
    How about a boss that puts a 1 minute linked cooldown on all healing spells? Pretty cool idea, huh?

the boss would have to do very little dmg
    or miss alot

at least healers can act like dps for awhile
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by Hargrimm
    *cough* reliquary of souls phase 1 *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Farfadet
    *cough* reliquary of souls phase 1 *cough*
    Someone never fought RoS before...

1 min linked CD is naxx40 Loatheb's ability

Quote Originally Posted by TehManifest
    Someone never fought RoS before...

1 min linked CD is naxx40 Loatheb's ability
    lol it's quite a bit less than 1 minute and it's not a cooldown, it just makes heal spells not heal

He said Naxx 40, not Naxx 10/25.

Some people are just unaware. :-*

new boss:

immune to ALL player damage but can still be weakened eg: demo shout, frost fever, sunder armor, silence, slow.. etc etc etc.
    when boss engaged the room players are in has a damaging aura (like saph fight) this aura also damages the boss...
    boss casts single target and aoe spells that can be interrupted and has regular threat table.
    every 30 seconds? spawns some sort of resonating crystal. silencing the entire raid while up, it lives for 10 seocnds then explodes for X damage or you can just kill it

the fight is basically survive for 6 minutes.... hard mode - do not destroy any crystals - strat? 24 healers and 1 tank.

ps: hard mode is bugged because crystals killing themselves counts as destroying a crystal... will be resolved in a future patch.
    It's just a game.

I like the idea of 24 heals and one tank

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    I like the idea of 24 heals and one tank
    enrage timers are a bitch

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders