Lag Issues with Dps.

Gooooooood Dayyy everyone. A query about lag issues with dps. I was bored last night after our naxx raid so i was going to test out my dps on dummys because i was annoyed with how i went in the raid.

I was specced Destro for raid as usual because i love it :P And was pulling around 3.5k dps (except on Anub but i think that was recount glitch cos it said me n other warlock did 6.2k dps lol). I was laggin a little during the fight and couldn't get my casts properly sequenced so that screwed up my dps a bit.

After raid i went respecced affliction and went to dummy's to see how i would go and was gettin around 2.3k dps steadily and couldn't seem to get higher than that. But then i went to destro again and got easy steady 2.5k dps+ on dummys... With lag does it majorly affect Affliction dps more than destro? Because if so then i need to sort out my UI quick smart so i dont get cpu lag :P

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ssan&n=Elzaros

Armory Link ^^ comments would be just dandy :P

Re: Lag Issues with Dps.

Yes, affliction suffers from lag more than a nuke spec.

But, I would venture that some the problem with your initial affliction experience could be chalked up to not being familiar with the playstyle. As a point of reference, I pull 1k dps naked on the level 80 target dummy, with only fel armor and a felhunter for buffs.

Thats what i thought to, but I've played affliction before in raids and about 2 weeks ago i was pulling around 2.2k dps on Dummy's with affliction. Now i've geared up a bit more and i've only increased dps by 100.. just doesn't seem right :P

I'll just try n get my lag fixed up XD

Also pandemic only ticks for 1 on dummies.

lag is very bad for affliction

You gave us an armory profile, and a short, undetailed description of what you did. You wanted to know if lag effects affli more than it does destro. Short answer would be yes, but there's alot of other things in perspective, like the level of the target dummy (if it isn't the 83+ dummy, pandemic is useless), weird talent spec, personal mistakes, spilling coffee over your favourite shirt, etc.
    Next time some level of details would be nice

Main reason i showed my armory was so you could see my gear. My spec keeps changing at the moments as i am playing around with it quite a bit. The target was of course lvl 83+ dummy because no point testing on anything else. Im doin 25mans... there would be zero reason to test out dps on a lvl 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros
    The target was of course lvl 83+ dummy because no point testing on anything else. Im doin 25mans... there would be zero reason to test out dps on a lvl 60.
    The level 60 and 70 dummies give you a no-miss environment, which is presumably the environment that you raid in.

So do the lvl 83.. as i am hit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros
    So do the lvl 83.. as i am hit capped.
    No you're not
    Not on your own atleast. Unless every time you test on 83+ dummy you got a boomkin/sp with you, and still you'd miss out on .1% hit.
    EDIT: also your affliction spells have a 2.1% miss chance in best case scenario, 5.1% on your own