Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Recently went disc... advice please

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    Divine Aegieses (totally not a word <.< ...Aegi?)
    Close enough:

aegis (plural aegises or aegides)

My gut would have said aegi too, but wiktionary knows better than my gut
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

To the Original Poster: With Rapture going through the floor as it is, I'd say best things to gem/enchant would be Int above all else (who gems solid crit, even before this, with Kings, Int gave more).

Int, then Spellpower/mp5 gems.

With spirit getting the nerf (see: again) it won't be worth anything to you anyways other than what DS+MotW+Kings will give you. Not worth it after that point.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I don't think that spirit is useless at all for disc. In fact, even with no time at all spent outside the 5SR I reckon that it's getting very close to pure mp5. Remember that the regen from one point of spi increases as your int goes up.

I haven't seen any cloth gear with mp5 from Ulduar either, and I don't think that it will be a good idea to avoid spirit and only pick up mp5 rings, cloaks etc. Stack int, but some spirit won't hurt at all.

Assumptions:

- 2.5 spirit costs as many itemization points as 1 mp5.

- The regen formula is sqrt(int)*spi*0.005575*0.6 mana per second.

I don't know if there has been any new breakthroughs regarding these assumptions, but I couldn't find any.

Ordinary spirit regen:

2.5 spirit with Enlightenment and Kings becomes 2.9 spirit.

Raidbuffed int Value of 2.9 spirit
    1000 1.53 regen = 0.77 mp5
    1500 1.88 regen = 0.94 mp5
    1600 1.94 regen = 0.97 mp5
    1700 2.00 regen = 1.00 mp5

So, get 1700 int and you don't need to be outside the 5SR at all for spirit to beat mp5. With a somewhat more realistic 1500 int you only need to spend 6.4% of your time outside it to benefit more from spirit anyway.

Special case - gems:

The current gems value 3 mp5 as highly as 8 spirit. 1 mp5 is therefor worth 3.09 raidbuffed spirit in gem itemization points.

Raidbuffed int Value of 3.09 spirit
    1400 1.94 regen = 0.97 mp5
    1500 2.00 regen = 1.00 mp5

Don't gem mp5.

;D Thanks again for all the great advice <3 I will look into getting my crit up asap. Maybe regem for more intel. I do not raid as much as I'd like, have only done like 3 quaters of heroic naxx tbh : I did pick up a few new pieces this week and I am enjoying disc alot I think I will stay with it a few more weeks till 3.1 goes live then see how the changes are. Thank you so much for taking the time to help this lil n00b ;D

Tigs <3
    Make the most of your self, for that's all there is of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigluena
    ;D Thanks again for all the great advice <3 I will look into getting my crit up asap. Maybe regem for more intel. I do not raid as much as I'd like, have only done like 3 quaters of heroic naxx tbh : I did pick up a few new pieces this week and I am enjoying disc alot I think I will stay with it a few more weeks till 3.1 goes live then see how the changes are. Thank you so much for taking the time to help this lil n00b ;D

Tigs <3
    Be sure to get crit from gear/enchants, but only gem Intellect. Pure Intellect gives you 72% (With Mental Strength/Blessing of Kings) of the value of Pure Crit, but it also gives you a bigger mana pool, higher Rapture, larger Replenishment gains, a stronger shadowfiend; the list goes on.

Question about gemming, what do you put in red or blue sockets? suppose socket bonus is either spirit or spell power? For yellow, can I assume intel gems to be the obvious?

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    Question about gemming, what do you put in red or blue sockets? suppose socket bonus is either spirit or spell power? For yellow, can I assume intel gems to be the obvious?

If socket bonuses are worth it (spirit usually isn't, Int Crit and Spellpower may be worth it, your mileage may vary), red I'd go with a Spellpower/Int or solid spellpower, blue I'd toss up between int/mp5, int/spirit, although most commonly just solid int.