Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Patch 3.1 Proto-Drake Mounts, Blue Posts

and if killed, drops gray items and 17 silver.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

The changes to Nitro Boosts and Flexweave Underlay on PTR to add crit and agility respectively:
    http://www.crusaderaura.com/?p=288

15+ Year Old Account

"We put a lot more faith in actual numbers generated on the PTR."

Maybe it's just me, I think now we know why blizzard has so many issues with classes You can't possibly balance classes when their are people who want to see their own class on top and don't really care about being on equal ground with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    The crit on boots need to be in the order of 30 rating above what is offered as the same slot for them to actually make the profession worthwhile. Same for the cloak enchant.
    The thing is, Engineering doesn't really offer anything (mailbox still has a cumbersome cooldown and there's a repair vendor outside every instance, not to mention that the engineering-only consumables aren't worth their material cost). And to a previous poster, no the goggles aren't very good - they're just more accessible for people who do not regularly kill Kel'Thuzad on either difficulty.
    I agree with you, and this is from somebody who dropped Armorsmithing for Engineering when they released that fantastic Force Reactive Disk (Which I never did get). My basic point being that the Boot Tinker and the goggles are OK starting points, but need work to be really competitive. The cloak enchant is a big letdown. I was hoping for goggle upgrades in Ulduar. The place is full of Titan tech, so a Titansteel Goggle Tier 2 wouldn't be out of the question. It seems they are holding off on that or not doing it at all.

But then I was waiting for most of BC for an upgrade to the Dragonling (or any of the combat "pets": Sheep, Harvest Reaper, etc), Discombobulator, Reflectors, EZ-throw dynamite, Mind Control Cap, Deep Dive Helmet, Shrink Ray, Death Ray, Cloaking Device, Target Dummy, Flash Bomb or Universal Remote. Effects drop off after level 60 and we don't get a replacement? Thanks. Would it have killed them to give us a Fel Cannon, Mini-Fel Reaver or Khorium Nether Dragon? A Discombobulator that turns a player into a Broken? Where are my crazy whacked out trinkets that fill up a toolbox with something that isn't more motes or Ichors of Undeath? I'd like gem slots on the trinkets, but I'm not greedy. One gray slot no socket bonus.

Things I would like to see for Engineering:

• More of the stuff I just mentioned. Skip the Broken Transmogrifier, make the new one turn your target into a Mechagnome. Add more gimmick grenades. For instance, a Blight Bomb that releases a short acting cloud of yellow poison as Drakuru does when you fight him. I loved the Arcane Bomb, upgrade that.
    • A daily quest system. Something where your trainer (Goblin or Gnomish) in Dalaran gives you a mission to upgrade an existing recipe. Like so: "I'd love to make a Gnomish Cloaking Device that worked up here in Northrend, but the wind whips through you when you are cloaked. Bring me two Cloaking Devices, one cloak of any type and five arctic furs." We can either end it there or add a second step where the quest guy hands you the device and asks you to test it a few times. Boom. Daily quest. That wasn't so hard. Repeat with existing engineering devices and ore/leather/gems from Northrend. You get GEEK (Or MEGA) Inventor Commendations. You spend them with your guy to get upgraded engineering stuff.
    • Modify the failure system: from here on out, things only fail if you have below a determined level of engineering. Yes, non-engineers can use engineering gadgets. Keep the Goggles BoP, I do like an "Engineering Badge" but every dang thing you make shouldn't be engineer only. Especially with the death of ammo somewhere on the horizon.
    • Clean up the recipe list. There are what, three "Misc" headings? I can't find a thing in there without that wide profession window add-on.
    • Faction Recipes. I want to grind faction with people for things other than Arcanums and the odd bit of plate armor. Holy Hand Grenade from the Argents is almost a no brainer. An upgraded flame thrower or dragonling from Wyrmrest. A weak Warstomp-style Boot Tinker (+AP Passive) from the Sons. A weapon tinker (Gyroscopes that increase +hit and Dodge?) from the Knights of the Ebon Blade. I'm making this up off of the top of my head as I am typing this.

In short, passive buffs from the tinkers are good. These bonuses (bonii?) are barely acceptable. If there are upgraded versions, that is great as long as they don't drop from Arthas. This profession still has a long way to go until it is even half as useful to the player as any of the non-Gathering professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lôgös
    well..they are already selling sarth 3d drake mount+title on my realm...they started selling them a while ago for like 15k
    People are so greedy and pathetic.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

GIME IRONBOUND-DRAKE!
    damn that one is AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    The crit on boots need to be in the order of 30 rating above what is offered as the same slot for them to actually make the profession worthwhile. Same for the cloak enchant.
    The thing is, Engineering doesn't really offer anything (mailbox still has a cumbersome cooldown and there's a repair vendor outside every instance, not to mention that the engineering-only consumables aren't worth their material cost). And to a previous poster, no the goggles aren't very good - they're just more accessible for people who do not regularly kill Kel'Thuzad on either difficulty.
    But the helm isnt even tuned to that. As a plate wearer the BoE blacksmithing armor is head and shoulders above the BoP eng goggles because the tuned the goggles to be a level 72 epic not a level 80. What would be nice though is for Ulduar to drop upgrade schematics like Sunwell did. They would kinda make sense coming out of Ulduar anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana
    People are so greedy and pathetic.
    Or... People are so greedy, stupid and crap that they want a mount they cant earn them self. :

Quote Originally Posted by wanax
    But the helm isnt even tuned to that. As a plate wearer the BoE blacksmithing armor is head and shoulders above the BoP eng goggles because the tuned the goggles to be a level 72 epic not a level 80. What would be nice though is for Ulduar to drop upgrade schematics like Sunwell did. They would kinda make sense coming out of Ulduar anyway.
    And you'll need 440 engineering to craft a lvl 72 gear. Except for alts, I don't see a main toon leveling engineering to 440 before 72 (and even after that in a way that a 5-man drop + belt tinker wouldn't be better, thx to mats needed).

Yes, the BoE dps plate helm is way ahead the goggles, for the same "level 440 in profession" and also better than some Tier helms/Raid drops. Even after the nerf.

Actually, I would only change mine for the Obsidian one. And I don't even need to be Blacksmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Tree of Life in PvP
    We like the tree in PvP. We changed mechanics in LK such as the self-snare to make the tree more reasonable, but we don't think it's quite there yet. We imagined two different defensive styles -- the traditional hot and run approach or going into (or staying as) Tree of Life for a more stand-there-and-take-it tactic. The problem, we think, is that the tree isn't survivable enough now and the cost of shifting in and out of tree is a little high. (Source)
    Unless things have changed since i played my warlock cant you just banish a tree?

I was just thinking that if even half of the people that play WOW took the time to be as constructive in their suggestions as ninjasuperspy I can't even imagine how much better the game would be. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos
    Unless things have changed since i played my warlock cant you just banish a tree?
    That is my second favorite thing to do in PVP. Right after Flash Bombing a Cat/Bear/Cheetah (you were going WHERE with that flag?). I wonder if Flash Bombs work on Flight form? Anybody know a druid?

Yea a rogue in my guild has a screen shot of some nub druid trying to run the flag in tree form lol.

PTR realms will be taken down for maintenance today at 12:00pm PST.

This thread will be updated when the realms become available again, thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos
    You know they're talking about the druid playing DEFENSIVELY, right? As in, GETTING HIT. How is a 10 second DI bad for the druid if he's taking damage?

And yes, as it's been since patch 2.0, Tree of Life is an Elemental. That means no polymorph, yes to banish, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ninjasuperspy
    That is my second favorite thing to do in PVP. Right after Flash Bombing a Cat/Bear/Cheetah (you were going WHERE with that flag?). I wonder if Flash Bombs work on Flight form? Anybody know a druid?
    Nope, flight form is immune to (almost all) CC, like all mounts.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    Except for some of the Goggles and a few "eng enchants", Engineering isn't that bad.
    Oh yes it is.
    Only people who are not engineers would ever say it´s not that bad.
    The goggles were goo in BC, as a BS I can make a BOE helm that´s better for almost all classes/specs.
    The engineering enchants are all worse then the standard enchants.

Right now this is how good the professions are.

BS
    JC
    -
    -
    REST
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Tailoring
    Engineering

BS only get more absurd when you take into consideraton that the sockets are unaffected by new gear so will unlike JC for example be just as good in 5 months as it is today.

Tailoring and Engineering offer nothing of value but atleast Tailoring offer some decsent pre raiding stuff which is why I rank it above Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Xaria
    Or... People are so greedy, stupid and crap that they want a mount they cant earn them self. :
    Yep, basically, the greedy ones are the ones selling the 25 man slot for 15K gold and the pathetic ones are the ones that feel the need to pay it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheMode
    Oh yes it is.
    Only people who are not engineers would ever say it´s not that bad.
    The goggles were goo in BC, as a BS I can make a BOE helm that´s better for almost all classes/specs.
    The engineering enchants are all worse then the standard enchants.

Right now this is how good the professions are.

BS
    JC
    -
    -
    REST
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Tailoring
    Engineering

BS only get more absurd when you take into consideraton that the sockets are unaffected by new gear so will unlike JC for example be just as good in 5 months as it is today.

Tailoring and Engineering offer nothing of value but atleast Tailoring offer some decsent pre raiding stuff which is why I rank it above Engineering
    Your rankings are fail. I agree tailoring and engineering are at the bottom but other than that the profession are almost 100% identical for stats.

any word on how the mounts will be earned? i know they added some ground mounts but no info on that either hwo they will be earned by people....

tailoring
    offers 300g worth enchants for 2 gold price, a unique-looking mount (nothing as crap as lolcopter) unique (tho usless ) cloak enchants and tones and tones of gold.
    it is way ahead of engineering
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.