Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow Priest Dps On the target Dummy

Thats fine but you should have a set for when you don't have a dranei in the group which will occur at times I would presume.

In addition relying on the dranei in your group can be bad, particularly if they have a habit of dying quite a bit... you're probably better off to ignore the dranei buff, hit is a very effecient stat and you don't necessarily have to lose much sp/crit/haste to be hit capped.

True, consider the amount of damage you lose if Devouring Plague is resisted.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm hitting around 2400-2500 on the heroic one solo, using shadowfiend... I'm really interested in a little help on how to raise this. My gear isnt that bad, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    For a starters, my gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...est&n=Pewpants

Screenshot of recount details:

Any help apreatiated. It's not bad dps, but I have an idea that I can do better?

Kind regards.

3.2k on target dummy, 5.6-5.7 on patchwerk

Luthi, could you link your armory? I just want to get a look at your gear and spec, see if it is gear or my rotation I need to work on.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm doing 5900 dps on dummy, 9921 on Patchwerk over the course of 44 minutes. I didn't make the numbers up. They are totally legit, same as few before my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Luthi, could you link your armory? I just want to get a look at your gear and spec, see if it is gear or my rotation I need to work on.
    Absolutely.

WWS

Armory.

Keep in mind, as per the above poster, I made all of this up.

Edited for failing at [url] tags.

I wasn't actually referring to you in my sarcastic post.

3.2k on target dummy, 5.6-5.7 on patchwerk

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=L%C3%A9louch
    http://wowwebstats.com/lebor4kuqy5bs?s=454690-490015

Are you just getting lucky with RNG? I'm darn close to have best in slot all around and i believe I'm not a scrub spriest yet i can't break the 5k mark on patch. I m shooting about 3 k on dummies.

care to help a brother out? =]

Your fight lasted 30 seconds longer. Heroism uptime is lower. Your swp deals less damage, are you sure you casted it after having 5x SW up?

Despite the fact that my fight was 30 seconds shorter, I actually did 9 more mind flay ticks than you.

If you did a proportional number of mind flay ticks to me, my napkin math states that you would have done approximately 350 dps more.

I actually spoke to another shadow priest on my server recently that was doing about 50% my mind flays and was seeing an 1100 dps decrease despite having good dot uptime / mind blast cooldowns.

The most easiest and most effective way to reduce your dps is by standing still not doing anything.

are you sure you casted it after having 5x SW up?
    I'm sure i did unless i brain farted.

Despite the fact that my fight was 30 seconds shorter, I actually did 9 more mind flay ticks than you.

If you did a proportional number of mind flay ticks to me, my napkin math states that you would have done approximately 350 dps more.

I actually spoke to another shadow priest on my server recently that was doing about 50% my mind flays and was seeing an 1100 dps decrease despite having good dot uptime / mind blast cooldowns.

The most easiest and most effective way to reduce your dps is by standing still not doing anything.
    Well i guess ill work on that but i can assure i don't stand still at all. I guess i've been focusing too much on dot uptime and keeping Mb on cooldown.

http://wowwebstats.com/c6oqqe2ydknco...=200673-236857

4.7k last patchy, idk whats holding me back from hitting 5k; maybe its just my gear level or something..........

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by riggs77
    I'm sure i did unless i brain farted.

Well i guess ill work on that but i can assure i don't stand still at all. I guess i've been focusing too much on dot uptime and keeping Mb on cooldown.
    First of all I would say that, imo, you have way too much haste, and could probably itemize to lose some and pick up crit w/o losing any spell power. But beyond that highly debatable point I would say that many people do not consider the small amounts of time that creep up at certain intervals in our "rotation" important...but those half seconds add up over the course of the fight. So while it generally may be a good idea to not cast anything rather than cast MB or DP a second late, there will be dps penalty if you are being TOO cautious. All that to say- concentrating too much on mb cd's and dots could be a cause of the problem...another cause could b latency issues or poor fps....from experience with playing on different comps I can assure you that running below 10 fps will make your character cry. Also keep in mind that several of these parses contain spriests that receive a little extra love...whether it be pi, focus magic, or tott. There was even one posted earlier that had a guy that got to use 2 potions...I would like to learn that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorNoob
    i saw a fury warrior duel weilding the Armageddon ...

he invited me to the party he had blessing of might buff and thats it .. he did ...

8.5k dps and this is not a lie
    Was the target dummy at 1 hp? Was it the heroic target dummy? You can execute spam those guys.