UBA now effects all damage

i cant tell if the sound i hear in the background is a hymm of angels singing in perfect harmony or the onrushing torrent of tears this will cause as soon as the other classes figure out what that is going to mean for the generally lackluster frost knight survivability.....

either way....it is beautifull
    all hail king frost strike

Deleted

Re: UBA now effects all damage

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    i cant tell if the sound i hear in the background is a hymm of angels singing in perfect harmony or the onrushing torrent of tears this will cause as soon as the other classes figure out what that is going to mean for the generally lackluster frost knight survivability.....
    I suppose you mean PvP. PvE survivability for frost tanks got hit again by nerfbat. On live Frost Presence reduces spelldamage taken by 15%. In the last PTR build it was 10%. Now on this patch it's only 5% and the Imp. Frost Presence got nerfed to hell too..

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    I suppose you mean PvP. PvE survivability for frost tanks got hit again by nerfbat. On live Frost Presence reduces spelldamage taken by 15%. In the last PTR build it was 10%. Now on this patch it's only 5% and the Imp. Frost Presence got nerfed to hell too..
    yes. PvP was where i was going with that. currently in pvp frost knights lack a little in survivability because of the lack of bone armor and the third diseases effect on deathstrike, or all the nifty blood self heals save rune tap. UBA just emerged however as an amazing pvp cooldown. thats about 1200-1300 lopped off every attack. which is enough to break rogues, and severely cripple unholy DKs and retadins, some of the toughest challenges to the average frost knight, owing to being a little bit more vulnerable to burst for the aforementioned reasons

I don't actually PvP but doesn't stuff like hungering cold and endless winter give frost more control instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I don't actually PvP but doesn't stuff like hungering cold and endless winter give frost more control instead?
    control yes, in fact hungering cold being off cooldown is pretty much the only way to beat an unholy DK who has just burned either summon gargoyle or MoB. slapping em with it and running the hell away till either MoB runs out or the gargoyle is RP starved. but control isnt the same thing as shear mitigation/survability. generally, thats considered the trade you make speccing frost. but with the other trees getting burst buffed, and frost PvP and PvE mitigation taking a shot with the recent lichborn change, i guess they felt we deserved some slack

Just wish they would take the easy path and simply disabling some abileties or changing their function when entering pvp situation so that they dont have to destroy a pve tree to better suit the demands of pvp, either that or remove pvp from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Frost presence was changed to recuce ALL damge by 5%...not just magic damage by 10% (15% on live).

Imp. Frost Presence was changed to reduce ALL damage by 1,2%...not just magic damage by 2,4% (or resists as on live).

So, our ability to survive hard hitting magic based attacks went down (i.e. breath weapons)...but our survivability against everything else went up.

Zomg, we'll have to use anti-magic shell now?

Frost presence and blade barrier are going to have a bit more synergy now, as well as imp frost presence.
    Now not only do DKs have some of the highest armor in the game they are also gaining more physical mitigation to keep up with all the other tank classes, 10% for Blood and UH, 12% for Frost, while indeed our spell damage mitigation took a bit of a hit it isn't as bad as it looks with all the cooldowns in one tree or another.
    Personally I'm starting to have hope with the direction the PTR is heading, Blizz may have removed 10% avoidance, but they gave us 10% mitigation back, a fair little trade of that puts us in line with the other tanks without destroying our flavor completely.
    Yes magic mitigation was nerfed, but I can't say I didn't see it coming, 15% was a lot from frost presence only, with 6% from unholy, 4% from the enchant and 2% from the meta UH DKs would have stood on some ridiculously high numbers, way higher then any other tank class could dream of, Unholy DKs will still have the best magic mitigation of all classes and specs after this change, but it won't be so huge any more.

I would rather we were more in line with the other tanks for all encounters than worse at most encounters but the best at say sath 3 drakes