Thread: T8 Bonuses:

T8 Bonuses:

Dps:

Item - Death Knight T8 Melee 2P Bonus (Class: Death Knight) -- Increases the critical strike chance of Death Coil and Frost Strike by 5%.

Item - Death Knight T8 Melee 4P Bonus (Class: Death Knight) -- Increases the bonus damage done per disease by 20% on Blood Strike, Heart Strike, Obliterate, and Scourge Strike.

Tanking:

Item - Death Knight T8 Tank 2P Bonus (Class: Death Knight) -- Increases the damage done by Rune Strike by 5%.

Item - Death Knight T8 Tank 4P Bonus (Class: Death Knight) -- Anti-magic shell also grants you 10% reduction to physical damage taken.

Dps Set is sick...can SS get any more buffs in one patch before it explodes? The way it looks atm means both the 2pc and the 4pc bonuses will be good for you no matter what spec you are.

Tanking set is...bleh. The 2pc is definitely an improvement over what we have now...but it's pretty crap at 5%...whats that 80-90 extra dmg...The 4pc is horrible. I guess it gives a reason to pop AMS against non-caster bosses/mobs, but I would much rather keep the +3sec to IBF duration personally.

Re: T8 Bonuses:

I really like the newest DK DPS changes. The T8 set bonuses are decent... The 2 piece T7 bonus was awesome, but the T8 one is lol..

In comparison to the druid bonuses, DK bonuses are not only weak but also boring. For most specs T7 bonuses are way better than T8 bonuses. The only bonus that's actually a decent upgrade is 2 piece tank, 5% Rune Strike damage isn't bad and so much better than 5% PS crit.

I like the t8 dps 4/5 set bonus.
    I am blood atm and i am ussing obliterate 2-3 times in my rotations and heart strike 4-6 times so i am happy that all my attacks will get benefit from t8 bonus
    Also i am happy that the 4/5 set bonus is officialy the noob diseaseles specc death.Yes it might needs imba gear to support it but best gear is only difficult to take atm in game only if you are low rank in your guild or don't have enough dkp time to play according to the class desigh or leave it
    Also this is another ptr patch where is nothink about ebon plaguebringer bug fix i am sure they will make also fly mounts able to swim and after they might fix this bug if they ever decide to fix it ofc .........sigh

So you guys do not like the dps set bonuses?

Am I missing something? A maximum of 30 extra RP generation is better than higher damage on 2-3 abilities per rotation? Considering that RP is only enough to squeeze out one extra FS/DC every 2 rotations.

5% crit on 2 abilities which can only be used a maximum of 3 times every other rotation is better than 5% crit on abilities that are used 2-3 times every rotation?

I agree, it's an awesome bonus...both are...for dps. Both tank bonuses are pretty lackluster...but both dps bonuses are awesome and are an improvement over the T7 bonuses.

Both DPS bonuses are really nice, and affect all specs which is pro.
    The tank set bonuses leave me wanting, the 5% extra crit on Rune strike is nice, but not special, the side effect to AMS makes it useful on bosses that don't have any magic damage so you could use it as more physical mitigation, or it can be useful on magic bosses as well, example would be Sartharion, you use AMS, absorb a breath and then the next melee swing of his, if it lands, will do 10% less damage as well.
    Both tank bonuses are well, nifty, but hardly what I had in mind.

5% crit on 2 abilities which can only be used a maximum of 3 times every other rotation is better than 5% crit on abilities that are used 2-3 times every rotation?
    Crit is good, but when it stacks, it's better. The T7 bonuses were better because you had a bunch of talents that increased your chance to crit with those same abilities even further. Take an Unholy DPS DK for example. With talents, they have +14% crit chance with SS and another 5% from T7, making it 19%.

If the T8 bonus was crit chance and crit damage, it would be more appealing and we'd see a lot more 2H Frost DPS DKs.

I can see why they put in the 2 piece bonuses, but 5% more crit to frost strike which sits at 60% crit in raids anyway seems a bit odd.

Can't complain too much i guess

Both the set effects for dps benefit blood the most(with Manual and automatic DCs ontop of the glyph and Morbidity), Frost 2h being a close second(with Obliterates and Frost Strikes). At least the effects "benefit" dw a bit(the 20% extra damage from dises for moves that aren't used in DW's rotations[cept for Blood Strike, and it's just to get Death Runes as frost or Unholy], meh, but the DC bonus is nice going along with the new glyph for Death Coil, making it a powerful RP burner for DW)

The Rune Strike bonus in the tanking one is a lot better than the PS:

1. You are going to use a lot more Rune Strikes than Plague Strikes (yes even after our avoidance nerf) and this adds up.
    2. Even if it's just a low damage bonus, Rune Strike still gives extra threat.

The AMS bonus is tottaly crap. 10% reduction for 5 seconds is bullshit. And if it's not gonna give you RP for the DMG absorbed then it's even more nonesense.

The DPS ones are nice, something for every spec.

The dps set bonuses are a bit weaker for Unholy than T7, but in general a buff for the class itself. But then again, the T7 bonuses were pretty OP for Unholy. An extra 5% crit on a ability that accounts for 20-30% of your damage, and was something that Unholy DK's tried to spam with every single rune usage outside of being forced to use blood strike every other rotation was very nice. And 4pc? That bonus itself is responsible for a 150-200dps increase for me. Pretty OP honestly.

The tank bonuses are a bit better than T7 was.

idk i like the 4p T8 bonus I think they are sick for unholy.I think the 20% per disease is HUGE especially when unholy has 3 of then.... thats something like 29% more dmg per disease plus the outbreak talent that increases that by another 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by zahbohra
    idk i like the 4p T8 bonus I think they are sick for unholy.I think the 20% per disease is HUGE especially when unholy has 3 of then.... thats something like 29% more dmg per disease plus the outbreak talent that increases that by another 20%.
    That is an overestimation of the benefit of the 4pcT8. Quoting from EJ:

Originally Posted by Hidden
    No 4T8: 27% bonus damage, 127% of diseaseless damage total
    4T8: 32.4% bonus damage, 132.4% of diseaseless damage total
    Total damage difference: 132.4%/127%=1.0425=104.25%

So it's an increase of only 4.25% total SS damage.
    Let's examine 4pc T7 for Unholy then- yes these numbers are a bit out of my ass, but should be reasonably close: my DC hits for something like 2200/4400 noncrit/crit with something like a 28% crit rate raid buffed. I think both sets of numbers are higher than that in actuality, but I'm being conservative.

(2200*.72)+(4400*.28)= 2816 average damage. With 4pc T7 you can fit an extra DC in every 20 secs. 2816/20= 140.8 dps. On top of that, I can generally continue casting DC's and refreshing UB pretty regularly while Gargoyle is up, whereas without it, I generally had to be very careful managing my RP while the poo-flinging flying monkey was up.