Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Did the best PvP healers in the game really need this?

Quote Originally Posted by Legsarelost
    Holy pallies need some work. Healers shouldn't be CC/Dps, and they should be able to die without having 500 "OH SHIT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY" buttons. Bubble, 12 seconds of healing yourself, or healing your partner without getting CC'd. Aura Mastery, 10 seconds of immunity to silence and interupt. HoF removes stuns, which I find totally ridiculous, some abilities are cool if they get you out of stuns, i.e. Iceblock. But when you can be immune to slowing effects for 20 seconds or so, and have a trinket every 30 seconds, it is kind of ridiculous.
    Former classes usually worked because they DID have those "oh shit" buttons. See Druid, both NS and barkskin, and same with Priests. Rather then Paladin who also in the past only has one "oh shit" button to choose from. Rather a lots of little buttons that you use skillfully and in the right situation over one button that is good against pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyb
    l2bacon? Free doubling of your heals? As another poster said, the only reason people are passing on Bacon and other holy talents, is because pally healing is so OP they can spam FoL indefinitely and never run out of mana. Holy deserves much bigger nerfs than it's getting in 3.1.
    Yeah, your right. Because FoL is that huge, 0-100% uninterubtable heal.
    Please know a thing about the class, before bragging about it being OP...
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

I can already feel the lovin. HolyPala/AffLock is going to be ever so much more fun.

Holy pallies need some work. Healers shouldn't be CC/Dps, and they should be able to die without having 500 "OH SHIT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY" buttons. Bubble, 12 seconds of healing yourself, or healing your partner without getting CC'd. Aura Mastery, 10 seconds of immunity to silence and interupt. HoF removes stuns, which I find totally ridiculous, some abilities are cool if they get you out of stuns, i.e. Iceblock. But when you can be immune to slowing effects for 20 seconds or so, and have a trinket every 30 seconds, it is kind of ridiculous.
    And because I forgot to state this before.. Druids still have Cyclone, roots, and different forms. Priest still have Fear and Divine Hym (Yah it's situational), Shamans still have totems... Are you sure you PVP much? I RARELY PVP and know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    It has a lot to do with the 51 point talent being crap as well. Paladins are single target healers still. Why do you need a talent that takes your heal and places it on another target when you are single target healing? How bugged is it that when the target you heal is fully healed your beacon becomes pointless. Beacon of Light is just a horrible talent. After 3.1 I really don't see myself even taking the talent as a holy paladin that mostly heals the tank. The spec I will be using in 3.1 for main tank healing will be:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9684
    Taking +2% more healing over Beacon and an additional 15 yards on your Judgements is retarded.

It goes without saying that Beacon is not useful in every fight. Nor is it even useful in a majority of fights. But it does shine in both Sarth 3D and Maly, the two hardest encounters in game. The harder the fight, the more propensity to Beacon being good. Hopefully Uldar is hard.

I haven't done any Uldar fights yet on the PTR but I've heard that Wisdom swings on the boss are a pretty standard way of regening mana. I’ve also heard that there's lost of movement though. So the necessity of 15 additional yards on Judgements is up in the air. The extra hit sure won't hurt though.

The kicker is that the +2% healing will more often than not just result in more overheal to a class that already does plenty. If FoL somehow makes a comeback, it could be more useful, but at the moment +2% healing is not at all worth two talent points.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

So, it's okay for your class to have cool abilities to get out of stuns, but not anyone else? Like... Blink maybe? Which has a 15 second cooldown? What a hypocrite you are.

Also, healers shouldn't be CC/Dps? Have you even heard of druids and priests?