Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Im having a large debate about what items are best in slot and which arent for a holy pally. All the other slots are straight forward, but the rings and trinkets are confusing even to me.

    Ive come up with:

    Signet of Manifested Pain
    Signet of the Kirin Tor

    Forethought Talisman
    Je'tze's Bell

    To me, the rings are both perfectly itemized for holy paladins, and although the kirin tor ring doesnt have that much spell power, the other stats clearly seem to make up for it. The only issue im having are the trinkets. Someone told me that Soul of the Dead + Egg of Mortal Essence is the best combo, but if you have over 400 haste on your gear, a lot of the Egg proc is wasted by pushing you over the soft haste cap, and for some reason, i cant seem to justify using soul of the dead over the bell, because of the 100 spell power loss.

    Although i think the Forethought is definately a must.

  2. #2

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    i used the seized beauty, instead of the kirin tor ring, though ive seen other pallies wear it. I am not that rich so the gold spending does not sound appealing to me.

    I use the soul of the dead also because 100 sp out of 2700 (with raid buffs) is pretty small. Also the 900 mana back can be nice for spamming HL though i generally stick closer to FoL for most fights. I used to wear both the egg and the spider one from ten naxx, and when both proc'd, life was good. If you don't like the soul of the dead though, i would say the egg over the bell, but thats just my humble opinion.


    -guntierhaas

  3. #3

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    For trinkets:

    Soul of the Dead (crit + extra mana when crit, just perfect)
    Greatness
    JC int trinket

    The HOT from Forethought is just too low, sp isn't important and mp5 is lame, IMO.

  4. #4

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    rings (best in slot atm):
    Signet of Manifested Pain (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40399)
    Seized Beauty (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40108)


    trinkets:
    Soul of the Dead (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40382)
    Forethought Talisman (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40258)

    some other options for trinkets might be:
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44255)
    Figurine- Sapphire Owl (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42413)

    * i would only use these bottom 2 trinkets if i had a raid-buffed mana pool under 25k

  5. #5

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Falls to personal preference. I'd go with your combo, and by that I mean I have your combo except signet of never actually manifested cuz we only get druid staves. Ahem.

  6. #6

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    Falls to personal preference. I'd go with your combo, and by that I mean I have your combo except signet of never actually manifested cuz we only get druid staves. Ahem.
    I pretty much agree with this. Best in Slot assumes a large number of factors, for one.

    BiS isn't always BiS because it's setup for the rest of the gearset as a whole.

    I switch mine around, personally. If I had it, i'd honestly probably go with Soul of the Dead and Forethought. But, it depends largely on every other stat. FoL spam, I might go with Illustration of the dragon soul.

  7. #7

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    WWS Reports on my forethought talisman showed <1% of overall healing done.

    I replaced it with the 90int greatness card. Second trinket i'd go with soul of the dead.

    And yeah, siezed beauty would be better than the kirin tor ring, but that could be my wallet speaking.

  8. #8

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    It's hardly possible to define best in slot trinkets for holy paladins. It all depends on your preferences. The 90int greatness card tho, is very difficult to utilize to it's optimal after the nerf to divine plea, and the passive bonuses without using divine plea on every colddown, is inferior to both Soul of Dead, JC trinket, and imo also Je'tze's Bell. But again a huge factor is also the uptime of replenishment, and how much you value healing stats compared to regen stats.

  9. #9

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Imo Soul + Sapphire owl or Greatness, depending on how big your wallet is

    For rings I'd take Seized Beauty, as you'd already be over 500 haste and clipping off most other healers (I'm not a meter whore, I'd rather let the other healers use mana)

    Sapphire Owl for short fights, Greatness for long low healing requirement fights.
    I'd never pick up forethought, additional healing procs are generally always under itemized and the SP will almost all go to overheal

    I'd never get/use the Bell, if I really needed a mp5 trinket I'd use Spark of Life

  10. #10

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    im really suprised no one said Illustration of the Dragon Soul, 200 SP is alot and im sure that will benefit more than anything to you. And yes it is 200 SP its not lower cuz you can just do 10 FoL before pulling the boss or w/e and then your gonna start with the full effect; 200 SP.

    For your 2nd trinket its just about what you feel like you need imo, im personally going for Forethought Talisman and Illustration of the Dragon Soul

    Reason why, well I got 25k mana unbuffed and arround 15% haste, I heard that haste cap for holy pallys is arround 700 and thats why a trinket like The Egg of Mortal Essence would not be better than any of the other trinkets who gives a high amount of SP.

  11. #11

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer
    im really suprised no one said Illustration of the Dragon Soul, 200 SP is alot and im sure that will benefit more than anything to you. And yes it is 200 SP its not lower cuz you can just do 10 FoL before pulling the boss or w/e and then your gonna start with the full effect; 200 SP.

    For your 2nd trinket its just about what you feel like you need imo, im personally going for Forethought Talisman and Illustration of the Dragon Soul

    Reason why, well I got 25k mana unbuffed and arround 15% haste, I heard that haste cap for holy pallys is arround 700 and thats why a trinket like The Egg of Mortal Essence would not be better than any of the other trinkets who gives a high amount of SP.
    Holy paladins go HL spec. Extra SP is just extra overheal.

    I can link to my WWS if you want, I go 60% overheal and never run out of mana, An extra 200sp of overheal is just not as useful as mana return.

  12. #12

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Holy paladins go HL spec. Extra SP is just extra overheal.

    I can link to my WWS if you want, I go 60% overheal and never run out of mana, An extra 200sp of overheal is just not as useful as mana return.
    I know but as you say yourself you never go out of mana so why get more mana regen?

  13. #13

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer
    I know but as you say yourself you never go out of mana so why get more mana regen?
    Well I never go out of mana due to divine plea, which in some cases is pretty risky (Sarth3d for example)

    So if i can have to do that less, i gladly would,

    basically, sp is more useless to me than regen.

  14. #14

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    forethought talisman is pretty rare and useless, IMO

    We don't need mp5, we don't need SP. That's why I would never use bell or dragon trinket.

    We need int: so greatness or JC trinkets are the best by far.
    Badge trinket is quite good too, a personal BL each 45 sec, of course we can't controll it, but still really usefull.

  15. #15

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk
    Signet of Manifested Pain
    Signet of the Kirin Tor

    To me, the rings are both perfectly itemized for holy paladins, and although the kirin tor ring doesnt have that much spell power, the other stats clearly seem to make up for it.
    The Kirin Tor ring is not BiS. Seized Beauty is. You lose 9 Int, 2 crit, 7 SP and +5mp5 and only gain 28 Haste. Not worth it.

    Soul of the Dead is far and away the best trinket slot we have right now. Hands down. The second trinket is Illustration of the Dragon Soul. The reason is that if you're looking at BiS trinkets, the assumption is you have BiS everything else and don't need more Int.

    Forethought Talisman is okay, but the proc will only ever amount to like 2-3% of your total healing. An extra 90 SP (the difference between Illustration's 200 SP and Forethought's 110) is much much better than that.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  16. #16

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    The second trinket is Illustration of the Dragon Soul. The reason is that if you're looking at BiS trinkets, the assumption is you have BiS everything else and don't need more Int.
    Even with full BiS you can Holy Light yourself oom if you don't stay on top of your CDs
    Combined with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Well I never go out of mana due to divine plea, which in some cases is pretty risky (Sarth3d for example)

    So if i can have to do that less, i gladly would,
    And even in full BiS your extra SP will still be overheal 95% of the time

  17. #17

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Well I never go out of mana due to divine plea, which in some cases is pretty risky (Sarth3d for example)

    So if i can have to do that less, i gladly would,

    basically, sp is more useless to me than regen.
    I gem for sp, and use Souls of the Dead + Illustration. I end the fights at 90%+ mana while healing maintank via focus macros while whacking sarth (this helps to time breath heals) on 3d. The only fights I have some mana trouble (at 30% or lower at end of fight without using mana pot or LoH) is 4 healer patchwerk for the 20man achievement.

    Mana is not an issue, so the extra bit of SP is strictly better, as that extra bit on shock--> fol might save an add tank on a bad pickup.

    Souls + illustration all the way. Forethought is useful if you can time internal cooldowns for transitions and tough spots, but it's honestly not terribly useful on current content.

  18. #18

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Even with full BiS you can Holy Light yourself oom if you don't stay on top of your CDs
    Well, I'm working under the assumption that if you've got a BiS set, you're not a retard. Not always true, I know.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

  19. #19

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    i actually really like Forged Ember and still use it. It's probably because i'm a crit whore but who isn't =D

  20. #20

    Re: Holy best in slot Rings/Trinkets

    First of all, forged ember offers crit but not enough for me, as many before me stated SP aint really a mainstat for pallys that spam HL and a SP proc is therefor even less usefull

    Id personally go with Soul of the dead and greatness if I cba to put out the gold. Atm I use SoTD and JC owl but I do think the greatness card is better then the owl. Even just 1 timed DP during the proc will give you more mana over an encounter assuming u aswell have replenishment up enough.

    I actually only go with about 2100SP unbuffed atm but have about 47% HL crit unbuffed aswell as 500haste. Apart from that ive stacked int only and have 24kunbuffed mana as it is now, for HL spamming this works best for me and seriously, 17k crits or 18-19k doesnt really matter in the current content, landing big heals all the time without interruption does though.

    I try to use DP as little as possible and IF im forced to use it I always combine it with AW or bubble HoS (if that is possible on the current encounter). I do aswell think that mp5 will be a slightly more viable stat in Ulduar, atleast if the tune up the content abit compared to the current. The fights as it is now range from 1.5m to 4-5 not counting 3D and they will in ulduar probably atleast double the time required on most bosses and with my current gear I can in no way spam through a 9min patchwerk without alot of DP using.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •