"Vindication, chance on any damaging attacks to lower stats with 20% for 15 secs.."

I havent seen this discussion on this subject since its often seen irrelevant as bosses by nature are immune to this effect. And hence is rarely specced except for pvp and grindin solo quests.

What I dont know is, What is the general rule on trash in raids and dungeons? If its immune to stuns, its automatically immune to vindication? etc..

Take the following "situational" example. Bad boss releases hordes of adds (say small CC'able ones)in between phases , raid has X time to take them out before bad boss returns with an attitude. AoE tankin/damaging the adds start, Retadin Billybob consecrates the whole group "effectively" doing 20%+ damage on all mobs by lowering their stats. Adds effectively go down in 20% shorter time? meanwhile dps'ers scoffs at billybob's poor aoe damage on the lists.

Is there any of you people that can educate me on this subject and "ranks" of mobs in instances and raids. Are the mobs divided into groups of

A: anything works

B: can be silenced, stuned

C: can be silenced, not stuned

the list goes on yadayada....

Well you get the point.

So the question I have, Is there more to Vindication than is generally known? i.e discretely makin for a smoother raid run?

A link to anyplace that has maybe already analysed this also very welcome.