Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Diseases should crit without Unholy talents.

Quote Originally Posted by jmazing
    Warlocks after 4 years are finally gonna have their dots be able to crit. And this is their primary damage. So why should dks get the same thing on their secondary damage. Sorry i gotta say no, besides dk damage is great all around.
    QFT. The only problem with DK dps is that it doesn't scale very well past 10 mans (outside of the bastard 0/32/39 spec, jk about the bastard part), but with the changes in 3.1 that damage scaling should change to be able to keep up now.

Quote Originally Posted by tvveeder
    QFT. The only problem with DK dps is that it doesn't scale very well past 10 mans (outside of the bastard 0/32/39 spec, jk about the bastard part), but with the changes in 3.1 that damage scaling should change to be able to keep up now.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    I just like seeing crits haha, every ability that does dmg should be able to crit. <--- Period
    Are you really sure you want that?
    Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell

Neheb, your caster stats aren't looking so hot.

I don't agree with the original poster because diseases aren't our main source of DPS.

For DKs diseases are an integral part of our rotations, not because of the damage, but because of the utilities, we put diseases on the target, and then we hit harder with our strikes and we can heal ourselfs via Death Strike.

The only other class that has criting dots is warlocks, and specifically affliction locks, but for warlocks their dots are their bread and butter as far as damage goes, its only natural for the class to have criting dots.

Now another note, Unholy tree is balanced around diseases and pets, their dots are also ment to crit, if all DKs get the ability to make their dots crit then it would:
    -Kill of some of the uniqueness between specs
    -The other 2 DK trees would have to be rebalanced with criting diseases in mind
    -Diseases might get nerfed because they can crit

So, despite what you would like sir Unholyground, it will never happen, cause it will raise a series of problems, we all know its cool and would be nice to see, but lets get real, it will never happen.

After thinking about this some today, I'm starting to tend to agree with Admuntour there, it would kill some of the uniqueness between specs and whatnot. Let's see how the ongoing changes with testing go before we start worrying about things like that.