0/45/26 DW Build - Let me know what you think

I'm looking for a way to maximize my DPS while retaining a DW build-spec.

0/45/26

Couple notes:
    Howling Blast is unreachable, replaced with Frost Strike/Unholy Blight use
    Blood of the North used instead of Reaping due to the damage bonus.
    Glyph of Frost Strike used to reserve additional runic power for more FS.
    Glyph of Plague Strike used to bring damage of it up. Curious if Glyph of Unholy Blight would equal more damage.
    Signature image removed for size -- please read the guidelines.

Re: 0/45/26 DW Build - Let me know what you think

No need to go for Unholy Blight if you want to utilize Frost Strike ... Both RP Dumps. Since Frost Strike depends on your weapon dmg, I'd say go down a little bit further in Frost to get HB and skip on UB. Btw - Unbreakable Armor is a nice DPS Booster with 25% Strength, at the most it is by far better than death chill.

Something like this:

0/51/19+1

Ahh yes, I forgot about the strength boost that Unbreakable Armor gives.

I like the build, and I like being able to use Howling Blast again. Has anyone had a chance to test this yet?

Also, there was a remaining talent point. I stuck it in Deathchill. Would it be put to better use elsewhere?

0/52/19
    Signature image removed for size -- please read the guidelines.

Well yes, there are several options, thus called 51/19+1.

Possible candidates would be either deathchill, icy reach, outbreak, chill of the grave, hungering cold or even chillblains.

Personally, I think i'd take icy reach or deathchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Affe
    Ahh yes, I forgot about the strength boost that Unbreakable Armor gives.

I like the build, and I like being able to use Howling Blast again. Has anyone had a chance to test this yet?

Also, there was a remaining talent point. I stuck it in Deathchill. Would it be put to better use elsewhere?

0/52/19
    IMO deathchill is more of a tank talent. That way you can death chill and HB to open up some nice spike threat and have the CD back up in 1 minute. For DPS I see it as negligible really because of KM procs and all the crit talents in frost anyway (on top of having naturally higher crit than a tank of course).

DC > FS

I've tested the numbers on paper and in game, and with 1handers, DC wins. Even without impurity it's still not worth using FS.

0/20/51 as it is on live still looks like a better DW spec than any I've seen for the ptr's. It got an IT nerf, PS buff, gargoyle buff, and DC buff.

anyone who has a slow mh can easily see FS > DC by like 500 damage, and crits far more often
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

I don't know what gear you have but with a slow MH and going deep into frost to get GoG and BotN will make FS > DC. Howling Blast is also FAR FAR from useless people, stop treating it like its doing horrendous damage right now, ITS NOT. Don't even START to compare UB with HB, they're AoE skills of two completely different levels.

i think im going to try
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9684
    first.

mass rp and using unholy presence.
    rotation something like IT IT UB PS PS BS BS DC ; IT IT PS PS IT IT DC DC DC

i just dont like petghoul without notd and 10 min aotd isnt to bad either.

There is a simalar spec i found if you like your ghoul. 0/26/45 http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...6&version=9684

use unholy pressence its more reliant on whit and IT damage than any thing. ive tested this out on the dummy but only did 2400 dps with dual angry dreads and 2200 with angry dread /hailstorm.

I like the spec i just dont know if this or going heavier frost would be more beneficial scaling wise yet.