Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Descration

Unholy

* Death Strike now deals 75% weapon damage (up from 60% weapon damage), additional damage increased as well. (From 178.2 to 222.75 for Rank 5)
    * Desecration is now also caused by Scourge Strike.
    * Vicious Strikes doesn't affect Death Strike anymore.

In the new undocumented unholy changes it says desecration can proc off of SS so im wondering if people think it could be a possible dps increase

Re: New Descration

It's always been a dps increase...it's just been tied down by having a short range and tied to an ability which is seldom used (with any luck fromt he glyph)...it was also in contest with Unholy Aura which was a raid dps buff compared to self only dps buff.

I think now, we're probably gonna need to find points for it from somewhere. It's ironic though that this change would have benefitted us more with Desecration as it stands on live, as opposed to the new talent. Getting pretty bloated feeling, lol...

More importantly, its only a DPS increase on fights where there is little to no movement required. Unfortunately, it seems every boss I've seen in Uld requires a good amount of movement so it might not be worth the points. But having SS trigger it does definitely help it out a lot.

Well, with SS triggering it...and UH Aura getting changed...there's very little reason not to take it. SS gets used enough to keep the buff on you often enough to justify the points...and without UH Aura competing with it it's a matter of coming up with points like Bullshifter said.

Just on the ptr trying out desecration results are rather disappointing I noticed almost no dps increase like in the 50 dps/s maybe a bit more. I didn't think the lost points in dark conviction would come close to gaining 5% extra damage but.... :-\

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9684

the build I used.

Quote Originally Posted by z8472
    Just on the ptr trying out desecration results are rather disappointing I noticed almost no dps increase like in the 50 dps/s maybe a bit more. I didn't think the lost points in dark conviction would come close to gaining 5% extra damage but.... :-\

the build I used.
    get rid of morbidity and wandering plague and put those points in dark conviction, 17/0/54
    ...just another dream within a dream...

With SS also proccing it now it's going to be viable for even movement heavy fights cause its going to be up everywhere and anytime.

I'd lean more toward:

You lose a little RP generation but you keep Bladed Armor and Dark Conviction maxed out. The only thing I am not sure of is if Morbidity would be points better spent than BCB.

15% extra dmg on DC is pretty big...BCB average hits are for what...600-800ish? I guess one way to tell would be to look at a raid stat sheet and take away 15% of Death Coils regular dmg and compare it to BCB's regular damage...if DC wins I'd drop BCB to max Morbidity.

The real deal breaker is looking at overall damage done and increasing it by 5% and comparing that amount to the overall amount done by BCB...in the end it may all break even.

Losing 5% crit just doesn't seem worth it...missing out on an extra 80+ap from that last point in Dark Conviction also seems like a waste...although I'm thinking 5%dmg>80ap...but I'm definitely leaning toward 5%crit>5%dmg considering the amount of damage our crits make up.

Wandering Plague is just hard to give up...it's a nice dps boost for trash for sure...although out of BCB and Wandering Plague BCB may be more dps...I haven't checked the two in a while.

The tree is bloated...and it's hard to give up anything for Desecration...especially when it will most likely result in a small dps gain in some situations for a loss in others.

Skollvaldr made the changes u suggested went from 3200 dps/s to 3450 never liked wandering plague much but I will miss morbidity for some trash pulls but oh well

Im thinking this type of build might work where wandering plague or morbidity could swap places

Quick question, is Ghoul Frenzy worth it?

nope not one bit.

nope not one bit.
    Is it because the Unholy Rune messes with your rotation? Cause it seems half decent to me. Of course, I haven't done any math on it.

ya the unholy rune messes with ur rotation but now with the desecration changes I still wouldn't get it even if it was RP based. The tree is too bloated as is. And buffing my ghouls melee dps when I'm pretty sure at least half his damage comes from claw anyway seems pretty meh, specially for me because I'm leaning towards not even using glyph of the ghoul and getting UB instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    get rid of morbidity and wandering plague and put those points in dark conviction, 17/0/54
    Lol ?

Morbidity boosts your deathcoil damage, your nr1 RP dump spell.. why the hell would you not want a talent that gives it 15% damage????
    And not taking wandering plague while the entire tree is based around diseases? Come on thats just stupid, having chance to do double disease damage is great!
    Crit is not that insanely important to skip those 2 talents. UB doesn't crit, and you take more crit but skip wandering plague which is based on crit?

My DK is at about 35% crit with only HoW , and I didn't take any enchant or gem for crit. In raid situation I'm well over 40% (druid/warrior buff, kings) and even 5% more from T7 bonus. So I can easilly skip 5% and put them in desecration for a very nice 5% dmg boost. Yes you will have to move around but who cares, you might lose the 5% from one SS and then its up again for the next ones.

hm i am wondering: now tha ss is causing the descration is there any reason to put 5/5 points to the talent? i can only see a use for the 50% speed reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    Lol ?

Morbidity boosts your deathcoil damage, your nr1 RP dump spell.. why the hell would you not want a talent that gives it 15% damage????
    And not taking wandering plague while the entire tree is based around diseases? Come on thats just stupid, having chance to do double disease damage is great!
    Crit is not that insanely important to skip those 2 talents. UB doesn't crit, and you take more crit but skip wandering plague which is based on crit?

My DK is at about 35% crit with only HoW , and I didn't take any enchant or gem for crit. In raid situation I'm well over 40% (druid/warrior buff, kings) and even 5% more from T7 bonus. So I can easilly skip 5% and put them in desecration for a very nice 5% dmg boost. Yes you will have to move around but who cares, you might lose the 5% from one SS and then its up again for the next ones.
    go and dps on a dummie and take a look at ur recount if what your saying is true than the damage from you deathcoil should be almost 5 times higher than the damage you get from BCB in order to justify losing BCB for morbidity. Also I'm a little confused at what your saying about UB do you not use it? I have had my doubts about UB from time to time but it's been proven that it's a must have single target dps spell. You have to drop wandering plague beucase you can't get access to the rest of the tree without filling BCB once you've dropped morbidity. Also descration was changed off a % to proc to a 100% putting 5/5 increases the movement speed and damage component of the spell.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...4&version=9684

And Glyph of Death coil, +15% death coil damage (it keeps changing whether its on MMO or not)

ya the unholy rune messes with ur rotation but now with the desecration changes I still wouldn't get it even if it was RP based. The tree is too bloated as is. And buffing my ghouls melee dps when I'm pretty sure at least half his damage comes from claw anyway seems pretty meh, specially for me because I'm leaning towards not even using glyph of the ghoul and getting UB instead.
    IMO it looks a lot like a PVP ability to get some quick burst damage in.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.