Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Official warrior changes on PTR

* Battle Stance: Now increases armor penetration by 10%.
    * Berserker Stance: Now increases damage taken by 5%.
    * Charge: Duration of stun effect now lasts 1.5 seconds. This effect no longer has diminishing returns.
    * Defensive Stance: Now reduces damage caused by the warrior by 5% (previously 10%).
    * Disarm: This ability now disarms ranged weapons as well.
    * Heroic Throw missile speed increased.
    * Intimidating Shout: Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes.
    * Shattering Throw: This new warrior ability, trainable at level 71, deals damage the same as Heroic Throw, but also causes the victim’s armor to be reduced by 20% for 10 seconds (stacking with Sunder Armor). If the victim is immune, it will remove that immunity instead of dealing damage and reducing armor. Costs 25 rage. Only useable in Battle Stance. 5-minute cooldown.
    * Talents
    o Arms
    + Blood Frenzy improved to 2/4% increased damage.
    + Deep Wounds: The damage done by this talent no longer receives modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage. The base weapon damage used in the calculation will still be modified by those effects.
    + Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have once again swapped places in the talent tree.
    + New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat.
    + Taste for Blood: Will now proc 33/66/100% of the time with a 6-second cooldown.
    + Unrelenting Assault: Now also increases the damage of Overpower and Revenge by 10/20%, and causes Overpower (when used to attack a casting target) to decrease the effectiveness of all the target’s non-physical damage and healing by 25/50% for 6 seconds. Tooltip and visual updated.
    o Fury
    + Titan’s Grip: While you have a two-handed weapon equipped in one hand, your physical damage done is reduced by 10%.
    o Protection
    + Last Stand: Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

lol arms making a comback? btw these arent on the actual PTR yet, but its in the patchnotes

Re: Official warrior changes on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by zx00
    * Charge: Duration of stun effect now lasts 1.5 seconds. This effect no longer has diminishing returns.
    * Defensive Stance: Now reduces damage caused by the warrior by 5% (previously 10%).
    * Shattering Throw: This new warrior ability, trainable at level 71, deals damage the same as Heroic Throw, but also causes the victim’s armor to be reduced by 20% for 10 seconds (stacking with Sunder Armor). If the victim is immune, it will remove that immunity instead of dealing damage and reducing armor. Costs 25 rage. Only useable in Battle Stance. 5-minute cooldown.
    * Talents
    o Arms
    + Deep Wounds: The damage done by this talent no longer receives modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage. The base weapon damage used in the calculation will still be modified by those effects.
    + Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have once again swapped places in the talent tree.
    + New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat.
    + Taste for Blood: Will now proc 33/66/100% of the time with a 6-second cooldown.
    + Unrelenting Assault: Now also increases the damage of Overpower and Revenge by 10/20%, and causes Overpower (when used to attack a casting target) to decrease the effectiveness of all the target’s non-physical damage and healing by 25/50% for 6 seconds. Tooltip and visual updated.
    o Fury
    + Titan’s Grip: While you have a two-handed weapon equipped in one hand, your physical damage done is reduced by 10%.
    o Protection

lol arms making a comback? btw these arent on the actual PTR yet, but its in the patchnotes
    New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat.[/b]

wow..
    this talent will surely make arms the best spec to PvP as.

this is awesome
    Wikileaks Supporter

if the unrelenting assult change go through we'll see a river of tears from all classes, lol 3k crit SS from a dk and 2k crit holyshock from a pally...

edit: god damn I can't read =( but I guess it will be a nice utility thing

* Talents
    o Arms
    o Fury
    o Protection

Dont call it a comeback
    I been here for years
    Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
    Makin the tears rain down like a mon soon
    Listen to the bass go boom.

JEHAA... that's what I'm talking about

oh, my lovely Arms coming back (I'm PvE, but those sounds good still)

if the unrelenting assult change go through we'll see a river of tears from all classes, lol 3k crit SS from a dk and 2k crit holyshock from a pally...
    Unless I grossly misread it,its supposed to work this way only against casting opponents...I guess thats their "answer" on Battle Stance lacking an interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    JEHAA... that's what I'm talking about

oh, my lovely Arms coming back (I'm PvE, but those sounds good still)
    I'm so rolling that Orc Warrior I always wanted.

yeh I guess that's our "interrupt" for battle stance
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

when used to attack a casting target
    If that means a target who is in the middle of casting something, then this isn't quite as good as I think, although still very nice.

However, if it means a caster target instead; a target who uses spells, then it's quite nice.

it's potentially better then pummel in battle stance because now we have 2 ways to effectively counter casting. You can pummel one of the heals and use OP on the next one to reduce the healing while your pummel is down, and by the time the duration is off your next pummel will be almost ready too. That and having charge in combat really takes warrior mobility to a new tier, if you have rapid charge glyph with intercept, I can see some pretty crazy stuff being done by warriors like charge to stop a heal and the intercept back to his dps target.

I hope you guys can see how this let us stay in Battle stance as Arms... even in PvP... with the Charge change... especially by loosing the reduced Intercept cd...which should have stay in Fury anyways, because it's a Berserker stance ability anyways...

And this Battle stance (not really) "interupt" is a nice anti-enemy debuff... even though it doesn't stop the cast, it does reduce the incoming dmg/ outgoing heal... and for 6 SECONDS...that's the Imbaness in it... applying a MS effect on healers, AND on dds.. :P

and in rage-starved situations it can help keep up the MS effect (in given situation, when bleed is on target, Overpower is rdy to use, and target starts casting anything...)

+ it is a very nice buff, and utility in PvE as well... on all those bosses, who ever cast something... -50% incoming dmg on tank, for 6 sec? how's that sound?

+using the improved Charge talent, it will also help in any combat situation (mostly in PvP) to gain some rage to start with... it can be used like intercept.. run away little from target, then charge.. BUMM, 1.5 sec stun, and 10+ rage gained... and not to mention, Charge has a way lower cd than Intercept... 8)

+we will need less expertise as well with the reachable Weapon Mastery... another nice buff for Arms in both PvP/PvE

Arms will have some really nice utility for raids finally...

+4% outgoing melee dmg....
    occasional Armor reduction for bursts...
    -50% incoming dmg for 6 secs in specific bosses...

HELL YE

As a warrior i cannot be any more happy

almost making me forget the TG-Nerf

:_)

Thx blizz

(NOTE: if this goes live offc)

I don´t think you folks got it right yet, it means that arms warriors will pwn DKs who go in tank gear. Actually, most DKs for that matter as long as you keep getting parried/dodged and spamming overpower.

15+ Year Old Account

Not bad changes.. me like

Seems they're doing everything they can to push arms to being battle stance oriented...
    Juggernaught making you go battle stance to charge..
    The overpower thing seems impossible.
    That means with taste of blood and rend you can indefinatly reduce a spellcasters damage by 50% through overpower. Even Deathknights would be devastated by that.. it just doesn't seem real to me?

I seriously don't know what the hell they're thinking but for three years this has been not what warriors are, and they're pushing them to be something else.

I like the idea of the changes but I don't like where it's going.. at all..

..............u guys dont understand how this makes me feel!!!! ;D
    "Cat in the wall, eh? Ok, now you're talking my language. I know this game."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    Seems they're doing everything they can to push arms to being battle stance oriented...
    Juggernaught making you go battle stance to charge..
    The overpower thing seems impossible.
    That means with taste of blood and rend you can indefinatly reduce a spellcasters damage by 50% through overpower. Even Deathknights would be devastated by that.. it just doesn't seem real to me?

I seriously don't know what the hell they're thinking but for three years this has been not what warriors are, and they're pushing them to be something else.

I like the idea of the changes but I don't like where it's going.. at all..

boooooooooooooo >

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Well with the weapon mastery change it kinda feels like there pigeon holing us into having to get expertise whereas now with best in slot setup we have caped perfectly without say Girdle of Razuvious or Ruthlessness, and from what i see Ulduar gear has no expertise so unless we get some on our tier i think we'll be socketing for it.

Same with hit tho this is just the first wave of gear lets just hope were not having to wear ilevel 213 stuff to be hit/expertise capped as fury if they still keep the tree pve viable since from what it seems that arms is defo the main pvp tree and thats not debatable

Deleted

Well,in few words, screw fury,lets all go arms(at least those who dps).Seems like blizz didnt get it corectly from last time we got the income of nerfs(the fact pve arms was so low was due to nerfs blizz decided to do,2 of which on sudden death) so this time the unlucky guy is fury.Remove the expertise (weap mastery)because when dual wielding u never get dodges..Arms had strength of arms for expertise,at least I hope we get something alike.Fury has heroic fury,it does NOT need imp intercept to go pvp,while it needs the 50% less disarm.All in all,I am happy for arms and I cry for TG.Cya on next patch TG my friend,when ppl will go mad on how arms warr overdps'ed a rogue or a mage and is so op in arena(which actualy will be correct if all those pass on live).