Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hymns just got changed?

"Divine Hymn redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 4960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5."

"Hymn of Hope redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, restoring hope to those in despair. Restores 3% mana to 3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and temporarily increases their total maximum mana by 20% for 8 seconds. After the effect expires, the mana is lost. Maximum of 12 mana restorations. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5."

- http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

Re: Hymns just got changed?

meh. i still dont see them being used

Both hymns still have downright HORRIBLE cooldown times. Both channeled, I guess that's a staple of the Hymns now. Guess I can live with this if the effects are good.

Divine Hymn is a pretty damned awesome healing spell as it stands now. Imagine being able to empty out the healing power of a lightwell on 3 peeps in 8 seconds. That's Divine Hymn in a nutshell. I totally expect this to be nerfed to hell before going live; after all - "priests can't have good things" :P.
    But if it stands, I'll be happy with this being the lvl 80 spell.

Hymn of Hopelessness is still not exactly overwhelming. 15% mana is way better than the old 8%. The +20% manapool effect while channeling is a very contrieved way of saying that int-based regen is increased by +20%. Assuming 1293 int and around 0.5 MP5 per point of intellect, this is worth just above 1k mana. In total, a priest with 1293 int could possibly get around 4.3k mana out of one cast, and I guess that's useful. It's basically an overly complex and contrieved way of giving us a mana potion that you have to work hard for every 6 minutes. I'll take it, but I won't jump with joy just yet.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Except it now has no guarantee that you will receive the mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrazs
    Except it now has no guarantee that you will receive the mana.
    Ouch! You're right! That is a complete deal-killer, imo.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Restores 36% mana in total, but you may or may not receive any of it.

When considering the new Hymn of Hope, keep in mind the amount of mana restored to all other players altogether, not just the mana the priest would recieve. With the mana regen nerf and longer fights in Ulduar, I can see this getting used. And the new Divine Hymn is sexy. Guess they lost the weird CC bit of it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Going into exploitation mode now.

Hymn of Hope could be good it the +20% effect stacks.
    Take 2 holypriests and one discpriest. It's what my guild usually have at least.
    Assume all three of them are the lowest on mana.
    Make all three pop Hymn of Hopelessness at the same time.

This means everyone gets a +60% effect to all int-based regen effects. Hymn of hope is an int-based regen effect, for the record.

That means 3*12%*1.6 = 57% of a manabar returned to all three lowest mana peeps, plus some small value from other regen effects. This will of course hurt healing badly though. But stacking this effect is definitively the way to make use of it.

Do the same calculation with a fourth priest (say, a shadowpriest helping out) and you get up to

That means 4*12%*1.8 = 86% of a manabar returned to the three peeps with the lowest mana. It's very contrieved to have three priests running OOM at the same time, but if it stacks,

You can increase that game, but at 86% of a manabar, this ability kind of rocks for the three recipents. Coordinating your raid priests to bunch up and use it at the same time, preferrably in a way that only the three of them benefits, will be the hard part.

Of course, assuming th +20% buff stacks. No guarantee that it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    When considering the new Hymn of Hope, keep in mind the amount of mana restored to all other players altogether, not just the mana the priest would recieve. With the mana regen nerf and longer fights in Ulduar, I can see this getting used. And the new Divine Hymn is sexy. Guess they lost the weird CC bit of it.
    It doesn't automatically target you for the mana regen.

Meh, I liked the CC part of Divine Hymn. >
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

15+ Year Old Account

i kinda preferred the way they were before this change tbh :x

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    i kinda preferred the way they were before this change tbh :x
    Don't get me wrong, I like Divine Hymn. I just think more work could have been done to HoH.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Big cooldowns now, but now they seem more like cooldowns.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

wow they totally nerfed Hymn of Hope...

Back in the day when it was Dreanei only spell it was excellent, wasn't OP but was worth using. Helped by giving me a bit more mana when I needed it.

Then it was given to all priests and it went from a handy little tool to something that should only be used if it was a complete emergency as there was only a minor increase in mana with having to pop shadow form after it. This meant it was made 99% useless

I was hoping 3.1 would see it useable in shadow form... no... Now it's become 100% useless as if I'm raiding with 25 other people there's no chance I'm gonna get mana returned from this. 3 people is crazy, 1 slot of that will probably be taken by a prot pally from the looks of the way they are going there.

Divine Hymn has now become something that I could use in an "Oh Shit" moment to something I may as well just unlearn if that was at all possible...

WTB PvE buffs and stop the game being 'balanced' around PvP pls...

15+ Year Old Account

Frankly, I'm a bit dissapointed and hope these changes don't stick.

Hymn of Hope's change just made it Hymn of Uselessness instead of Hymn of Hope the Tank doesn't Die. I'm trying to come up with any and every possible need to channel this with it's new effect...and I got nothing.

As for Divine Hymn? It may not be too bad, but I also prefer the older version over this newer one. Channeling an 8 second heal in Ulduar, with the way these fights are currently looking, is going to be very difficult to find time for, especially as a MT discipline healer. Now there's no incapacitate for PvP, the CD is longer, and the healing is bigger but less spread out. This was a great spell to pop once or twice in a fight like Sapphiron or Malygos. Now? I'm not sure, with as concentrated as it is, if it'll be as resourceful.

Overall, I have to say this was not the direction I was hoping to see these two spells go.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown

Hymn of Hope's change just made it Hymn of Uselessness instead of Hymn of Hope the Tank doesn't Die. I'm trying to come up with any and every possible need to channel this with it's new effect...and I got nothing.

As for Divine Hymn? It may not be too bad, but I also prefer the older version over this newer one. Channeling an 8 second heal in Ulduar, with the way these fights are currently looking, is going to be very difficult to find time for, especially as a MT discipline healer. Now there's no incapacitate for PvP, the CD is longer, and the healing is bigger but less spread out. This was a great spell to pop once or twice in a fight like Sapphiron or Malygos. Now? I'm not sure, with as concentrated as it is, if it'll be as resourceful.

Overall, I have to say this was not the direction I was hoping to see these two spells go.
    Haven't seen you around in awhile, Fenix. May I say, welcome back?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown

Bad thing is you don't even know if it will hit the tank from the wording. If by chance or lag between your key press and the spellcast another one falls below the tanks health (by percent?) he will receive the heal.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

(posted this on the original patch page, then moved it here)

Hymn of Hope, should be changed so that if it only effects 3 people one of them in the PRIEST. The only time I'd end up using this with the current wording, would be if I was OOM completely.   Most the time I start using my mana regen trinkets and abilities when I'm still at about half mana.  There would be no guarantee right now that I would be one of those 3 in a 25 man raid. Not as bad in a 10 man.  And screw dps casters

Divine Hymn isn't really that great either with the 3 target thing.  Decent maybe in a 10 man raid, not any good for 25 man raids.  And even in a 10 man, having to channel this spell, it's better to use POH, COH, PoM.  That's over 15k healing to up to 5 targets.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Bad thing is you don't even know if it will hit the tank from the wording. If by chance or lag between your key press and the spellcast another one falls below the tanks health (by percent?) he will receive the heal.
    What Blizz should do then is make sure the target of the spell is guaranteed to get it, and then the let the spell do its thing from there.

This Divine Hymn change seems like a strange sort of Tranquility, only healing the lowest health platers.

I hope they make HoH castable in shadowform :S