Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.1.0 PTR Notes - 03/13 Official Update

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    No, not really. Typical argument of someone too fail to level fishing before the changes.
    f you think fishing in any way was hardcore. Kindly die.

Re: Patch 3.1.0 PTR Notes Official Update, Blizz Downloader

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    Come on people, they don't want to nerf Ret paladin with the SA nerf. The fact that a large part of our mana came from the recoil of seal and blood and SA was just a bad mechanic.

Now that it is removed they can easily tweak our mana regen through JotW, and they will.

Here is the blue post : http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/1566...ed-on-ptr.html

Stop crying you stupid paladins, this is in fact an EXCELLENT CHANGE for us. Just just a few days to see what changes they are making for our mana regen.
    Well they have to boost it to 35% at least -> that should give ret. enough mana to make 8+ full rotation withou plea.
    But If they remove SA and JotW remain on 15%... we are screwd in PvE (no SA + 15% JotW + Exorcism added to rotatin = no mana after 4th rotation)
    //I didnt count "limited available" abilites like Avenging Wrath and Hammer of Wrath

If those changes are really going to happen .. Welcome back v2.4 Retri pala

all pallys should get nerfed and buffed somehow so they can finally stop changing specs like its candy for 1 reason or another its not just the mana issue its an overall issue... Ret is somewhat really high on damage now and everyone wanna play ret , Holy paladins would be better having an aoe heal to provide more stability on raids and protection needs a way to not ose mana as often as they do.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Schoeler
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Enchanting
    • Greatly increased the drop rate of recipes found in pre-Lich King dungeons and raids.
    • On one hand I like this change, cause it will make it easier for me to complete my collection of formulas.

On the other hand I'm concerned how it hollows out the rarity of my above mentioned collection.

Cause I've spend alot of time tracking down and getting formulas from everywhere in the game, from vanilla and forward.

Anyone else feeling the same as me ?

EDIT added : After thinking about it, I dont like it at all cause it undermines the effort I've done in collecting the formulas.

I feel the same as you. I am only missing 4 formulas from Enchanting to have the full collection, and, whilst I never really enchant them any more, I felt kinda proud that my collection was almost complete. Oh well, I suppose it will help with me getting the last 4.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by cyloria
    I am sure the leg patches are not all of it....my super twink is going to be crappy after this... :'(
    Some quick investigation suggests that Greater Inscription of the Gladiator also has something similar, too, "Using the inscription will cause the shoulder slot item to become soulbound. Wearer must be level 70 or higher.".

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor
    Probably the same way other classes do, through replenishment.
    zzz...
    every other mana based classes relies pretty heavely on spirit, and im willing to bet that ever other class in wow has over 2x the mp5 a holy pally has....

Quote Originally Posted by yaja
    • Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Lake Wintergrasp
      • The southern Siege Factories can be captured.
      this is genius, simply genius ... so the outnumbered side that already has a terrible time winning (which on many realms, one faction usually controls WG most of the time) has even more disadvantage now? I just, uuugh ... why am I even supprised by something like this anymore.
    • On my realm 19/20 the attacking side wins - regardless of faction. This change will give the defending side more of a chance.

I agree with SA change as long as they buff JotW so our mana reg can be more reliable, and not needing a healer too keep us from being oom.

SoB glyph change: isn't a bit early for april's fool :-\

Quote Originally Posted by macaco
    I agree with SA change as long as they buff JotW so our mana reg can be more reliable, and not needing a healer too keep us from being oom.

SoB glyph change: isn't a bit early for april's fool :-\

dont bet on the jotw buff making regain more reliable. ill tell u right now with some of the mana regain nurfs they are doing to holy pallys IF they would buff jotw, youll see alot of holy pallys just smacking adds to regain mana inbetween casts.

Quote Originally Posted by HotsPal

dont bet on the jotw buff making regain more reliable. ill tell u right now with some of the mana regain nurfs they are doing to holy pallys IF they would buff jotw, youll see alot of holy pallys just smacking adds to regain mana inbetween casts.
    very true, sorry didnt think in a healers point of view, but being ret i hate to be dependable on healers to gain mana because of Sob's recoil and SA, wich is a very bad mechanism for mana reg. but u are right, and holy palas will need a mana reg mechanic aswell, but blizzard always loves to screw with us :-[

EDIT: sorry i suck at writting and corrected a few things for better understanding :P

Quote Originally Posted by macaco
    very true, sorry didnt think in a healers point of view, but being ret i hate to be dependable on healers to gain mana because of Sob's recoil and SA, wich is a very bad mechanism for mana reg. but u are right, and holy palas will need a mana reg mechanic aswell, but blizzard always loves to screw with us :-[

EDIT: sorry i suck at writing and corrected a few things for better understanding :P
    and dont forget, they are making mana spring and BoW non stackable, as far as i understand. apparently pally buffs are too unique...yet they decided to make BoK a trainable skill again over a tree skill since noone was picking it up with talent points and it wasnt being used...

sounds mildly contradictory to me.
    If you ask me, seems like they are on the way to breaking paladins a bit.

"Mage (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Spirit affecting DPS in the future?
    I said that a proper benefit of Spirit to mages would be for it to affect dps. But I cautioned that you should not expect your dps to go up overnight because of this change. Perhaps I was being too cautious, but I know that at least some players are hoping to get free dps out of the deal. The problem we are trying to fix here is not "mage dps is too low." The problem we are trying to fix is "mage gear has spirit, which doesn't do much for them except for a small bit of in-combat mana regen."

If you think mage dps is too low, that is a separate topic, but we would still be unlikely to fix that by suddenly giving you 10 dps for every point of spirit on your gear.

[...] I said mage A (little to no Spirit on gear) and mage B (Spirit on gear) would have similar dps. Currently A has higher dps because she has no "wasted stats."

I probably ended up confusing some people because I was trying to be too cautious in saying do not expect mage B >>>>> mage A. (Source)"

" Mage (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    * Mirror Image: The images no longer cast Polymorph.
    Fire
    * Improved Scorch: Increased critical strike chance is now 1%, down from 2% per application of the Improved Scorch effect.
    Frost
    * Winter’s Chill: Increased critical strike chance is now 1%, down from 2% per application of Winter’s Chill."

So what you're saying is, b/c of scorch and chill's DECREASE, you're taking mages off the top of the DPS charts in 5 man part, 10 man raid, or 25 man raid, unless they have the images out? And only then we our DPS pick up for what? 30 seconds or less b/c the images are so weak. Then you're going to TRY to make up for it bad adding an ever so slight increase to spell damage from spirit. Winter's Chill was the bread and butter of a frost mage's DPS. We don't hit as hard as Fire mages, so we NEED that crit bonus. Arcane has tons of possible instant casts, so their damage is up anyway. I agree with a previous poster. If we personally build these talents up, why not take the extra crit % away from the RAID but NOT the mage???? Where is OUR personal buff now?

Draygone - Cenarius

wow fking blizzz. fking give dks a break, nurfing frost dks like by fking 50% wth is that and boosting pallys..? are u guys on crack? pallys are unstoppable atm why the hell would u want to boost them? trying to balance the classes?? blizz ftl u fking fail

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoKnight
    wow fking blizzz. fking give dks a break, nurfing frost dks like by fking 50% wth is that and boosting pallys..? are u guys on crack? pallys are unstoppable atm why the hell would u want to boost them? trying to balance the classes?? blizz ftl u fking fail

LOL?
    pretty sure your on crack?

incase you havent noticed because you are too busy playing your frost dk....pally tanks have a bit of problem on occassion with TANKING, be it mana.

let say when your tanking as a dk, you run outta rune power in like lets say a 2 minute fight, and ur struggling to get it back up to maintain threat. that would be like a prot pally. Get over yourself, what does fixing a prot pally have to do with anything involving a dk? get a grip.

(and just a fyi, all they have done is nurf ret and holy since the start of wotlk...so like i said, get a grip)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsofevil
    Arcane has tons of possible instant casts, so their damage is up anyway.
    Uhm..? Have I missed something, since when did Arcane have "tons of possible instant casts"? Arcane have one instant cast if specced for it (51 pt talent) and one that is an AoE spell, ofc we also have PoM which will make the next spell (with less than 10 sec cast time) instant, but the last one is on a fairly long cooldown.

Want to compare that to Frost or Fire spec?
    Fire = Fire blast, single target instant cast, not talented; Firestarter, AoE instant cast proc, talented; Hot Streak, Single target instant cast, talented; Living bomb, Single target instant cast, talented. (By my count thats one more than arcane spec have)
    Frost = Frost nova, AoE instant cast, not talented; Ice Lance, Single target instant cast, not talented; Brain Freeze, Single target instant cast, talented. (Equal to Arcane by my count of 3 instants)

Maybe that you take in calculation the very many utility spells that arcane have? Like counterspell, spellsteal and such as well? Then why not also take in consideration all the instant different armors used? and Arcane Int and Arcane Brilliance?

Lets just be fair about that most of Fire or Frost is based on RNG atm while arcane is more balanced, both fire and frost atm are surviving on either critting often or having high critnumbers so i can understand that when Blizzard decide to take away 5% crit, magecommunity tend to whine about killing the class, the 3.1 patch is still under development and should be treated such, not by having a ton of doomsday prophets running around with their panties in a twist, but just stay cool and if you have any real facts on how this will affect the class then show it to the devs instead of complaining on a public forum that is not a Blizzard relateded one.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.