Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms changes 3.1 NEW

Arms

Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have once again swapped places in the talent tree.
    New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat.
    Unrelenting Assault: Now also increases the damage of Overpower and Revenge by 10/20%, and causes Overpower (when used to attack a casting target) to decrease the effectiveness of all the target’s non-physical damage and healing by 25/50% for 6 seconds. Tooltip and visual updated.

Um...I totally didnt see this coming...nope...not in a million years. I've got to sit and think this one out.

...but I still don't see this huge pve damage buff we were supposed to get. I'm not sure it matters tho if Unrelenting Assault works on pve bosses...we will now have a guaranteed spot like shaman.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Re: Arms changes 3.1 NEW

Weapon Mastery is more expertise that we almost didn't need, but gimping out the Furies, which makes me giggle a little inside.

Juggernaught is huge, makes me happy to keep Improved Charge as part of a basic spec, I mean, honestly, how many times does a warrior have to get out of melee, but coming in with free rage? Hell yes.

UA giving us damage on Overpower is kind of awesome, but I'm pretty sure that it'd be OP to count on 50% magic reduction on raid-bosses. My guess is they'll be immune, or that combat rogues and/or Death Knights will get that too, but then that can become terrible to balance around it.

You're forgetting the 10% armor ignore going on Battlestance. Hoorah.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Arms is doing more dmg then furry on ptrs already even without those changes.
    and with those changes it will be hell yes give me the dmg xD
    ... the only thing i´m concerned a little bit is that i´m having rage problems on ptr training-dummy, some times even to the point where i think spending 2 points in improved slam is a complete wast, but after thinking about it a little bit it seems that the juggernaut talent, boss AE abilities and a little more expertise will solve this problem for me ^^

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

I love this forum full of clueless little downies that make things up.

Arms doing more damage then fury on the PTR??

LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by DMCDante
    I love this forum full of clueless little downies that make things up.

Arms doing more damage then fury on the PTR??

LMFAO
    It's doing more training dummy DPS atm, but that doesn't really say much because Fury is fucking awful on training dummies.

Arms

Improved Intercept and Weapon Mastery have once again swapped places in the talent tree.
    New Talent: Juggernaut: Grants the warrior the ability to Charge while in combat.
    Unrelenting Assault: Now also increases the damage of Overpower and Revenge by 10/20%, and causes Overpower (when used to attack a casting target) to decrease the effectiveness of all the target’s non-physical damage and healing by 25/50% for 6 seconds. Tooltip and visual updated.

I'm getting more and more excited to make an Arms PvE DPS spec my second spec in 3.1.

Arms PvE dps has been greatly increased. 100% OP proc every 6 sec means guaranteed crit every 6 seconds which keeps deep wounds rolling as well as trauma/enrage. Im already doing 3k dps on target dummy as arms on ptr and now im getting a free 20% more OP damage as well as 2% less dodge chance (meaning i can drop some expertise for something else). Im not sure how you can't see the pve damage increase.....

And there is no way you are doing more damage as fury on ptr over arms. Unless you really really suck at arms.

If youre serious about playing arms use NeedtoKnow add-on to keep track of rend, exe proc, and OP proc.

Charge in combat will be nice. Tanks usually pull ahead of group and pull you into combat before youre in range of the mob/boss. So we get to start off with some nice rage, and fights like Sapph blah blah we get free rage.

my concern is..

is this Overpower on Rend-tick shares the same 6 sec. internal cd with the Overpower coming from Dodges/parries of the enemy?

If not, then there is the big PvE dmg increase... (even if it shares int. cd, no more minutes spent in unlucky fights without an Overpower proc..)

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    my concern is..

is this Overpower on Rend-tick shares the same 6 sec. internal cd with the Overpower coming from Dodges/parries of the enemy?

If not, then there is the big PvE dmg increase... (even if it shares int. cd, no more minutes spent in unlucky fights without an Overpower proc..)
    The proc from rend has an internal CD, not Overpower being available to use. While this should matter in pve since you should be expertise capped, in pvp it would be a concern. But from the tooltip i would say that overpower can proc from a dodge regardless of the tfb CD.

I hope they'll let warriors Overpower in zerker stance.
    Garrosh wants YOU to kill furries!

Quote Originally Posted by m1abrams
    I doubt it.

But these changes for pvp are looking pretty excellent - hopefully charge and intercept wont share a cooldown tho.

Arms PvP is getting a huge buff, I am psyched

I can't wait to finally switch to Arms for PvP (I am still definitely keeping Fury PvE - it's way more fun than Arms in PvE ... gg dual-spec ;D )

Quote Originally Posted by m1abrams
    Considering overpower and rend work together, and both require battle stance, that would be pointless.

15+ Year Old Account

Looks awesome. I can't tell you how frusterating it is to get ready to charge into combat then you're in combat

Why can't they just make arms for pvp, fury for pve and prot for tanking? -_-

I'm not completely happy with the nerfing fury to make arms be more viable. I like both specs and happy with most of the arms changes. It just seems at times they are blowing smoke with real changes when all they did was nerf fury and made little ups to arms so they look comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender
    Why can't they just make arms for pvp, fury for pve and prot for tanking? -_-
    Because that's retarded. KK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sic
    I'm not completely happy with the nerfing fury to make arms be more viable. I like both specs and happy with most of the arms changes. It just seems at times they are blowing smoke with real changes when all they did was nerf fury and made little ups to arms so they look comparable.
    Although, I do have to agree with this.

Nerfing Fury =/= buffing Arms.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

First off, Warriors trying to guage their dps on target dummies need to get in a group, and test their dps there. Not on target dummies. Target dummies provide a general guideline to where your damage will be, and will never be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sic
    They're not nerfing fury to make arms look more attractive. They're nerfing fury because fury was doing too much dps overall (i.e. compared to all other dps classes), and they're buffing arms because it was doing too little.

Dps isn't relative. Ghostcrawler has said that they have a dps number in mind that they expect dps classes to hover around under ideal conditions. Fury overshot that target in 3.0.9. Arms fell short.

Originally Posted by Eyonix
    We see comments on the difficulty of a raid dungeon every time we've released one since after Blackwing Lair. The complaints never come from the players who actually did any of the content interestingly enough.

All this talk of Arms "DPS" is making me want to punch babies.
    Needs more RAWR PVP and RAWR BURST!