Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    TheRealMethuselah

Re: Macro(s) for huge fps jump in WoW

@ HELLBURN: No kidding

I mean if it gets your graphics lower. Because I want them on high.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

TheRealMethuselah

Yes, it makes them a bit lower.

Didn't do anything for me.
    Graphics got a bit worse but FPS stayed the same.

;<

TheRealMethuselah

There's no way these macros caused your ntfs corruption... they don't even deal with the file system, it's just graphics settings.

I have an Nvidia based graphics card on my machine and use these macros everytime I run WoW.

If a macro could crash your computer, I'm sure someone would have made a WoW virus a long time ago.

Deleted

That aside, I used the first two macro's and my FPS increased by quite alot (20-25).

Thanks.

TheRealMethuselah

Glad I could help my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Moka
    /target useless moron contributing nothing to the thread
    /slap

That aside, I used the first two macro's and my FPS increased by quite alot (20-25).

Thanks.
    That ROCKS; 20-25 fps increase is phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    No, i'm not saying that these deal with the file system, i know that. I'm saying that there's probably a disagreement between some of the engines coding, and nVidia based cards, which in turn triggered something which may, or may not, be unique to my system.

Also, it was on the PTR, like i said. It's likely that with the changes they made to settings (e.g. they added a new level to shadows, as well as numerous other system-based changes), have an issue with nVidia based cards, while the live version of WoW might not.

Also, who buys a new computer when they got qualifications in computer repair?
    Understood, hopefully they can get on fixing these incompatibilities, they seem to be piling up with each new patch after WoTLK.

A+ FTW.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMethuselah
    That ROCKS; 20-25 fps increase is phenomenal!
    I usually run at about 10-18 FPS and 20 on a good day. I swear I'm about -10 FPS in Dalaran, usually takes me a good +/-5 minutes to run from one bank to the other. Now I'm at a comfortable 18 FPS there.

Though I'll need to check this out tomorrow as I play an EU realm and it's not all that crowded at 2AM. :P

TheRealMethuselah

Understood, I'll be crossing my fingers for ya... I was getting around 18 fps in Dalaran, now I'm at a much better 27.

I used:

Code:
    /console m2Faster 1
    /console ffx 0
    /console hwPCF 1
    /console shadowlod 0
    /console timingmethod 1
    /console showshadow 0
    /console showfootprints 0
    /console showfootprintparticles 0
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 0
    /console groundeffectdensity 16
    /console groundeffectdist 1
    /console smallcull 1
    /console skycloudlod 1
    /console extshadowquality 0
    /console environmentDetail 0.5
    It let me bump my resolution back to native, 1440x900, while still keeping 35-40 FPS in Dalaran. Those stupid shadows!!! I had been running at a lower resolution. Even with the textures turned down, the UI parts of the game look so much better. Even overall, the game looks much better, since I'm on a LCD monitor. Sooo nice. I mean, really, who the crap cares about shadows?

I didn't use:

Code:
    /console overridefarclip 0
    /console farclip 177
    /console horizonfarclip 1305
    /console characterAmbient 1
    Because I didn't want to make the viewing distance any shorter, and I didn't use characterAmbient, because it just looked really bad.

TheRealMethuselah

That's awesome, I usually have everything set to low except the texture resolution and my spell detail is in the middle, but I use the rest of the macros and my resolution is at 1280x800 (native for my laptop)... glad it could help you out ;D

I'm used all macros but they didn't improve my fps. :'( Can anyone help me?

Which exact file in the WTF do these settings affect? Are they global, or per-character?

TheRealMethuselah

They only change settings in the Config.wtf, they are global, but if you want to reset just delete the config.wtf file and they should go back to default.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabelex
    I'm used all macros but they didn't improve my fps. :'( Can anyone help me?
    Unless you have a REALLY bad machine, these should improve your fps dramatically.

TheRealMethuselah

You're very welcome. ;D

I just did as was suggested in the first post, made the three macros...clicked them all in turn...but nothing happened...should there be a reload of wow when the new settings are in effect? Or some UI response? i don't see any fps difference really and there wasn't any for me :/

(this was on live)

I usually get about 20FPS in dalaran, I used these macros and I went up to 23FPS for a rather huge loss (I usually play with everything maxed).

I also didnt get any change from using m2Faster 0, 1, 2, or 3 despite the fact that I am using a quad core (Q6600). I wouldnt think that it would be a video card bottleneck since I am using an 8800Ultra...

Quote Originally Posted by rellex
    I just did as was suggested in the first post, made the three macros...clicked them all in turn...but nothing happened...should there be a reload of wow when the new settings are in effect? Or some UI response? i don't see any fps difference really and there wasn't any for me :/

(this was on live)
    If you look at them it, you can tell what each one does and enter it one by one, rather than using a macro entry.

Code:
    /console ffx 0
    /console hwPCF 1
    /console shadowlod 0
    /console timingmethod 1
    /console showshadow 0
    /console showfootprints 0
    /console showfootprintparticles 0
    The first one disables/enables pixel shaders, the second one enables a more efficient shadow rendering method (I think), shadowlod, showshadow, both are for shadows. These make a HUGE difference, as shadows are often a huge load on the GPU. Not sure what timing method does, the last two are for footprints, etc...

The second macro deals with things like how far you can see, how much grass shows up, other doodads.

You can obviously see when the shadows are no longer being rendered...your character no longer has a shadow, nor do any others.

Code:
    /console characterAmbient 1
    Was probably the most obvious change - it removes ambient lighting on the character models and makes them look really, really bad.

I used those macro's u linked to INCREASE graphix for real good machines. in tbc it was nice but now in wotlk my fps is low

How can i turn off those graphix increase stuff?

i want more fps :-\

gz Shazjia

EDIT: nvm ignore my post my fps in dalaran went from ~15 to ~30 so im happy THX!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Wow nice, thanks man!