Wtf seal of blood glyph

With the recent posted change to Spiritual Attunement. The Glyph of Seal of Blood is going to become completely useless for ret pallys so why buff it to 30% more mana returned from Spiritual Attunement? Does Blizz Think it's a tanking seal?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Wtf seal of blood glyph

The state of Ret with the SA change is in dire need of restructure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Which blizz have stated that they are looking at, I would guess that the current build will be used in part to test just how much they have to change JotW to make ret run as smooth as they want, this is one of those changes that they can't make without some numbers from testing. If it needs restructure regardless of SA is a completely seperate issue :P

As for the glyph, I would guess that it's just something that's not been updated since blizz decided that they'd pull SA in this PTR patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    Which blizz have stated that they are looking at, I would guess that the current build will be used in part to test just how much they have to change JotW to make ret run as smooth as they want, this is one of those changes that they can't make without some numbers from testing. If it needs restructure regardless of SA is a completely seperate issue :P

As for the glyph, I would guess that it's just something that's not been updated since blizz decided that they'd pull SA in this PTR patch.
    More Precise Quote: *As for the glyph, I would guess that it's just something that's not been updated since blizz decided that they'd pull SA in this PTR patch.*

The glyph is the current glyph in current build with the SA pull it's just been boosted from I think 10% to 30%

*Lol copied a link by accident

Yeah, you know blizz, probably just people not talking to each other, or this was put in the list of glyphs to be implemented now a while ago and forgotten about with respect to this change etc - SoB glyph will probably be binned when blizz notice it, but it's probably just something that's been forgotten by devs. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd forwarded all the glyph ideas to a certain guy a while ago, and that's someone who's left out of the loop on class changes like this etc., although nobody can be sure other than blizz.

I think it really depends on where the SA talent actually is in the prot tree.
    If its in tier 1 or 2 then even holy could get it and we are back to the same problem, but if its in tier 3 or tier 4 then holy won't go after it since its too deep for them and they would lose the crit from ret tree.
    Retri paladins would on the other hand need to go trough prot since it has the only other useful talents available to them.

We will see, but its our jobs as paladins, if we have access to the PTR, to provide good feedback to blizz, so they can fix any mess that might arise before it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    I think it really depends on where the SA talent actually is in the prot tree.
    If its in tier 1 or 2 then even holy could get it and we are back to the same problem, but if its in tier 3 or tier 4 then holy won't go after it since its too deep for them and they would lose the crit from ret tree.
    Retri paladins would on the other hand need to go trough prot since it has the only other useful talents available to them.

We will see, but its our jobs as paladins, if we have access to the PTR, to provide good feedback to blizz, so they can fix any mess that might arise before it goes live.
    Blizz has already said it's DEEP in the prot tree. According to them it should be a prot talent and only a prot talent so I'm guessing 8th or 9th tier in prot

Hoping it's in the first 7 tiers of prot, preferably the first 6, to reduce the amount of filler to get deeper into prot, but we'll see where it ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatteredBWL
    With the recent posted change to Spiritual Attunement. The Glyph of Seal of Blood is going to become completely useless for ret pallys so why buff it to 30% more mana returned from Spiritual Attunement? Does Blizz Think it's a tanking seal?
    This is clearly an oversight. While I have no inside information, I think its safe to assume Blizzard realizes Seal of Blood is not for tanking.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

Well, if SA is deep in the protection tree, then its clear where Blizz will apply the proper fix to retribution mana regen.
    It won't be in JoW or SoW, cause then it would raise paladins utility and overall raid mana regen, which is what they want to cut down on.
    So it will clearly be Judgment of the Wise, they will probably have to buff it to about 25% of the base mana to make it efficient and to compensate for the lack of SA.
    However JoTW might cause some PVP problems if its over done, and Blizz is probably afraid of this, but they have no other choice, they could either buff our one regen talent, or invent a new one that would be balanced for PVP and PVE, which in my opinion is the hard way out and it would also be kind of stupid for a spec to have to need two mana regen talents.

As for the glyph, if they don't remove the recoil damage on SoB, I'm hoping the glyph at least removes it.

15+ Year Old Account

you can bet ur ass the next patch or another it is going to change

now stop making retarded topics about it. ITS A FUCKING PTR! nothing is implemented at the same time.

a blue said a couple of days ago that SA would probably change to a talent and he also said this was to tunning down Holy mana regen. he also sad it'd prbably be a talent in deep prot AND deep ret. which makes perfect sense since they are removing some talents and smacking some togheter in ret tree.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    you can bet ur ass the next patch or another it is going to change

now stop making retarded topics about it. ITS A FUCKING PTR! nothing is implemented at the same time.

No need to swear at people for posting a topic. Yes it is a PTR, but that also means that it's 50% true that it will change for Live.

Being worried on a issue like this, is ok because there is a chance for it to happen. Being "It's a fucking PTR" doesn't mean it will NEVER happen.

So either post something more constructive or stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    No need to swear at people for posting a topic. Yes it is a PTR, but that also means that it's 50% true that it will change for Live.

Being worried on a issue like this, is ok because there is a chance for it to happen. Being "It's a fucking PTR" doesn't mean it will NEVER happen.

So either post something more constructive or stfu.
    Honestly, I think it's fine to get upset with these people who are reading just enough to get themselves into trouble. If you're going to read PTR notes, you should read PTR discussion from Blues. It's a work in progress, Blizz is not retarded, etc. I don't think this one is even worth discussion, to be honest.

Reacting is fine. Overreaction to minor things like this, though, is a big part of why ret has the reputation that it has. Try to chill out y'all :P

Personally I hope they change the glyph to reduce damage inflicted on yourself when using SoB/tM, and remove SA completely from Ret.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

30% of 0 is...any guesses? Haha, I was wondering the same thing when I saw the glyph.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ScatteredBWL

The sky is falling. RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul
    The sky is falling. RUN!
    NO!!

BUBBLE HEARTH!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Suggestion: Glyph of Seal of Blood: Reduces the amount of damage returned to the user by 50%