Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...

Re: Combat Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna
    Hi !

Great Compendium so far, and quite appreciated to see a good rogue community.

My questions is about rupture... I'm currently doing ICC25 Heroic and I'm trying to maximize my DPS. Of course I'm using the Spreedsheet but I know from reading the dozens and dozens of EJ pages of thread that the spreadsheet wasn't done and won't be updated for the change to the rupture. In other words : The modeling isn't done to know if rupture would be better...

So I'm at the point where I'm wondering if on static fight (BQ, Saurfrang and Fest like) a rupture build would be better than the ruptureless one (SS + SnD + Evis).
    The standard answer is : Depends on gear. Sadly since I can't model this I have no clue if I should change my offspec (mut) to a rupture build and keep my main spec as an evis build.

Also, if I should go in a rupture build (2/2 blood splatter, 3/3 ruthless and 0/3 improve evis), should I change my Evis Glyph to the rupture one? On that one I've been reading a lot of difference....

Thanks!

You can update the latest spreadsheet to activate the Tier 8 4 piece set bonus. There are plenty of posts on elitistjerks and here that tell you how. So you can model it.

For a rupture build, drop the Evis Glyph and get the Rupture Glyph.

Instead of having a Evis spec and Rupture spec, I just use a Rupture spec (11/12 heroic 25). Pretty much every fight I do just fine on damage wise and everything prior to LK is a cakewalk anyways, thanks 15% (lol 20%), so unless you have a use for your secondary spec you could have both builds but if you only have one spot for pve combat then go with the rupture build...you won't notice much of a difference on many fights (just use evis when appropriate).

If you are not a lazy rogue and can keep rupture up for a long time (say 75% of the fight), then it's a DPS increase over Eviscerate. The DPS gap between ruptureless builds and rupture builds gets smaller as you get more ArP, but generally, if you can keep rupture up in a rupture build, it's a dps increase.

Just be sure to swap out the Evis glyph for Rupture

The only disadvantage is on fights where you're required to move a lot and rupture falls off.

iDPS has a model for rupture builds if you're interested in messing around with it. You can also enable the rupture ticks critting by setting something on the spreadsheet, but iDPS is a bit easier to work with.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Rayocell - BE Paladin (Holy/Prot)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Durashell - UD Rogue (Combat/Sub)

The combat sheet, does it have the wrong stats/value for LK25 weps? I'm mainly talking about the xbow, when I put it to use in the spreadsheet, it says I'm loosing DPS and 20 arp for some reason, can't figure out why. Using Njorndar Bone Bow (HC) right now but got the LK xbow yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dheth
    The combat sheet, does it have the wrong stats/value for LK25 weps? I'm mainly talking about the xbow, when I put it to use in the spreadsheet, it says I'm loosing DPS and 20 arp for some reason, can't figure out why. Using Njorndar Bone Bow (HC) right now but got the LK xbow yesterday.
    Yes it does, you'll have to unhide the sheet and edit the values.

Quote Originally Posted by duraz0rz
    If you are not a lazy rogue and can keep rupture up for a long time (say 75% of the fight), then it's a DPS increase over Eviscerate. The DPS gap between ruptureless builds and rupture builds gets smaller as you get more ArP, but generally, if you can keep rupture up in a rupture build, it's a dps increase.

The only disadvantage is on fights where you're required to move a lot and rupture falls off. .
    This is just plain wrong. If 5cp rupture does more damage than 5cp evis then it's better regardless of overall uptime. Movement in itself does not hurt rupture builds in any more than evis builds. Evis build only has an advantage in fights where your targets die before rupture can tick through its whole duration.

hi ,i hope some one on here can help me as when i tried this post on elitistjerks all i got was an infraction warning!! i thought the spreadsheet would enable me to add my gear gems and enchants then have an idea how to make it better? if so how does it work? i ve also had trouble opening the sheets as can only seam to open them with microsoft spreadsheet programme,which keeps coming up with errors,any help would be grateful,thankyou

I've seemed to run into an issue with the spreadsheet plus OpenOffice.
    When I first dinged 80, I was following the spreadsheet, but after a while I got a little curious as to why it just kept saying gem AP, regardless of gear (I went from about 4.5k GS to 5.9k, and it still says gem AP).
    So I had someone plug in my current gear to see if the spreadsheet was correct, or my version of OpenOffice is somehow messed up.

Turns out, my OpenOffice is messed up. So I'm wondering if someone can maybe help me out a bit and let me know what might be wrong?

I'm using version 3.2.0 OOO320m12 Build 9483 at the moment.

Bumpin this piece of knowledge. Also this is updated for ICC right?

(Bumpin cause its a bitch to find all the way on page bumblefuck and the search is broken)

This thread hasn't been updated, there currently is no combat guide up-to-date on MMO.

refer to liquoids on WoWhead, or the pocket guide

both of them are up to date

15+ Year Old Account
    What are the best pre raid MH/OH weaps when freshly dinged 80 @ this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Morthas View Post
    What are the best pre raid MH/OH weaps when freshly dinged 80 @ this time?
    I would say Nighttime/Liars Tongue for 5-man weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I would say Nighttime/Liars Tongue for 5-man weapons.
    Dont have req gear yet for HOR to get liars, have nighttime though, any alternative?

I have the Blood Sweeper dagger, but tht combo isnt tht good for talents, u think its beter then avool sword of jin in oh?

Edit: Ow and what about ench, i dont wanna put beserk on them until some icc axes :P

Dont have req gear yet for HOR to get liars, have nighttime though, any alternative?

I have the Blood Sweeper dagger, but tht combo isnt tht good for talents, u think its beter then avool sword of jin in oh?

Edit: Ow and what about ench, i dont wanna put beserk on them until some icc axes :P
    Since you're just gearing up, I'd say use the best gear you can get to allow you to queue for HoR, then swap gear to a more optimal gear set (average ilevel is not always best), at least until you get the OH sword.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes but dont have that eighter, have some 200 lvl etc between my gear.

I think i go for the blood sweeper and random dagger from hor to get 232 gear /w cqc

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Since you're just gearing up, I'd say use the best gear you can get to allow you to queue for HoR, then swap gear to a more optimal gear set (average ilevel is not always best), at least until you get the OH sword.
    According to Blizzard the LFG system also looks at the gear in your bags and in the bank. There should be no need to equip it (haven't tested it though).

15+ Year Old Account
    Have NT/LT now <3

Yay .. now Trink from FOS HC and the Rogue is ready to do some TOC/ICC

Best Combat Rogue pre-raid main hand requires the dropping of a Battered Hilt…!

I got mine offa Devourer of Souls, with a Need-97 roll…

And then two days to complete the quest chain, as Blizz decided to 'extend' their 24 hour maintenance-fest…

Oh, my off-hand is Liar's Tongue…

But I gotta say, I REALLY wish Blizz would give us Combat Rogues another matched set of swords; from levels 70 thru 80 I rocked Latro's Flurry, which was AWESOME…!
    Last edited by Boil; 2010-08-04 at 04:58 PM. Reason: soapboxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope they will fix that in Cata

Quel is nice idd, but not for for example 9k ..

I rather do some TOC/ICC and get as good/beter <3

Hope they will fix that in Cata

Quel is nice idd, but not for for example 9k ..

I rather do some TOC/ICC and get as good/beter <3
    Well, I am in a raiding guild now, so hopefully I will find some better drops; but until there, Quel is pretty dang sweet…!

And I wish Blizz would have made Battered Hilt a Bind-on-Pickup, so when someone sees you with the resulting weapon they do not automatically think you bought the Hilt off of the AH…!!!

REALLY hoping Cata brings Combat Rogues a SWEET matched sword set, maybe one set that is obtainable from dungeons (like Latro's Flurry) and another that is an endgame boss grind (like the Warglaives)…