Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Odds they nerf feral DPS before 3.1 goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewuhf
    There's not 1 change that actually increases our dps... Shred is actually getting nerfed through the glyph. So how do you think that your damage got buffed unless it was due to a bug?
    Bleeds will crit and the change to Savage Roar (+40% AP changed to up to +36% damage with glyph) increases our damage. We will gain another +2% to all stats from Improved MoTW. The Shred glyph also increases our PVE dps by lengthening Rip by up to 6 seconds. The buffs to our PVE damage will be quite massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian
    I'll vouch for Pask, a RL buddy of mine joined up with his guild a few weeks back and says that Pask puts up these kind of numbers all the time. Pretty sure his meter had Pask just over 6100 for Patchy a week or two ago.

Skill + Knowledge > All when it comes to DPS and his history proves that. 2K+ DPS for a cat was unheard of before SWP yet he figured out how to do it. 6k+ dps is still all but unobtainable for 90% of raiders and yet he does it with a VERY under-represented spec.

To the OP: I bet a change is coming from what things are like right now on the PTR, but even if it stays as-is on live feral dps is still in VERY good shape.
    Thanks for the support <3. But here's the screen shot of my recount on heroic training dummy

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/564...1709082152.jpg

About a 4 minute parse or so.

Damn im definatly doing somthing wrong... my top 3 dmging attacks are Rip Melee and Shred (in that order) normally

dont supose you would like to make a little video or somthing so i can see how you use combo points ect...

i would definatly say thats down to skill considering your gear looks the normal endgame feral druids, yet your shred is still doing so much dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    Damn im definatly doing somthing wrong... my top 3 dmging attacks are Rip Melee and Shred (in that order) normally

dont supose you would like to make a little video or somthing so i can see how you use combo points ect...

i would definatly say thats down to skill considering your gear looks the normal endgame feral druids, yet your shred is still doing so much dmg.
    It's not my shred per say...

Let me explain. IMO What most feral druids do wrong all comes down to how they use their beserk. First thing I have the Beserk glyph, Shred Glyph, and Savage roar glyph. I choose beserk over Rip because after a million tests i found it to be better. Reason being is rip doesnt help AT ALL if you refresh it as soon as it falls off.

Ok now back to beserk. This is how i start my rotation barring any OOC procs.

(Assuming mangle bot, which i had)

Shred > SR > Rake > Shred > TF + Beserk > Shred to 5cps > rip > Shred (rake when needed obv) to 5cps then SR again.

At this point you'll have over 10 seconds left on rip and about 10 or so on beserk...Also you'll have 30 seconds on SR so you won't need to worry about that.

What i do for the next 10 seconds is really difficult, ready for it?

I hit Shred > shred > shred > shred > shred > shred > shred (Yes even with 5 combo points during beserk!) then i refresh rip once beserk's done and rip falls off....ofc using Rake when needed too. From then i use TF when needed i FB if i have more then 8 Seconds on Savage roar or rip or more then 14 seconds of em both (idk if that makes sense I just use my gut feeling)

But yeah...keep rake, rip, and SR up at all times and you'll be good.

OH!!! Another thing i see noobs do. Say you have 4 sec on SR and your Rips off your target. Most of them will either A. Refresh Rip and try to 5 cp SR (losing duration time on SR ofc) Or B. refresh SR and lose a lot of time on Rip.

What you should do here is simple. Hit Rip, Hit shred (Rake's even better if that's down) Then pop a 1 or 2 cp (depending on crit) SR then work your way back up to a 5cp one. This way you have minimum downtime on SR.

Sorry if I'm not good at explaining things /sigh. Feel free to ask any questions. My specs in the other topic and my gear can be found @ wowarmory name: Paskgotsheal

OH and before anyone says "Oh you just had lucky RNG on Shred crits!!!111one!!1!eleven!!1"

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/650...1709085856.jpg

53% crit. My crit is @ 49.03% with the few buffs I had.

Why are people saying 2k dps before Sunwell was unheard as a feral???

There were plenty of people including myself who were getting over 2k on teron.

The highest I got was around 2200 before Sunwell, and there was another druid named Fs who pulled 2500 b4 Sunwell came out.

6k for a feral is good on live and with best in slot with 100% uptime it is not unrealistic. 5k+ on a dummy though does seem a bit high and we should get nerfed. I've been hearing rumors about ferals being higher dps than mages on ptr and that's just stupid. I agree we should be competitive but we should not be doing more damage against mages of equal skill and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    OH and before anyone says "Oh you just had lucky RNG on Shred crits!!!111one!!1!eleven!!1"

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/650...1709085856.jpg

53% crit. My crit is @ 49.03% with the few buffs I had.
    Less people are arguing about damage done on PTR than those who question whether or not you can say "consistent 6000dps on live" while people find your wws reports 70%+ crit rate for shred. We are not doubting the capability of druids to do damage, but you are a druid who convinces rogues to TotT chain and pump your damage who tries to put yourself above the rest of the druid community. Come back when you can show us what your "consistent damage" is without conning rogues for TotT or any other singletarget % increased damage (like Hysteria from DKs) for LIVE Patchwerk; if you hit your "consistent" 6k without those buffs, grats you won feral dps.

Quote Originally Posted by furyform
    Less people are arguing about damage done on PTR than those who question whether or not you can say "consistent 6000dps on live" while people find your wws reports 70%+ crit rate for shred. We are not doubting the capability of druids to do damage, but you are a druid who convinces rogues to TotT chain and pump your damage who tries to put yourself above the rest of the druid community. Come back when you can show us what your "consistent damage" is without conning rogues for TotT or any other singletarget % increased damage (like Hysteria from DKs) for LIVE Patchwerk; if you hit your "consistent" 6k without those buffs, grats you won feral dps.
    2 ToT is a chain now? And just ask anyone in the guild everytime i get to DPS im at or above 6k...It's not hard. I'll see if we can get a WWS this tuesday...we havent used em in a while because we have our core group and our arms warrior is to cheap to renew his subscription till Ulduar /sigh.

PS I never had hysteria in my life. WRU