Tanking rogues as a priest.

Yes, i'm nerdraging.

How am i supposed to survive a dual Sinister Revenge rogue?
    I POM, Shield, Renew and everything that i could possibly do before he opens up on me, then when he does, i might get a shield or Wound-gimped Desperate Prayer off before he completely rapes me.
    My gear isn't awesome, but i'm at 860 resi / 21k hp.

In case this is a L2P issue, please direct me to a L2Priest guide.

Re: Tanking rogues as a priest.

You aren't.

If you can somehow manage to survive the opening stun, you can Mind Control it to waste it's kick and then spam Flash Heal on yourself, but there's absolutely no way to survive in the long term unless your partner is peeling like crazy (and even then, it's not 100% that you can survive).

I am a priest too, and I just gave up on PVP...

We have to Spec/Gem very deep into surviving rogues, and other steamrollers
    This lowers our healing output by miles and makes me feel I often come short to heal others (2000sp in pvp gear 800resi, 20k stam)
    If I am able to deal with the burst of a less skilled/geared rogue I oom fast cuz of my stam and resi gems and still die a slow death before being able to kill the rogue...

Plus the comments dps give to me when QQ'ing about priest is, omg farm some more pvp gear lol!!! While the DPS themselves bums around in naxx 25

Also Pain Supression is comming short allready, Good DPS just nukes thru it ><

Anyhow I am looking forward for when Icecrown opens, wonder how long a priest survives against that kind of dps )

+The fact that in random BG you have to heal Twats and Dickweeds who dont give a rats ass about you when you get hit and just farm away, so in bg as healer you are only there to lengthen the farm of the DPS crew

Yes this is QQ and I am not ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    You aren't.

If you can somehow manage to survive the opening stun, you can Mind Control it to waste it's kick and then spam Flash Heal on yourself, but there's absolutely no way to survive in the long term unless your partner is peeling like crazy (and even then, it's not 100% that you can survive).
    As for Mind control, its a fair long cast with Mind Numbling Poison, plus a GOOD rouge just uses gouge to interupt that :/

I guess the Pain Supression glyph will be gamebreaking for priests, along with selfpenance.
    Overall, i think it's gonna be a great patch for priest pvp.

As for Pain Supression while stunned by rogue

1. *CLACK* Cheapshot

2. Cast Pain Suppressioin (to absorb the dmg while stunned)

3. The rogue blinds you and enters stealth again and starts over

4. You choose to trinket the blind and dot the rogue, he uses cloack of shadows and vanishes

5. Now you are stranded with no Pain Supressioin and no Trinket

Also being stunned is becomming alot less of an issue next patch
    Unbreakable Will 30% + Powerful Earthsiege Diamond 10% = 40% less stun time

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    As for Pain Supression while stunned by rogue

1. *CLACK* Cheapshot

2. Cast Pain Suppressioin (to absorb the dmg while stunned)

3. The rogue blinds you and enters stealth again and starts over

4. You choose to trinket the blind and dot the rogue, he uses cloack of shadows and vanishes

5. Now you are stranded with no Pain Supressioin and no Trinket

Also being stunned is becomming alot less of an issue next patch
    Unbreakable Will 30% + Powerful Earthsiege Diamond 10% = 40% less stun time

That's 5 more seconds of survival tho

The way to survive or beat rogue teams is all in how you engage.

1. You and your partner (assumings 2s) need to get into combat immediately... this way you both can't be sapped. Of course if you cop a sap and trinket a good rogue is going to blind you (or your partner immediately)

2. Because you can't avoid sap all the time you MUST split up... dont get sapped and have the rogue be able to move all of 5 yds to start bursting. If one of you get sapped you need the rogue to waste as much of the sap duration as possible getting to the next target. Under 0 circumstances should you trinket a sap, instead trinket the blind.

3. You need to fake out kicks... use Flash Heal when you are next to full health and cancel the cast, you will be amazed how many rogues can't resist hitting their kick button. If you come up against a good rogue casting mana burn on their healer is a good way from them to lock out your shadow school but allow you to cast your healing spells.

4. Learn to PS when incomming burst is comming. You can almost always get a feel for when the cheap shot is comming, so PS b4 it comes... I for one don't think i'll bother with the PS glyph, I rarely want to cast it when stunned coz I preemptively cast it b4 stuns.

5. Trinket Kidney shot, don't trinket the cheap shot... trinket kidney early and you will mitigate a lot of the rogues ability to stun lock.

6. Holy nova can throw a rogue out of stealth when you time it well. Again you get a feel for when the rogue is going to open on you and i've had a decent success rate breaking rogues stealth but hitting Holy Nova.

7. Your partner needs to help you, if its a DK he can DG/Chains of Ice the rogue. If its a Ret pally he can Hand of Freedom your kidney shots which removes the stun & crippling poison. If its a rogue he has plenty of cc, crippling, stuns etc to protect you when you need it.

8. Pressure the rogue, rogues can be very squishy and if you time a fear/MC combo on his healer the rogue isn't going to be in the game very long.

I agree rogues are a pain in the ass and they are never easy to deal with, but there are ways... you just need to get good at these types of tactics and thinking ahead of what you need to do now to live in 10sec.

Worshaka, reading something like that just gave me inspiration to start PvP'ing on my priest again. Thanks ^.^
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Worshaka, reading something like that just gave me inspiration to start PvP'ing on my priest again. Thanks ^.^
    Oh, you'll change your mind.

While a rogue will wear me down, my biggest troubles are against fury warriors... they just have the burst and capability to kill me very easily... i've yet to work out how to live against them.... Holy Pally/Fury War is a hard team for me to beat... as is Holy Pally/DK & Holy Pally/Hunter... tbh I have a decent success rate against rogue teams, be it double rogue, rogue/healer, rogue/mage...

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    While a rogue will wear me down, my biggest troubles are against fury warriors... they just have the burst and capability to kill me very easily... i've yet to work out how to live against them.... Holy Pally/Fury War is a hard team for me to beat... as is Holy Pally/DK & Holy Pally/Hunter... tbh I have a decent success rate against rogue teams, be it double rogue, rogue/healer, rogue/mage...
    Warriors can be a pain too, indeed.
    At least they don't have insane stunlock and Mind-numbing :>

I dunno, between their several charges & pummel they have the same effect as a rogue's stun locks. They hamstring, they put up a healing debuff and they seem to be able to burst a hell of a lot more than a rogue in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Haven't played in a little while, but what I found pretty effective is get on top of something (obviously doesn't work on nagrand), and cast mind control until he pummels it, which is basically free heals for a while, then recast.. Eventually you'll get one of, and a warrior at the bottom of blade's edge is time enough for heals+drinks (I tend to lure out a pummel, then throw some instants up, PI+haste enchant on gloves form engi, then recast, if you dont play higher then 1900-ish at least, most warriors won't run out to intercept it). I played with a warrior, so if your playing with a class that can acctually keep their healers away, or even stun the warr or something, this will work even better. Nothing more annoying then a shaman finding the time to windshock it the last second. But still, nothing more satisfying then that warrior below you, and just can almost hear him nerdraging.