Disc Priest Stats 3.1

Since Disc doesn't scale incredibly well with SP, and our manaregen is getting nerfed, would it be wise to replace some of my SP sockets with int, and perhaps grab a new trinket?
    I currently have 20.7k mana and 2061SP.

Re: Disc Priest Stats 3.1

I'm heavily considering switching to Disco in 3.1. My suggestion is to test out Ulduar w/ SP gems and see where your regen is at. If you find yourself healing just fine, but running OOM faster than you'd like, I'd switch to INT.

I'm pretty much dropping all of my spellpower for solid Intellect, we're going to need as much Replenishment as we possibly can. Kinda sad, goodbye thoroughput.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I suppose that is way to balance scaling. Otherwise you could just heal incredibly massive amounts, which means tanks need massive healthpools and bosses need to hit for massive amounts.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I'm pretty much dropping all of my spellpower for solid Intellect, we're going to need as much Replenishment as we possibly can. Kinda sad, goodbye thoroughput.
    I've been geared almost full int/mp5 since day 1 and my throughput is nothing to scoff at. Disc will, as it looks to me, be one of the least hurt healing classes... but I could be completely wrong.

The rapture change hurts bad, but looking at the overall picture I'm not going to lose a whole lot.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj
    I've been geared almost full int/mp5 since day 1 and my throughput is nothing to scoff at. Disc will, as it looks to me, be one of the least hurt healing classes... but I could be completely wrong.

The rapture change hurts bad, but looking at the overall picture I'm not going to lose a whole lot.
    Until the consolidation of Blessing of Wisdom/Mana Spring, I was wondering what the hell was taking blizzard from touching the "limitless" mana of a shaman, taking it down a notch. Does that count for the paladin too, or can we see Illumination go down to 50%?

greenmasheen

nerf beacon of light and divine plea

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    nerf bacon of light and divine plea
    Like this.

But it's fine, seriously.

Why is it that priests and paladins cry about eachother?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Like this.

But it's fine, seriously.

Why is it that priests and paladins cry about eachother?
    They are the anti- eachother class.

Priests have MDispel, the only thing that can pop the bubble

Paladins have the "Lol, heal myself and partner 15k every 2 seconds, while you do 3-4k every 3 seconds, and we never run out of mana"

Alright, gonna go on an intellect-madness and see how it works out.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Until the consolidation of Blessing of Wisdom/Mana Spring, I was wondering what the hell was taking blizzard from touching the "limitless" mana of a shaman, taking it down a notch. Does that count for the paladin too, or can we see Illumination go down to 50%?
    So far I have seen nothing pointing to a nerf in their crit based regen.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    So far I have seen nothing pointing to a nerf in their crit based regen.
    Which is funny, because crit just lost 100% of its status as a regen mechanic for Discipline.

15+ Year Old Account

Funny someone said that about the nerf to Divine Aegis/Rapture. I was going to point it out now.

I don't think reducing your spellpower is the better move on this. What I think is is reducing some of your crit. My unbuffed crit is 25% at present, and I think the only fight I MIGHT go close to OOM on is KT (and that takes getting hit by 3 mana detonations). However, I'm already planning to switch a few gems and enchants around to support regen over crit.

The best counterbalance they made to us in all these changes is making a whole slew of our talents less than 5 points and adding a crit buff to Focused Will. That 3% means you can shave off about 80 crit rating without missing a step on your Aegis procs. Aegis may not regen mana, but now they stack (yay!) and they do still prevent damage, which is still the one thing we do better than any healing tree in the game.

Spellpower still scales up your absorbtion amounts on shields, and critting still procs Aegises, and the bigger the crit heals are the more they can absorb. But replacing some of that crit you may have gemmed up for mp/5 or intellect, that's gonna be the better move.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Funny someone said that about the nerf to Divine Aegis/Rapture. I was going to point it out now.

I don't think reducing your spellpower is the better move on this. What I think is is reducing some of your crit. My unbuffed crit is 25% at present, and I think the only fight I MIGHT go close to OOM on is KT (and that takes getting hit by 3 mana detonations). However, I'm already planning to switch a few gems and enchants around to support regen over crit.

The best counterbalance they made to us in all these changes is making a whole slew of our talents less than 5 points and adding a crit buff to Focused Will. That 3% means you can shave off about 80 crit rating without missing a step on your Aegis procs. Aegis may not regen mana, but now they stack (yay!) and they do still prevent damage, which is still the one thing we do better than any healing tree in the game.

Spellpower still scales up your absorbtion amounts on shields, and critting still procs Aegises, and the bigger the crit heals are the more they can absorb. But replacing some of that crit you may have gemmed up for mp/5 or intellect, that's gonna be the better move.
    Indeed, i forgot about PWS/Divine Aegis, and that might be a reason to still stack SP.
    Yet I'm still gonna try to go for int stacking tho, i'm planning to get the 90Int Greatness card, and the 94 int JC trinket, a potential huge waste of cash if regen turns out to not be that bad .

If I remember correctly Penance has quite a high spellpower-coefficient. Talented Power Word:Shield also has a decent one. Flash heal, not so much.

With the penance glyph and more shield spamming in 3.1 our overall coefficient goes up a bit, so the benefit from spellpower should be more balanced against other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    If I remember correctly Penance has quite a high spellpower-coefficient. Talented Power Word:Shield also has a decent one. Flash heal, not so much.

With the penance glyph and more shield spamming in 3.1 our overall coefficient goes up a bit, so the benefit from spellpower should be more balanced against other healers.
    I don't know the exact numbers, but judging from my own character, Penance coeffecient seems to be very low.

15+ Year Old Account

Penance's coefficient is actually pretty high. If you crunch the numbers, it's the equal of Greater Heal. If we had a way to talent the healing of Penance as holy does for Greater Heal, you could see Penances healing for 21k on full crits. Which would be crazy.

Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present