Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cooking nerfed WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaquak
    Why is 90% of the wow community (or at least the ones that post) Whiney little bitches.
    the ones that dont post cause they dont waste their time speaking with 90% qq'ers^^
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

all these threads ever descend to are two camps:

1) people happy farming and time wasting has been taken from the game
    2) people who grinded and spent hours and are now butthurt over changes.

you know what WoW is like, if you want to be ahead of the curve you do things now or just wait a bit and get it easier. you're choice.

They have stated plenty of times they were NOT happy with the way Vanilla and TBC turned out with such a small % seeing end game content
    They were certainly happy when they checked their bank acct.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    Seriously? An elitist cook?
    Must be Gordon Ramsey's WoW character.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Not to mention, cooking is a SECONDARY profession. I can see them keeping the PRIMARY professions somewhat expensive and difficult to level up (Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting come to mind), but the secondary professions should be quite a bit easier imho. It should not require that you cook 50 meals of the same kind, in order to skill up ONE point.
    Yes because jewelcraft is very difficult to level, it took me one day (8hours) to level it to 400 (that was without buying everything, cost me 1300g as far as i rememeber). Try playing any other MMORPG and level a tradeskill in one day, that is not going to happen, trade skills are usually something that requires an effort, but not in wow, which is also why we can't have any really good rewards from trade skills. I would rather have trade skills to be difficult/require a lot of time/money to level, and then they would give some really cool items/bonuses. Instead of tradeskills just being a more or less insignificant bonus to those of us who really want to do min/maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesgift
    What Blizzard is doing to the game is interesting. But I'm not sure they really understand their customer base. Perhaps they stumbled on a formula that really worked but never really understood what that formula was. I've played this game since the beginning. My hours played would indicate that I'm a hardcore player. But I don't raid - hated it from the day I tried it years ago. I rarely arena - hate that too. But I love a well played battleground and I am fascinated by the in-game economy. So, I solo play and have found ways to really entertain myself.

Blizz may think that 'seeing the content' is why people play. I think they are wrong. I believe people play for the challenge, for bragging rights, for ways to show off their skills, ways to make themselves unique, and for plain epeen. Thats human nature. When all the little side games within the game are made easier, many of the players will find the angle of the game they enjoyed has been deconstructed and devalued. They will drift away. When the hard core raiders find anybody can succeed in raiding they will find another game to challenge them. When the casuals find they can get all the shit in game, their will be no one around to impress.

Blizz is turning chess into checkers to make it more attractive to the casual. But from where I sit they never had trouble attracting casual to the game anyway. If they trash it for the hardcore, they will end up ruining it for everyone.

What's wrong with wanting to be elite?
    Best post on MMO-Champion, since i don't know when, early TBC . I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    Blizz has a goal for their game. They have stated plenty of times they were NOT happy with the way Vanilla and TBC turned out with such a small % seeing end game content. The game is made to be played and they want more people to have a chance at experiencing more of the game. Yes that means leveling faster, taking out some attunements, making some of the mini game requirements easier etc etc.

Sure 1-60 is easier than in Vanilla, but you also have 20 more levels to go before reaching max level. Same goes for professions, higher cap means that new players and alts have more work to do than originally, so Blizz made a few things easier.

They also said they didn't like some things like the weapon oils. It was just one more thing that people had to farm for in order to just play/raid. Most people don't enjoy farming, they enjoy the quests, the lore, the challenge of encounters. That's the goal Blizz is trying to reach with small changes like these. Is it really that bad that they try to balance a few things?
    Why do you contradict yourself in the same post? How can you like the quests and the lore and the challenge and be happy when they remove quests that stop you from visiting different places to experience the lore. Where is the challenge in having nothing to do?

Seriously how many people actually enjoyed doing these lame fishing quests that takes you everywhere to fish 1 stupid fish?
    It's called a time sink, MMO's are full of these times sinks and it's what gives the game longevity and not 10hrs of play time like a grand theft auto. WOW these days is so low on content that you actually have nothing to do once your level 80. Alot of the assumed 12+ million players playing WOW these days have never played another MMO before because WOW has never been hard, it isn't now and it wasn't 4yrs ago, in other games it could take you 4yrs to just reach max level, not a week like it does in WOW. If you died you could lose XP imagine the riots at blizzard HQ from all the care bears then...lol.

It's not about flint and tinder, i've played wow 3yrs and never made a stupid fire and probably won't after this change. It's about removing things that are already easy that just take time.

I'm NOT complaining because i did it and now someone won't have to, the way i look at it that is their lost, they're the ones missing out on content. It's like saying i'm QQ'ing when i say people should read the "Watchmen" book, i'm sure i'd have a bunch of people saying "i can just go see the movie", sure you can but you're going to be missing a large portion of the whole thing. No wonder society these days is falling apart people have forgotten how to earn shit over the years and just expect the credit card companies to pay for them instead of working and saving for it.

Blizzard would make even more bazillions if they started selling levels to lazy ass people, $15 makes you instant 1-10, another $20 get you from 10-20 and so on and i bet some people would be paying a couple hundred just to have an instant level 80 character...lol

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    But we are forced to pay for the month for a game we once liked.
    Forced to pay? hmm

Dumbing down the game is indeed a bad thing, but removing the need to run around 30 minutes to kill some stupid birds and instead making it optional, how can that be a bad thing? Leveling secondary professions has always been easy, making it less annoying is good.
    Having only annoying things to do, or having only fun things to do and, if you finished, moving on to other things sounds awesome in my opinion.
    And don't compare secondary professions to the game in general and don't compare Wow to other MMO's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

If you think that you've been had by noobs whose life is made more convenient now compared to when u did it coupla yrs back, then stop playing now, log on in 2 yrs time, then u will see that u can have a premade lv 80 char to your liking, with all yer professions, and option to learn Rivendare Deathcharger and Ashes of A'lar from the riding trainer in Dalaran.

Point is, any mmo is an evolviong environment, what you have AT PRESENT is most important. Who cares abt how many times u run stratholme 3 yrs ago? Who cares abt u sweating yer ass to learn 250 cooking 3 yrs ago? If every1 thinks like you IRL then we would be living in caves still (why the fuck does the noobs now can have internet to send messages when 100 yrs ago we have to use postage stamps!!)

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    I have to agree with you topgun. How fucking boring are they making this game. There was a time when you actually had to play to accomplish stuff, now you just log on 4hrs a week and have nothing to do after.

God forbid i have to kill chickens for 20 minutes to get a few eggs and go to another zone to get a book!!!!

Ya ya i know they're adding Ulduar that will keep most people busy for 20-25hrs a week for a month and then we'll be back to 4hrs again.

The tradeskills were already extremely easy. I have no clue why people are happy about having less to do and the game becoming so idiot proof, i'm sorry guys but maybe if you enjoy it being idiot proof that you might find an idiot looking back at you in a mirror. More content, not less.

Are they really trying to make WOW like companies make console games these days? 10-15hrs of game play and then you either start over or stick the game on a shelf to gather dust, hell super mario 20yrs ago had more play then that.
    Does cooking actually give you a powerful weapon that can kill stuff? Does it actually give you anything beside making you look like a pirate/ninja and give you the title of "Chef"? Does the buffs last forever?

The correct answer is, "NO". So why should it take as long as a freakin legendary quest that involves you killing stuff with a reward of a major bad-ass weapon?

If it did, it would make sense. But it doesn't. And it's a Secondary Profession. They shouldn't take so long. On top of it, it has ABSOLUTELY NO REAL IMPACT ON THE GAME except fill the Auction House with more food buffs for you to eat.

Meh, its lame.
    The one thing that made cooking interesting was the fact that you had to actually look for ingredients in some cases.

There is a difference between "nerfing"/simplifying, and doing so things are not annoying. That's the common misunderstanding things things like Cooking, Fishing and raiding, if you know what I mean.

Personally I'm for simplifying of Cooking, because then more people will bother, and then they make their own food, and then they don't have to waste their gold off on the auction house for it.

Besides, this game takes a lot of time from before anyways. Things taking less time --> more time to do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovà
    Not really a nerf but it annoys me when they make shit easier for noobs..
    LESS QQ MOAR PEW PEW

Cooking was an interesting profession to level the first time around. I liked visitting new towns and picking up new recipies, and I didn't really mind grinding out the right animals on my way from A to B to get the mats I needed. That was the first time I levelled it though. It didn't bother me too much when I levelled my second character's cooking skill, but after that I was done, and without these changes there's no way I'd level cooking to past about 50 again. So, it kinda sucks for a few people that are going to miss that experience of working for it, but it's a huge bonus to those of us that have been through the levelling process already.