Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Blackout - Like Impact?

I posted this in the EU PTR forums, maybe someone could copy it to the US PTR forums?

--

[Suggestion] Blackout - like Impact?

So the priest shadow talent blackout (10% stunchance on spellcast) was removed, and the 10% stunchance talent that mages have actually gets buffed?

(Buff because you have more control over the stun)

So I suggest bringing back blackout in the priest tree. Make it a proc that lets your next shadowword death stun the target for 2/3 seconds. That would REALLY help us in pvp. Psychic horror is nice but losing blackout still hurts because stun > fear.

Why wasn't impact removed at the same time as blackout anyway?!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: Blackout - Like Impact?

I truly agree with you, it's unfair to remove our stun when keep mages :-/ I think it's a perfect idea! It's not a major stun as before but it's sure hlp out a lot.

15+ Year Old Account

You know, I wouldn't have that much of a problem with them keeping impact if it didn't proc off EVERYTHING they do now instead of the old "only fire spells". They need to just remove it completely or give us back our blackout even if I haven't picked it up since I started running MH in BC.

Shadowpriests will be fine next patch without this.

who the fuck plays fire pvp anyway? if you're arcane you go frost for IV, if you're frost you take imp. CS
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Impact isn't worth losing Arcane Barrage or Deep Freeze in PvP.

Impact was kept because it helped Fire mages in PvE. And in PvP, they're stupid not to be Frost/Arcane :P

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I posted this in the EU PTR forums, maybe someone could copy it to the US PTR forums?

--

[Suggestion] Blackout - like Impact?

So the priest shadow talent blackout (10% stunchance on spellcast) was removed, and the 10% stunchance talent that mages have actually gets buffed?

(Buff because you have more control over the stun)

So I suggest bringing back blackout in the priest tree. Make it a proc that lets your next shadowword death stun the target for 2/3 seconds. That would REALLY help us in pvp. Psychic horror is nice but losing blackout still hurts because stun > fear.

Why wasn't impact removed at the same time as blackout anyway?!
    Impact for mages wasn't buffed. It was severely nerfed.

Previously Impact was so good because it could proc off molten armour. Which meant we could stun melee attacking us even when we were stunned. In combination with Molten Shields it meant we could stun hunters and casters even when they were at full range.

Now Impact is limited to Fireblast range. Fireblast must be off cooldown for us to be able to stun. Furthermore the stun is only two seconds but requires a global cooldown to use, essentially buying the mage who uses it very little time.

So yeah, in no way was Impact buffed. It was nerfed.

I would much rather have a 36 yard ranged HORROR effect fear for three seconds and a 10 second disarm with a one minute cooldown over a spell that is still a chance (12% Fully talented?) and trigged from a spell that has a (talented) 6 second cooldown with a short range and only stuns for 2 seconds.

Psychic Horror > Impact.

stun > fear.
    On-Demand > RNG.

Also, unlike stuns and fears, you can't do anything but trinket out of a Horror effect, and there isn't anything you can do about Disarms either, besides reduce their duration via talents.

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    Impact for mages wasn't buffed. It was severely nerfed.

Previously Impact was so good because it could proc off molten armour. Which meant we could stun melee attacking us even when we were stunned. In combination with Molten Shields it meant we could stun hunters and casters even when they were at full range.

Now Impact is limited to Fireblast range. Fireblast must be off cooldown for us to be able to stun. Furthermore the stun is only two seconds but requires a global cooldown to use, essentially buying the mage who uses it very little time.

So yeah, in no way was Impact buffed. It was nerfed.
    Blackout for priests was first severly nerfed and then removed.

Previously Blackout could proc from Touch of Weakness (and Shadowguard?). Which meant we could stun melee attacking us even when we were stunned. Then both were removed.

So why not make Blackout limited to SW range. SW must be off cooldown for us to be able to stun. Furthermore the stun is only two seconds but requires a global cooldown to use. essentially buying the priest who uses it very little time.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Previously Blackout could proc from Touch of Weakness (and Shadowguard?). Which meant we could stun melee attacking us even when we were stunned. Then both were removed.

So why not make Blackout limited to SW range. SW must be off cooldown for us to be able to stun. Furthermore the stun is only two seconds but requires a global cooldown to use. essentially buying the priest who uses it very little time.
    I see what you did there....and actually like it But yes it would trigger off shadowguard too. I know this because my ex's roommie played a troll while I played UD. We both liked our racials but he was more jealous of my devouring plague lol

Blackout was severely nerfed, then removed, then we got a 3 second horror/10 second disarm effect, and dispel protection, and -15% damage in shadowform. Impact got removed and got replaced by another, much weaker, impact.

I actually quite like the idea of giving SW a 2 second stun, and considering they removed Touch of Weakness and Shadowguard from the game putting it on SW seems like the most likely spell, but I assume that they are done with the major changes to the priest talent trees.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Maybe make another shadow word death glyph

"your SWD now stuns the target for 2 seconds but its damage is reduced by 50%"
    It's just a game.

Psychic Horror = Blackout on demand + disarm.
    It's an instant ranged stun with a disarm effect. Not another fear.

So .. we didn't actually lose Blackout. We were just allowed to choose when it should proc ;p

15+ Year Old Account

Something like "Your Shadow Word: Pain has a X% chance to cause your next Shadow Word: Death to stun your target for Y seconds"

Perhaps?
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

RNG stuns = bad.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Psychic Horror = Blackout on demand + disarm.
    It's an instant ranged stun with a disarm effect. Not another fear.

So .. we didn't actually lose Blackout. We were just allowed to choose when it should proc ;p
    A talent that requires at least 41 points in the shadow tree with a 1 minute CD =/= any form of Blackout or the new impact that is a 10% proc off an 8 second CD spell from a talent that only requires 13 points in the fire tree.

These changes for both classes has been much debate within my guild from mages, people that don't have a mage & us priests. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that its not right for us to lose ours while the mage talent is being left in but modified. They are also in agreement that having a SWeath proc Blackout would be something good for us. Its roughly the same CD (actually its longer but not used in pvp since its the equivilent of someone who cuts themself...feels good but does dmg to you) so its not like we could spam it especially since its self inflicted dmg too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    A talent that requires at least 41 points in the shadow tree with a 1 minute CD =/= any form of Blackout or the new impact that is a 10% proc off an 8 second CD spell from a talent that only requires 13 points in the fire tree.

These changes for both classes has been much debate within my guild from mages, people that don't have a mage & us priests. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that its not right for us to lose ours while the mage talent is being left in but modified. They are also in agreement that having a SWeath proc Blackout would be something good for us. Its roughly the same CD (actually its longer but not used in pvp since its the equivilent of someone who cuts themself...feels good but does dmg to you) so its not like we could spam it especially since its self inflicted dmg too.
    Edit: The new impact has a 10% chance to proc of any damaging spell, and casting that 8sec cd spell (Fireblast?) will stun if you have procced it before.

Indeed.

Shadowword: Death would need SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

I do not use it in PVE because Mindflay does more damage in the same time.
    I do not use it in PVP because I get enough damage without using it so using it would only kill me faster, while still not doing enough damage.

Give it a chance to stun, a chance to do anything, or remove the backlash, or remove the cooldown, something. The spell sounded so sweep upon entering Hellfire Peninsula, but has gone a long way down since then. It should really be useful again because the concept of the spell is a good one.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah I worded that a little bit misleading. I do understand that anything can proc it & you have to use fireblast to actually proc the stun. I was getting at how fireblast is a short CD so they can use it frequently given that it procs to allow them to use fireblast to stun them.

Shadowword: Death would need SOMETHING, ANYTHING.
    Indeed. And the glyph is just awful. It could increase the damage by 30% instead of 10% and it still wouldn't be much of a dps boost.