Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blackout - Like Impact?

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Impact isn't worth losing Arcane Barrage or Deep Freeze in PvP.
    You do realize that there's easily enough talent points to afford both 3/3 Impact -and- Arcane Barrage or Deep Freeze?
    Planning is for amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I do not use it in PVP because I get enough damage without using it so using it would only kill me faster, while still not doing enough damage.
    It breaks Polymorph if you time it right, which is quite neat.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Give it a chance to stun, a chance to do anything, or remove the backlash, or remove the cooldown, something. The spell sounded so sweep upon entering Hellfire Peninsula, but has gone a long way down since then. It should really be useful again because the concept of the spell is a good one.
    I agree, it's sad to see a good spell idea go to waste like that.

Too much RNG stuns in PvP is a bad thing. I much prefer having a controlled Psychic Horror to use.

Pretty much the only thing holding us back from a really nice balance in PvP in 3.1 is the Body and Soul talent. Blizzard really needs to make that baseline or very low in the Disc or Holy trees.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    Pretty much the only thing holding us back from a really nice balance in PvP in 3.1 is the Body and Soul talent. Blizzard really needs to make that baseline or very low in the Disc or Holy trees.
    Beware! So much awesomeness in one patch could very well lead to a time-space distortion.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

You do realize that there's easily enough talent points to afford both 3/3 Impact -and- Arcane Barrage or Deep Freeze?
    You do realise that it is not possible to spec for Deep Freeze and Improved Counterspell and also get Impact?

I would say extra armor, extra magic resistance, improved dampen magic and dispel resistance would be better than a completely random stun that you have no control over. The four second silence on Counterspell would usually be better than a 2 second anyway.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You do realise that it is not possible to spec for Deep Freeze and Improved Counterspell and also get Impact?

I would say extra armor, extra magic resistance, improved dampen magic and dispel resistance would be better than a completely random stun that you have no control over. The four second silence on Counterspell would usually be better than a 2 second anyway.
    Yes, I realize that. I didn't say it was preferable to spec into Impact for a Deep Freeze Mage, I was just pointing out that it is actually possible.

True. It is possible to PVP as full fire, too, but that is also a terrible idea.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

True. It is possible to PVP as full fire, too, but that is also a terrible idea.
    Most definately.

I was actually amazed at the amount of times I was saved due to Touch of Weakness/Blackout combination. Sometimes you just couldn't get away, pushback was horrible, PS was on CD and then a blackout proc off ToW spam.

Now, hope they don't see you and nuke from a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

dreamwalker

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    who the fuck plays fire pvp anyway? if you're arcane you go frost for IV, if you're frost you take imp. CS
    dead mages lul

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska
    It breaks Polymorph if you time it right, which is quite neat.
    I have to retract my statement. I do use SW in pvp but only vs a mage right before a poly goes off but if his damn images are out its hard to time it with the randomness they have...yes I know you find the mage with more than 2500 HP and mindsear to kill the images but sometimes they get their sheep off before you can do that lol.

Next patch the mirror images no longer use sheep.

15+ Year Old Account

Next patch the mirror images no longer use sheep.
    R E A L L Y?

That would be an awesome change. Sheeping mirror images are one of the most imba things in arena...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

More evidence Blizzard don't want RNG winning arenas. They were really annoying though sometimes, and unuseable on certain bosses because of their random sheeping.