Thread: fairly new dk

fairly new dk

Hi and thank you for reading my post . As of lately I have been lacking decent dps . actually sometimes its great , sometimes its not so great . what i am trying to do is be atleast 2k dps . I think I can do it . I have read the post from Ej and studied the rotation . I have near a practice dummy trying to improve . I know I dont all the enchants and my gear isnt the best . I just wonder if theirs something Im missing or Not understanding.

Here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...m&n=Missmurder .

Please keep it constructive Im just trying to be a asset to my guild

Re: fairly new dk

go blood spec OB->OB->DS->DS->DC dump rinse and reapeat easy 2k dps , any ways once 3.1 comes out this spec won't be viable and you'll have to go unholy anyways.

im hoping those OB or DS better be HS cause you gotta be hacking otherwise

and 2ndly his gear cant support diseaseless build at the moment

yeah I tried blood spec and it was actually worse than unholy . I think the lack of dps has to do with timing . like am i waiting for something on cool down or am i filling it with something thats ready to go . Usually I like to use whatever spell I can use at the time.

As Ty said, diseaseless won't work with his gear.

What I did when I was Unholy:

1st part: IT-PS-SS- UB - BS-BS throw up UB as fast as possible,
    2nd part: SS-SS-SS dump rune power with Deathcoils, or Gargoyle.

After that you keep on making Deathrunes with your BS, and spam SSs untill the glyph fails.
    Then you do IT+PS again.

UB > DC, IF you will stay in range for the full duration. It's more dmg per RP than a DC.
    So give UB priority if you will stay in range long enough.

Keep your Ghoul alive, it will add up to 400 dps. So get "Night of the Dead" will both keep it alive longer, and speed up the resummon, if it dies.

You say your damage varies a lot.
    All these results come from exactly the same training dummy?
    Dummies in IF ( and other cities) and dummies in Ebon Hold are different, my DPS can vary by up to 4-500.
    Tested this several times.

If you compare dmg done in instances, you need to remember you will have buffs from your party members.

Glyph of Scourge Strike
    Glyph of Ghoul
    Glyph of Blood Strike / Icy Touch / Bone Shield / Whatever u want in your third.

Rotation =
    1- IT,PS,BSx2,SS,UB
    2- SSx3,DC Dump
    3- SS,BSx2,SS,UB
    4- SSx3,DC Dump

Any time your diseases are about to run out and Scourge Strike did not refresh them, cast IT,PS in place of SS.

I've found unholy has great AOE dmg, but not the greatest boss damage. I don't think you're gear is good enough for blood yet, but 2h frost is always another option.

2h frost sorta sucks unless youhave SoA and/or BoH.
    if you got those tho. it leaps ahead by nice margins
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted

Is there a reason no rotation here mentions death&decay?

main reason we dont mention DnD cause these rotations are used on bosses and not trash

thanks for all the advice I will check out frost and see what that is like . anything to up my dps