Thread: threat...

threat...

I did a pug 10man VoA and the OT pally in the raid was pulling aggro off me, and lately I've been having trouble with threat, IE I'll TC and the healer will get aggro still for some reason.

Anyhow, I checking the pallie's gear http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+52&n=Sinthori
    and kinda got pissed because he's got 1/2 the hit I do, wouldn't that gimp his threat somewhat?

my gear http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a+52&n=Spardok

Any advice as to how i might go about fixing threat?

Re: threat...

On the switch there is an agro reduction, if you keep taking it you'll lose agro.

Also, Pala's don't need rage to use their ability like Warriors, so if he goes all out at the beggining you'll be rage starved.

However, you should still be putting out more threat than the DPS so whether you or the pala have agro doesn't matter.

Edit: Also, I find it odd you've gone all out on hit. I mean, yeah, it's good for threat, but really? Capping out as a tank as a priority? :/

I know about the switch, but I'm talking about right when I engage him with a full rage bar from the last mob, he kept aggro and even after I taunted when he got thrown by the boss, he caught up with me, maybe it was a taunt, but it just annoyed the hell out of me since I wasn't able to keep aggro. pet peev of mine.

well if he was taunting then yeah, he probably was out agroing you.

should've checked really, 'cause now we're stuck with this thread.

He taunts: Nothing is wrong
    Wasn't taunting: You're doing it wrong.

Well, on the me wrong, I like to get the 9%, is it not as important as it once was? I don't see many tanks going around with full hit anymore... short of 25 EoE or Naxx

You need +263 hit rating to get +8% hit. That's the cap, not +9%.

You've got +297 hit rating, which means you're +34 rating above the cap.

You've got +20 hit rating from enchants and +32 hit rating from gems, which means you can switch your +hit rating enchant on your gloves for the +2% threat one, and also switch out one of your green +hit/+sta gems for something more useful, and you'll still be capped.

Also, I'd suggest getting Lavanthor's Talisman. Replace your Sonic Booster with that and give it a go. Macro it to your SB and throw those huge slams, and it will also raise your threat a bit through Damage Shield.

8%? when did they reduce it? I've always known it to be the same as 2h or bow IE 9%.

My EH goes down ~1k if I drop the Engie trink...not very nice with how much I have currently.

Easy fix...... stick vigilance on his ass. HAHA ;D

My advice get more expertise. expertise>hit rating for a warrior. My gem slots are the following:
    Blue-24 stam
    Red- 8 expertise 12 stam
    Yellow- JC stam gem. (too be honest I dont know what you would put in there to match without JC since it is so OP right now).

I see you are starting to get some 25 man gear so really just start shooting for that expertise gear like legs of maly 25, boots off thad 25. I would even suggest using the maly shield from 10 man seeing as its the shield of choice for almost every top warrior tank I have seen atm like kungen from ensidia ( top guild in the world if you didnt.) Basically given you are and or I think once you get all the best in slots you can have i think it is 48 expertise when using last laugh. Given the content is so easy and competent healers can heal like anything you should mainly focus on threat gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spardok
    8%? when did they reduce it? I've always known it to be the same as 2h or bow IE 9%.
    They reduced it 6 months ago when they released WotLK.
    It is now 8%, not 9%. Same for 2-h and ranged (bow/gun etc).

you spec is a bit iffy too, you've gone for imp spec yet you haven't taken any points in Cruelty :< plus that 5% crit that you have w/o cruelty even when buffed wont get you over 11% ;p

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...a+52&n=Spardok <----yours

go for something more like this:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM00fZhbZMItrx0zidIzsGo (with a slow high weapon damage 1h weapon for DW)

or

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM00bZhxZMItrx0zidIzsGo (with fast 1h weapon for HS spammage)

this spec is what most warrior tanks i've come across using (and yes i've said it was no good in the past, but biting the bullet and trying it, it IS actually good :P)

dont take all of imp sunder since if you're the MT then you should have a full rage bar in the first place, imp Rev and Gag order are useful Threat mechanics that should work to your favor.

Oh yeah I would def say keep slayer until you get last laugh. I tried out Broken Promise last week it cut my tps in half. Maybe I'm just used to HS spam but when I actually care to make threat I do a good 10k tps which only people I have ever seen get close to that is like 8-9k tps which would be mages and locks sometimes hunters but this is also during BL so my tps goes up too. Bottom line like i said earlier go for threat gear and fast wep imo cause contents just to easy to be stackin avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by drabideau08
    Oh yeah I would def say keep slayer until you get last laugh. I tried out Broken Promise last week it cut my tps in half. Maybe I'm just used to HS spam but when I actually care to make threat I do a good 10k tps which only people I have ever seen get close to that is like 8-9k tps which would be mages and locks sometimes hunters but this is also during BL so my tps goes up too. Bottom line like i said earlier go for threat gear and fast wep imo cause contents just to easy to be stackin avoidance.
    lawl broken promise is the best threat weapon out there slayer is pure crap, 1 try wont be a way to see which is best, just learn how to do a rotation with slow weapon aka devastate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    lawl broken promise is the best threat weapon out there slayer is pure crap, 1 try wont be a way to see which is best, just learn how to do a rotation with slow weapon aka devastate in it.
    less bravadaccio, more evidence plx

Quote Originally Posted by frankster
    less bravadaccio, more evidence plx
    gladly:

Broken Promise:
    One-Hand Sword
    274 - 509 Damage Speed 2.50
    (156.6 damage per second)

Last Laugh:
    One-Hand Sword
    192 - 357 Damage Speed 1.60
    (171.6 damage per second)

while comparing the two LL does indeed have a quicker swing time to BP and more DPS, so this enables quicker swings and HS spammage, but! BP has 274-509 damage which stands higher than LL's 192-357 damage, and since abilities like Devastate, Revenge and bleed effects (i.e. rend and Deep wounds) are amplified by the weapon damage, this makes a better choice for a tanking/threat weapon, plus if it's the imp/DW spec then you're gonna generate a fuck load of threat when the ball gets rolling.

On rage starved encounters BP will be on par from what i've noticed. However on Patch you start to see a decrease of anywhere from 2 to 3k tps when using Bp over LL.