Fresh 80 Holy Pally

About to hit 80 on my paladin and I'm wondering about what gear level should i be at to be able to competently heal early end-game content.
    ???

Re: Fresh 80 Holy Pally

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime1090
    About to hit 80 on my paladin and I'm wondering about what gear level should i be at to be able to competently heal early end-game content.
    ???

For easy healing

Unbuffed to run nax10:
    about 1550+ spell power
    16k-17k mana
    330mp5 when casting
    25%crit

Unbuffed to run nax25:
    about 1900+ spellpower
    18k-19k mana
    400mp5 when casting
    30%crit

after that stack the intellect and mp5 for harder modes

holy mp5 batman crit is better in every way over mp5
    i started naxx 10 with about
    1400 sp
    100 mp5
    30% crit

i started 25man with out much more stats then this either

mp5 is ok only take it if its on the gear though dont shot for retarded amounts of it for its the worst scaling stat.
    look for int spell power crit and haste gear if there is mp5 on it cool if not dont gem for it or anything. gem sp and int or crit

don't worry about mp5 at all... stack int as much as you possibly can.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus
    For easy healing

Unbuffed to run nax10:
    about 1550+ spell power
    16k-17k mana
    330mp5 when casting
    25%crit

Unbuffed to run nax25:
    about 1900+ spellpower
    18k-19k mana
    400mp5 when casting
    30%crit

after that stack the intellect and mp5 for harder modes
    shoot for this except, ignore everything this person says about mp5 and you'll be more than fine.

mp5 is only needed when you do not have a replenishment provider in raid, soon this will be quite impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    And even without a replenishment provider, mp5 is still among the worst stats for a Holy Paladin. Holy is entirely crit-based, the more you crit, the more often you get mana returned to you. Stack it, gem for it, love it
    I agree to an extent, mp5 is never a stat to gear for, ever although Id say int is the stat to gem not crit. You get so much crit anyway from Boomkin and the actual gear. + int gives some crit back so its not a total waste. This is arguable though, I resocketed all int, made the JC owl etc and It works better for me then the former crit stacking. I still have 47% HL crit unbuffed and about 55 in raids with boomkin but instead of 24k mana I now have 28 that adds to the few DP I use and the replenishment buff (and mana tide if avaliable)

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    And even without a replenishment provider, mp5 is still among the worst stats for a Holy Paladin. Holy is entirely crit-based, the more you crit, the more often you get mana returned to you. Stack it, gem for it, love it
    Don't gem for crit. Ever.
    At least with current itemization and talents.
    Int is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    Int is far superior.
    qft, paladins need mana to be able to keep spamming, int is a better mp5 stat then crit now and as I said before, we get plenty of crit from spec/gear anyway. Get like what, 19% HL crit from spec alone.

personally with the change to divine plea Int is no longer as high on my list of things to stack considering the whole concept behind getting huge gobs of mana and returning it with divine plea is now a danger to the raid sometimes.

That being said you can get more crit/spellpower in one orange gem then an entire int gem sooo...

Quote Originally Posted by mattimaeus
    personally with the change to divine plea Int is no longer as high on my list of things to stack considering the whole concept behind getting huge gobs of mana and returning it with divine plea is now a danger to the raid sometimes.

That being said you can get more crit/spellpower in one orange gem then an entire int gem sooo...
    The reason you stack in is for the SP, Crit, and Mana regen from replenishment. In PVE you shouldn't even need to use Plea.
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    Int is far superior.
    Int is only valuable to the point where you use all the mana you gain from it. If you're ending fights with 50% mana left, then all that Int is wasted.

I've found that a full BiS set gives you all the built in Int you need for any current content (right about 20k unbuffed). This leaves all your slots available for non-Int gemming. I go with a SP/Crit mix, leaning more towards Crit.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

With my current spec, I sit at (all unbuffed):
    16.4k health
    24.1k mana
    2090 SP
    38.92% holy Crit

I gem specifically for int. I don't have all my BiS gear, but some (Turning Tide, Voice of Reason), 4/5 T7 (25man). The only gem I really use with SP is my Meta (25 SP +2% int). I enchant for int, except Turning Tide and Bracers (SP), and Icewalker for boots (Crit). I avoid gemming for SP since the majority of our heals are overheals, and increasing SP ends up increasing our overheals. I think with the Spiritual Atunement nerfbat that hit us, a large mana pool is going to keep us sustained in combat.

Aeronias
    <Legio Fidelis>
    Scarlet Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by aeronias
    The only gem I really use with SP is my Meta (25 SP +2% int).
    I don't agree with gemming for so much Int in current content. It's just not needed. All that Int is just wasted on the vast majority of fights. I do believe we will have to go back to Int come Uldar though.

I wanted to point out that your meta gem is wrong. Insightful has been shown to return way more mana than Ember.

From elitistjerks:
    For all the comparisons I am using 1400 Int and 25114 mana as a base, approximately mostly epic gear that is favoring Int. I also assume a 6 min fight, 4 Divine Pleas, and 90% Replenishment uptime.

[Insightful Earthsiege Diamond] (5% chance to restore 600 mana with a 15 second ICD)
    26.6 Intellect (After Kings/Divine Intellect)
    399 mana at start.
    399 mana from Divine Plea.
    323 mana from Replenishment.
    48 mana from Arcane Torrent, if you are a Blood Elf.
    5.3 spell power.
    0.156% crit.
    4800 mana from proc. With ICD an average of 45 seconds per proc.
    Total: 5921 mana (+48 if Blood Elf), 5.3 spell power, 0.156% crit.
    The proc is approximately 70mp5, varying on your ratio of HL to FoL. This is the best meta you can use.

[Ember Skyflare Diamond]
    28 Intellect
    420 mana at start.
    420 mana from Divine Plea.
    340 mana from Replenishment.
    50 mana from Arcane Torrent, if you are a Blood Elf.
    30.6 spell power.
    0.168% crit.
    Total: 1180 mana (+50 if Blood Elf), 30.6 spell power, 0.168% crit.
    Though it looks good on paper, you will never get enough Int to have it come even close to Insightful.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.